New Pioneer AVR Network Plugin

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.

Re: New Pioneer AVR Network Plugin

Postby kkl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:36 pm

sem;colon,
Any chance that your great plug-in could be easily modified to support multi-load? I have a second Pioneer receiver that I'd like to control. Thanks.
kkl
kkl
Experienced User

Postby Sem;colon » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:08 pm

kkl wrote:sem;colon,
Any chance that your great plug-in could be easily modified to support multi-load? I have a second Pioneer receiver that I'd like to control. Thanks.
kkl

Sure, I'll try to do it this weekend.
Sem;colon
Experienced User

Postby Sem;colon » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:56 pm

Please find the new version at the first post!
Sem;colon
Experienced User

Postby kkl » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Sem;colon wrote:Please find the new version at the first post!

I really appreciate that you've taken the time to do this. I didn't catch the new instructions in the first post initially, but after going through those steps, all seemed to be well. I was afraid that I was going to have to make all new entries for each command, but just adding the Host entry to each Action is sufficient. Thank you very much.

Edit: Oh, just saw that each Event now has an additional suffix, so that may require some editing. I understand the need for it.
kkl
Experienced User

Postby Sem;colon » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:53 pm

kkl wrote:Edit: Oh, just saw that each Event now has an additional suffix, so that may require some editing. I understand the need for it.

Hi kkl,

If you leave the alias field in the "Add Host" action empty you will not get the additional suffix on the events, so for the receiver that was previously in you configuration just leave this field empty and you don't have to edit the old macros ;)
Sem;colon
Experienced User

Postby kkl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:34 am

Sem;colon wrote:If you leave the alias field in the "Add Host" action empty you will not get the additional suffix on the events, so for the receiver that was previously in you configuration just leave this field empty and you don't have to edit the old macros ;)

Good to know. I mistakenly assumed it was required. This really does minimize the trauma of transitioning. Thanks again!
kkl
Experienced User

Postby Sem;colon » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:02 pm

I just realized that I forgot to (re)activate the "FL" Event (the one that occurs if the displayed text on the Receiver changes)(I deactivated this function for debugging)
So I just released a new version ( v0.8 ) with the option to turn this function on or off for every single receiver.

You can find the new version at the first post!
Sem;colon
Experienced User

Postby 3000 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:45 pm

Sem;colon wrote:Follow these steps to upgrade:
1. Open your configuration tree in EventGhost
2. Write down your old plugin configuration (just the configuration on the plugin itself, just that you don't forget it as you will have to enter it again)
3. Close Eventghost
4. Replace the __init__.py file for the plugin in the plugins directory of the EventGhost program directory.
5. Open your configuration tree in EventGhost again
you will get an Error that the plugin can not be loaded - that's normal.
6. Open the plugin configuration of the Pioneer_AV_NET plugin
7. Click OK (important!)
8. Create a new action in the Autostart branch of EventGhost: Pioneer_AV_NET: "Add Host" and fill in you previously used settings for the plugin. (leave the alias field empty!)
9. Save your configuration tree
10. Restart EventGhost

can someone please explain me how I can do this from scratch? I tried the quoted tutorial a dozen times, it doesn't work. What file do I begin with? The one from ThomasBott?

totally lost here ...

Thank you very much.

Postby Sem;colon » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Hello 3000,

the "tutorial" is just the upgrade routine if you installed an older version of the plugin in your EG configuration and what to update it to a newer version.
If you didn't use the plugin in the past, you don't need to do these steps, just use the __init__.py you can download from the first post and put it in a separate folder in the plugins folder under your EventGhost program folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\Pioneer_AV_NET).
Restart EG and you can choose the plugin under "add plugin" in the EG GUI.
Sem;colon
Experienced User

Postby 3000 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:46 pm

thank you very much Sem;colon!

Does that mean I have to create all macros by myself? When I tried ThomasBott's Pioneer Plugin it had everything already in place. It just wasn't working reliably and randomly stops working so I would have to restart Eventghost.

That's why I tried your version. But there isn't anything other than the connection between EG and my Pioneer Receiver VSX-924.

another question: after adding your plugin I see tons of movement (one event after the other). Is that normal? I am not too sure if this is supposed to be this way

thank you very much!

Postby 3000 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:55 am

I don't understand how this is supposed to work. There is no menu whatsoever. It isn't like the one from ThomasBott. Do I really have to do everything by myself?

Postby Sem;colon » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:59 pm

Hello 3000,

well, if you used the old version before I don't understand why the "tutorial" at the first post didn't work for you.
It's still the same plugin, the only difference is, that you now need to create a host instead of configuring the settings in the plugin directly.
Do you get any Errors?
Sem;colon
Experienced User

Postby 3000 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:41 pm

ok, I got it. I never used the old version. Before I found your version, I was only trying Thomas Bott's one, which is a ready-to-use plugin. Here one has to do all macros by themselves - which I only understood know. I thought I was missing something.

But know I use Thomas Bott's one to determine the right command and use yours to integrate the correct commands.

I think I will manage know.

Yours seem to work without any issues. So thank you very much for your contribution!

Postby 3000 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:25 am

ok I finally understand how this works. I have to use the PDF. It works for my model too, which is VSX-924.

One question though: What is the command for the dimmer? One of the things I use the most. Please help!

Thank you

Postby Sem;colon » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:18 pm

0SAA - 3SAA
Sem;colon
Experienced User

PreviousNext

Return to Coding Corner