Donations?

EventGhost is not dead. Things are changing, yes, but EventGhost still has a bright future. Keep up to date with the latest *official* news here.

Donations?

Postby frosty555 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:16 am

Just wondering if you guys (the original creators of EventGhost) are accepting donations?

Because this program has been a godsend for me and has opened up a world of new possibilities for my media center in my living room. It absolutely *mops the floor* with HIP, which is what I was using before. You've also made me aware that my samsung TV is capable of receiving RS232 commands to control the volume, which has eliminated my need for an IR blaster and is a much cleaner solution to controlling the TV - again just totally amazing.

I wouldn't mind sending you guys a donation at all. I'm sure others out there would feel the same way.
frosty555

Re: Donations?

Postby zian » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:22 am

I can't speak for the original creators but I do know that in a year or so when it comes time to re register eventghost.org, and in 2.5 years when it comes time to pay for more web hosting donations will be needed/wanted.

I also agree with you that this program mops the floor and that the original creators and all the guys/gals that donate and share their time and talents should be reimbursed somehow.
I don't think these folks do it for the money... They just do it... and share it.
Gotta LOVE that.

What if...
You just donate SOMEPLACE "in the name" of EG somehow.
Even if "in the name" of is only in your head... Make sense

Or what if... You passed the word along about EG.
Or helped somebody in need.

I think you have a good idea frosty.

Btw...
Don't know if you know it or not but the original original creator of EG stepped down/walked away from the project just a few months back. The guy was so kind as to hand the whole thing over to all of us.
We needed to, and did, raise money and work to set up web hosting and registering the domain and moving all the data from one space to another.
Many many large donations from all over the globe got us 3 years of web hosting in a matter of days ($250 or so I think).
THAT was cool.

Thanks again Bitmonster... Bigtime.
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.
zian
Site Admin

Postby Christoph21x » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:47 am

Dear Zian,

you really found the right words.
EG really is a donation to US - and I would also like to donate to the team that currently keeps EG alive - and remarkably developed especially in the last months!

The team should consider "donation" button, I think... you could spend a nice evening or more (which I hope) with our signs of thankfulness.

Let us know if you agree... I will be glad to donate for your brillant work.

Greetings from Switzerland - Christoph
Christoph21x

Postby Sem;colon » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:30 am

...Where is our donation button btw. ?
I think I saw one in the past, but I can't find it any more.
Sem;colon
Experienced User

Postby zian » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:05 pm

how about the guys that make the code put names on a board...

folks who want to donate to EG can pay any of the names on the board?

make sense?

heck yeah.
pay these peeps

I nominate Pako ;)

who codes stuff for you?

be well all.

I LOVE EG!!!
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.
zian
Site Admin

Postby zian » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:42 pm

It's time to renew eventghost.net hosting with GoDaddy.

1 year = $107.88
2 years = $215.76

The Google adsence would cover it but if you want to chip in for hosting via PayPal feel free.
Also domain registration at Domain.com will be due soon also. Will get thos numbers in a bit.
Have great days ya'll.
Ian

paypal account = iwilson7 (at) hotmail.com
If you do donate please post it here also. I will do the same for all donations.
No secrets ;)
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.
zian
Site Admin

Postby sunshine » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:59 am

I install Control4 for a living.....but before the flame fest begins, let me just say i don't personally use it, my home runs on eventghost! Please please please help my conscience and let me donate somehow! The least i could do is buy the devs a case of beer or something! I think more people might contribute if there was a button, just saying. And i dont deal with paypal since a wanna be scammer on ebay tried to make a claim against me for a few hundered dollars... i dont even sell on ebay!!! Paypal locked my account upon my contesting the claim.
sunshine

Postby zian » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Does gethub (or similar) have a banking/donate function?

I don't know of another way to donate besides PayPal.

The PayPal button we used to have, only temporary, was connected to my personal account. And to be honest it worked but I just don't want to deal with (be responsible) for it.

But yup... I would love the dev's and the admin guys to get some money in pockets.
Or equipment.
Buy them stuff? ;)
Ask your fav dev what stuff they want from a website ... Amazon etc
Pako is my fav.
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.
zian
Site Admin

Postby bernd » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:46 pm

Hello,

Eventghost is one of the programms why I use Windows, I am also like to donate a little thing.
My suggestion is to set up a Blockchain.info bitcoin account and add a small Donation-Button on the website.

to create a Donation Button you can also use blockchain.info

https://blockchain.info/create_donation ... 32k2buXY8a - you have to replace the address
or
http://coinwidget.com

I would also donate to a paypal address.

Kind regards
bernd

Return to EventGhost News