XBMC Event Receiver

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.
macchina
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:53 am

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by macchina » Sun May 01, 2011 11:20 am

Hi!

I'm getting the following error in EG:

error: uncaptured python exception, closing channel <eg.PluginModule.XBMCEventReceiver.Server connected :8278 at 0x4d69f58> (<type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>:'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 45: ordinal not in range(128) [asyncore.pyc|read|76] [asyncore.pyc|handle_read_event|416] [C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\XBMCEventReceiver\__init__.py|handle_read|109] [C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\PluginBase.py|TriggerEvent|132] [C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\EventThread.py|TriggerEvent|73] [C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\EventGhostEvent.py|__init__|90])

This happens if I do the following in XBMC:
Start playing audio => xbmc-event works
Start playing video => xbmc-event works
Start playing audio => generates above error

Any ideas?

Best Regards
Ernstl

aptalca
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by aptalca » Wed May 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Lunatixz wrote:Can someone tell me how to setup XBMC Event receiver with Dharma Build?

I've enabled Web server, and setup port... but EG never receives commands..
log shows: str(url_xbmc) Connection Error

Any help would be great... I'm trying as many users are to capture xbmc events to trigger eg commands
I just figured it out. The problem is, xbmc event server has a username and password setup but there is no place to put them in the plugin.

What you have to do is, when you type the xbmc host ip in the plugin settings, you have to put the username and password right before it such as username:password@192.168.1.16

Then it works.

(You also have to check respond to self broadcast if EG is on the same computer as xbmc, and you also have to do the enabling of event broadcast as explained in the read me file)

Hope it works

Lunatixz
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by Lunatixz » Wed May 11, 2011 4:59 pm

aptalca wrote:
Lunatixz wrote:Can someone tell me how to setup XBMC Event receiver with Dharma Build?

I've enabled Web server, and setup port... but EG never receives commands..
log shows: str(url_xbmc) Connection Error

Any help would be great... I'm trying as many users are to capture xbmc events to trigger eg commands
I just figured it out. The problem is, xbmc event server has a username and password setup but there is no place to put them in the plugin.

What you have to do is, when you type the xbmc host ip in the plugin settings, you have to put the username and password right before it such as username:password@192.168.1.16

Then it works.

(You also have to check respond to self broadcast if EG is on the same computer as xbmc, and you also have to do the enabling of event broadcast as explained in the read me file)

Hope it works
Thanks for the info... I got it working not to long ago..
To bad it boardcasts very generic events, can't base a script off of it.

yallah
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 5:25 pm

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by yallah » Wed May 18, 2011 5:56 pm

hi,

Very nice plugin, i can see everything from ipad remote. can see player, movie position ,....But have small problem with volume audio, when i change slide i can't see something.

Any idea

thx

aptalca
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by aptalca » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Lunatixz wrote:
Thanks for the info... I got it working not to long ago..
To bad it boardcasts very generic events, can't base a script off of it.

Better check out the Cinema Experience script. It creates a movie theater experience where you get (coke) trivia slides, streaming trailers and all. And it broadcasts more events so you can do home automation.

Check out this thread to learn what Cinema Experience is:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=87563

and check out this post on how to set up broadcasting of events:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=79 ... count=1281

spazlon
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:43 pm
Location: Mangaf, Kuwait
Contact:

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by spazlon » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Is there any way to get the screensaver even? I want to turn off my TV when the screensaver is enabled and turn the TV on when the screensaver stops.

Thanks.

jonib
Plugin Developer
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by jonib » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:07 pm

spazlon wrote:Is there any way to get the screensaver even? I want to turn off my TV when the screensaver is enabled and turn the TV on when the screensaver stops.
I didn't get any event when XBMC went into screensaver mode.

I don't know if the Cinema Experience adds this event as I have not tested.

Maybe you can ask on the XBMC forum and maybe make a feature request.

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image

User avatar
Livin
Experienced User
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:56 am

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by Livin » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:31 am

this is a good idea... for many situations.

let us know if Cinema script has this or if you put in a feature request.
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system

User avatar
Livin
Experienced User
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:56 am

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by Livin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:21 am

Did anyone check out the Cinema script?
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system

spazlon
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:43 pm
Location: Mangaf, Kuwait
Contact:

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by spazlon » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:22 am

I ended up going back to Media Center for other reasons. If anybody is able to capture screensaver events in either Media Center or XBMC I would switch to that HTPC front end.

Let me know if anybody finds a solution to this? Maybe a series of timers in conjunction with system idle?

User avatar
Livin
Experienced User
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:56 am

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by Livin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:21 pm

I use WMC7 and XBMC and EG... I use EG as the "hub" and launch events based on what is running on the screen, what EG logs, and IR commands coming in... it works very well.
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system

spazlon
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:43 pm
Location: Mangaf, Kuwait
Contact:

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by spazlon » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:52 pm

Livin wrote:I use WMC7 and XBMC and EG... I use EG as the "hub" and launch events based on what is running on the screen, what EG logs, and IR commands coming in... it works very well.
Yes, but do you have a way to turn off the TV automatically when no videos are playing? I have a plasma TV and want to prevent the screen from getting burned in. I am looking for a way to turn off the TV when the screensaver is activated and turn it on when the screensaver is deactivated. Right now I have it working on plain old windows by monitoring blank.scr (or whatever the name of your screensaver is), but there is no trigger in MC7 or XBMC.

I really need to try Cinema Experience...

User avatar
Livin
Experienced User
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:56 am

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by Livin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:39 pm

Actually, the screensaver as a trigger sounds liek the best idea... this way it does not matter what is happening (video, music, etc) - once you are done, after X minutes it happens.

I turn everything off via remote - this way there is no issue. I used to have a set of macros monitor the apps running and turn off all equipment, after a time delay, if none of my media apps were running.
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system

spazlon
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:43 pm
Location: Mangaf, Kuwait
Contact:

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by spazlon » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:06 am

I suppose I could create a macro with a XBMC stop event, then set a delay of 10 minutes before sending the power off IR command. Then if any other events are triggered either cancel or restart the timer.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

rickardk
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by rickardk » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:47 am

macchina wrote:Hi!

I'm getting the following error in EG:

error: uncaptured python exception, closing channel <eg.PluginModule.XBMCEventReceiver.Server connected :8278 at 0x4d69f58> (<type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>:'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 45: ordinal not in range(128) [asyncore.pyc|read|76] [asyncore.pyc|handle_read_event|416] [C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\XBMCEventReceiver\__init__.py|handle_read|109] [C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\PluginBase.py|TriggerEvent|132] [C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\EventThread.py|TriggerEvent|73] [C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\EventGhostEvent.py|__init__|90])

This happens if I do the following in XBMC:
Start playing audio => xbmc-event works
Start playing video => xbmc-event works
Start playing audio => generates above error

Any ideas?

Best Regards
Ernstl
I've got this problem when playing files with "å, ä or ö" in the title (UTF-8). Not sure how to fix it though.

Post Reply