Search found 150 matches

by pearbear
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:03 pm
Forum: EventGhost News
Topic: New server update.
Replies: 9
Views: 820

Re: New server update.

Discussion tab on the wiki pages give an error: http://eventghost.rocks/mediawiki/index.php?title=Talk:Main_Page&action=edit&redlink=1 View Source tab on the wiki pages give an error: http://eventghost.rocks/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page&action=edit Same with Log In page on the Wiki: http://ev...
by pearbear
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:12 am
Forum: EventGhost News
Topic: Media Wiki
Replies: 40
Views: 2473

Re: Media Wiki

OK, the issue is here:
https://github.com/EventGhost/EventGhost/issues/251
let's continue any discussion there as it will be at least partially off-topic for this thread.
by pearbear
Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:44 am
Forum: EventGhost News
Topic: Media Wiki
Replies: 40
Views: 2473

Re: Media Wiki

if for some crazy reason github goes belly up tomorrow and they shutdown all of the servers that information is lost. I just wanted to check in on the idea we discussed about automatic backups of the Git repository and GitHub data for the EventGhost/EventGhost GitHub repository. Has that been imple...
by pearbear
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:05 am
Forum: EventGhost News
Topic: Might have a server
Replies: 7
Views: 612

Re: Might have a server

Cool!
by pearbear
Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:11 am
Forum: EventGhost News
Topic: Might have a server
Replies: 7
Views: 612

Re: Might have a server

How does the ongoing cost of that plan compare to the cost of the current hosting plan?
by pearbear
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:33 pm
Forum: EventGhost News
Topic: "Pay the Man"... Tip your Devs & Try the Shrimp
Replies: 13
Views: 1541

Re: "Pay the Man"... Tip your Devs & Try the Shrimp

It would be also nice to be able to support the global project, by giving money to a generic EG account where the money could be reused for EG. Then we'd have to decide what it got used for and we'd probably never be able to reach any sort of consensus. There was some talk about needing to raise do...
by pearbear
Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:45 am
Forum: Coding Corner
Topic: Something new
Replies: 53
Views: 5161

Re: Something new

Foune wrote: I was just suggesting to improve the MQTT message parsing in E.G.
Have you tried krambriw's plugins? If so, what specific improvements would you suggest?
by pearbear
Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:21 pm
Forum: Coding Corner
Topic: Something new
Replies: 53
Views: 5161

Re: Something new

There are some MQTT plugins for EventGhost here:
http://krambriw.net/
I see there are now 3 of them so I don't know what's what, but I know I used a MQTT plugin by krambriw years ago and it worked fine. I guess it was probably the "MQTT Client (Old using mosquitto)" one.
by pearbear
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:03 pm
Forum: EventGhost News
Topic: Media Wiki
Replies: 40
Views: 2473

Re: Media Wiki

Why can't translations be added in the docstrings?
by pearbear
Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:09 am
Forum: EventGhost News
Topic: Media Wiki
Replies: 40
Views: 2473

Re: Media Wiki

These translations would have to be added to the different documentation areas by whomever has the ability to do it. when i say docs i mean all documentation Here's how I see it working: User documentation : Create a folder structure in the EventGhost repository: _build |_data |_docs |_de |_en |_es...
by pearbear
Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:20 pm
Forum: EventGhost News
Topic: Media Wiki
Replies: 40
Views: 2473

Re: Media Wiki

1, 2 and 4 are maintained from (github) repository and 2 is maintained from forum users. Did i get it right? I think that's the proposal except the last number in the above statement should be 3 instead of 2, but I'm sure we all knew what you meant. Wow... that is really still all over the place I ...
by pearbear
Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:09 am
Forum: EventGhost News
Topic: Media Wiki
Replies: 40
Views: 2473

Re: Media Wiki

The GitHub wiki could be used for that purpose. You could also just have a subpage of the documentation pages to list the developer documentation pages with a note explaining that this is advanced information. If that information is kept somewhere separate then there should definitely be a link to i...
by pearbear
Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:48 am
Forum: Plugin Support
Topic: TP-Link Support
Replies: 43
Views: 3609

Re: TP-Link Support

I think you accidentally deleted all the plugin attachments because I didn't see a single one in the whole thread. It would be nice if the latest version could always be available in the first post so people don't need to look through the thread for the most recent attachment. Maybe you had it that ...
by pearbear
Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:01 am
Forum: EventGhost News
Topic: Media Wiki
Replies: 40
Views: 2473

Re: Media Wiki

I agree that the documentation would be the appropriate place for the core plugins documentation. Here's my thoughts on the current documentation pages: Controlling your living room with EventGhost - Should be in the wiki. A duplicate page has always been in the wiki and I have submitted a PR to rem...
by pearbear
Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:11 am
Forum: EventGhost News
Topic: Media Wiki
Replies: 40
Views: 2473

Re: Media Wiki

More like the wiki is for "everything else". For example, the " User Contributed Configs ". Perfect use of the wiki but it would be a terrible idea to put that in the documentation. Another example is this " Controlling your living room with EventGhost " thing. I have no problem with that being in t...