Update Namespace unavailable in PyCrust

Do you have questions about writing plugins or scripts in Python? Meet the coders here.

Re: Update Namespace unavailable in PyCrust

Postby kkl » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:49 am

kgschlosser wrote:ok it's to be expected.

Good to know.

kgschlosser wrote:but the last issue is gone i hope??

The hang on exit seems to be gone (yea). But if I open Show Variable List, then choose Change Value, a window briefly opens for the value to be changed, but it quickly disappears because the most recent non-EG foreground window pops in front. The change value window is gone and the main EG window shows "(Not Responding)".
kkl
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:22 am

ok there are 2 locations for the change value. which one are you using?

the drop down menu from the menubar in EG? or the right click context menu for a specific variable in the list?

i need to know which one. and if the one is having issues then try the other and let me know if that one is having issues as well.

I am sorry for you having to bug test this thing. and i do appreciate the help.

K
A loved one and Time, The 2 things that can never be replaced.

Family, The only thing you don't get to choose in life.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby kkl » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:51 am

The right-click context is the problem one.

I'm happy that you're working on this useful addition to EG. Hopefully others will appreciate it.
kkl
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:38 pm

yeah no worries. I am just having a lot of issues getting the thing to work properly in 0.4 and 0.5 it's fighting me. but also I uploaded some modified code to the devs of EG for changing out the type of User Interface. so I am throwing that into the mix as well. I don't know if they will accept it. but I am hopeful. so there are really 3 different User Interfaces i am trying to get this thing to play nice nice with. and most of the problems are stemming from eg 0.4 and how it handles the UI with closing the pane. and I am not sure as to why but it keeps on deleting the controls on me even when i am telling it not to. and that is why you are seeing that traceback. the real issue is because i have the 2 different panes and the controls in each of the panes rely on one another. so if you close one of the panes and the control in it gets deleted then the other stops functioning properly.

maybe what i need to do is really look into the treeCtrl and see if there is a way for me to display the contents of the variable pane inside of the actual tree. then it would all be located in the same pane.

tho i do like how it is set up now. but it's proving to be challenging. i make a change and it works but it also breaks one of the other UI's or something else doesn't work right.

it also seems there is some kind of an issue with eg 0.4 and I am not sure why it will give a random error for opening a wx dialog and not being in the main thread. I have not run across this issue in 0.5 at all. and i do not know why i am getting this error. and it gets stuck in a never ending loop but it has to do with EG even tho i am not using an EG dialog. and it's very random. no rhyme or reason to it. open it and i get an error. open it again. and there is no problem.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby kkl » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:16 pm

Do you know how far we are away from a 0.5 non-beta release? If it's soon, the 0.4 effort may not be worth it.
kkl
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:41 pm

don't know.

I am thinking about just doing a splitter window and a single pane. that would help ease some of the issues.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby kkl » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:15 am

kgschlosser,

In the second post, you mentioned displaying all of the data from eg.globals.__dict__. I just started looking for that info and realized that only a few of the variables I set have values, but 'eg' has 'NO DATA'.
Capture11.JPG

There are no system variables available (all of that stuff in the Namespace of PyCrust). Maybe I just misunderstood again.
kkl
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:01 am

this only monitors the eg.globals

eg.globals.eg is a copy of eg inside of eg.globals

you specifically stated eg.globals so that is what i added it for. i am still working out adding other classes.

and the NO DATA is only referring to the last function that called it.

example.

eg.userPluginDir = 'blah'

that will not show anything in the viewer

eg.globals.eg.userPluginDir = 'blah'

will show what function last access it. but it will not show what was specifically accessed it will only show that eg.globals.eg has been

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Coding Corner