XBMC Event Receiver

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.
Moditril

Re: XBMC Event Receiver

Post by Moditril » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:24 am

Hi everybody,
i am very new to this whole scripting and programming stuff, so i hope anybody can help me with my problem.
What i want to do is quite easy, i think, but i don't know how to get there.

1)I just want Eventghost to check if a video file is currently playing, paused oder stopped. Depending on this i want Eventghost to do something else, e.g. put the htpc into hibernate.
Can anyone tell me how to get these events?

2) Does the plugin listen to the xbmc events automatically, or do i have trigger this by a timer event?

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your efforts.
Dominik

Livin
Experienced User

Post by Livin » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:52 pm

This plugin is very old and will not work with XBMC 12 or newer. You need to look at XBMC2, it will do what you want.

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtop ... fa011cee0a
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system

Ganapoes

Post by Ganapoes » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:47 am

very cool. thx.

Hammaskejju

Post by Hammaskejju » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:35 pm

This plugin is very old and will not work with XBMC 12 or newer. You need to look at XBMC2, it will do what you want.
If I understad right, this XBMC2 plugin is only for sending commands to XBMC and it can not receive events from it.
So in the scenario descripted before cannot be done with this XBMC2 plugin. Am I right about this?

I'm writting this reply, because I'm having the same problem here: I want to get the operational status from XBMC (if it is actually playing, paused or stopped). This way I could control the lightning. But I could not receive anything from XBMC. :?:

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:02 am

Hammaskejju wrote:If I understad right, this XBMC2 plugin is only for sending commands to XBMC and it can not receive events from it.
So in the scenario descripted before cannot be done with this XBMC2 plugin. Am I right about this?
There has been a test/development version of XBMC2 for a while that supports events. It would have been clearly obvious if you had looked at previous posts in this thread (or the XBMC2 support threads first post).
I'm writting this reply, because I'm having the same problem here: I want to get the operational status from XBMC (if it is actually playing, paused or stopped). This way I could control the lightning. But I could not receive anything from XBMC. :?:
The XBMC2 test version seems to work fine for some but there is some bugs still, but I try to fix those when they are reported.

Just to make sure the test version is not included in EventGhost at the moment so you need to get it separately. So get the test version here or a slightly newer here. Try the first one first as it might be more stable.

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image