api.ai python integration

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.

api.ai python integration

Postby jachin99 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:25 am

I'm getting started on google home EG integration but I need some advice. I have seen that API.AI has python integration, and I'll head over their forum to ask exactly how I integrate that but on the EG side of things, how should I ready my EG to take commands? Do I need to setup a webserver plugin or is there some other way I should go about this. On a high level, I get that EG somehow needs to receive a message from my google home but I'm guessing that message isn't going to travel locally, and needs to go through some webserver on google's end. Is that right? Thanks
jachin99
Experienced User

Re: api.ai python integration

Postby kgschlosser » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:25 pm

I don't know. I have not really read up on the API for google home. It could be a direct connection to the thing where you have to set a polling loop to ask for updates. it could be you need to register with the thing to give it an address and port to connect to when there is an update it could be those same things but with one of googles servers.. but it will be something along those lines. Now the pythonj connector might not be for control it could simply be for the "logic" end of things for one of the actions on google home. it pulls the data using the python connector..
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: api.ai python integration

Postby m19brandon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:10 pm

I have an Alexa skill on the general support forum. The Actions on Google work in a similar MANNER. That actions makes a post to EG via the Restful call and EG performs and action.

I stay away from Google APIs as they change year.

Api.AI is a different company. I use Wit.ai which is the similar product. My code is under the shared trees sub forum.
m19brandon
Experienced User

Return to Coding Corner