EventGhost Roadmap: Ambitions and Goals

Keep up to date with EG related information here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: EventGhost Roadmap: Ambitions and Goals

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:19 pm

all i ask is please above all else educate yourself before asking for a change in management.

read every single comment on github. then read what has been posted in the forum.

then make an educated decision
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:25 pm

asap update...

This...
kgschlosser wrote:OK I am going to chime in once again.

Because I am kind of tired of people just seeing what's at the surface.

now who should head up this project or who shouldn't is not my choice. I do not care who has done what.

but from my personal interactions with blackwind. this is what has taken place. and it's all documented and you can read it for yourself.

upon the release of the beta .5 of EG every since bug I have come across has been instantly marked as invalid with a reason of 'I cannot reproduce' with no further investigation. and then either days or weeks later someone else will post the same thing. and all of a sudden it's a bug.

in a conversation to blackwind i had stated that there needs to be something done to organize windows 10 issues. and his comment to me was. there are no windows 10 issues. it works just fine for me.

this is not proper handling of any kind of a bug report.

just because you are not experiencing the problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I have resorted to video proof with him to get him moving to even investigate. which is nuts.

I also created a plugin for EG .4 which locked the log scrolling. and this function managed it's way into EG .5 without me being asked. or even a mention of my name as to where the feature came from. now i do understand that the code would have to be modified in order to function as a core implementation instead of as a plugin. but the core idea and function are the same.

this is not a proper way either

i had come up with an idea on adding the ability to be able to install packages from pypi. and he agreed and sent me on the task of making this feature with an outlined set of requirements. and i completed said task took a lot of hours. and he bumped it out with a statement of "because pip has no API i will not use it because if they change something it will break, i want code that I will not have to maintain", Now anyone who programs and think they will never have to maintain code is just bonkers. but also thinking that because someone releases software that has an API means that API will never change... really???? look at Microsoft. his reasoning was complete BS. what has pissed me off about this. is the comment at the end of "Don't take it personal". now i could care less if it got bumped for sloppy code or doesn't work like how i outlined. but that would require having had looked at it. that didn't even happen. and stating that because it has an API means that it will never break has to be one of the dumbest things i have ever heard. now I am the first to point out that I am new to programming, nor do i ever claim to be really good at it. but i will tell you what. I put in some serious effort.

there are only 2 things in life you can never replace.
#1: A Loved One
#2: TIME

and anyone that is given the task of making something and they complete it. is automatically given the courtesy of having it at the very least looked at.

this is also a community project. his way or the highway attitude is not what this project is about.

things like not being able to compile a setup installer unless you have a github account. What is he an advocate for github??? because he doesn't want any other builds of EG out there??? that kind of defeats the definition of Open Source.

and in all honesty throwing a temper tantrum in open forum is hardly how a would be leader should act.

you couple all of this together and then think about all of the statements made about him being the manager of all of these projects that he is working on. one would think. how does he have any time for EG in the first place. but secondly is this how he manages those projects????

he doesn't manage a thing.

there have been statements made by him about not caring if any modifications to EG breaks plugins. he doesn't listen to what everyone wants. there are discussions about how to do something and it gets done his way even tho multiple people and in agreement on a different way.

and from what i have read from pull requests on github all of the major modifications and upgrades have not been done by him they have been done by topic2k you need to look at the commits and read github. and the truth will be seen. he has been poking around with things like github markdown code. and adding github markdown to EG. someone explain to my how github markdown code will benefit the user???

and also adding the ability for the builder to download and install python download and install all of the packages required to build EG and even run a virtual environment to build EG. how does this benefit the user??

it doesn't.

how does this cause more work on the back end? well now a repository of sorts has to be maintained with the proper versions of the packages needed. github changes their API on their markdown code github changes something about their authentication what the builder now relies on to build a working version of EG. any number of things because the complexities of doing a simple thing like building EG has gotten so bloated.

all for what reason?? to have the 4 people that actually build EG use it? nope. because they already know how to build it.

and the move from sourceforge to github also appears to have been the doings of another individual.

now me personally I would rather see EG move at a slow pace then to be over loaded with useless and unused features. what have people been wanting for years. a plugin repository. why not hammer that one out. that would truly be the single most important feature of EG because for the most part without plugins EG doesn't do a whole hell of a lot. how about making it easier for plugin creators to create plugins and maintain their plugins by releasing a beta to the plugin devs weeks before one is publicly released, instead of releasing it and watching them scamper about trying to fix their plugins with no information about what has changed in EG and possible solutions to remedy any problems that may arise. the you made it your problem attitude is crap. the people that create the plugins should be given some courtesy and appreciation because without them EG wouldn't do very much.

and an open source project means that everyone is learning. and everyone needs to take the time to teach and explain. because the next person that has a question and it gets answered with a god complex attitude is probably not going to ask another. and that person could have been the next plugin creator, expanding the functionality of EG

Makes me realize...
This... was in haste.
Same still applies but I am not in such a hurry.

Take your time folks.
No rush.
Do things proper?
zian wrote:Let's do it asap please.
I have places to be
Thanks
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

kalinkamaen
Experienced User

Post by kalinkamaen » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:40 am

Well I do agree that attitude like my way or no way is not good at all. But still he was doing a good job. You cant ignore that.
Even Pako has admitted that he cant do the job on his own. Who is going to help Pako now? Do you guys even have a plan?
How many years have Zian had to make a plan for this? If he is not coming back, what is it you guys are going to do, to make
EG (NOT the forum <--- I could not care less about how the forum looks like) work better with Windows 10. And make it more stable?

If NOTHING happens, like it has in couples of years now. I know EG are going to silently dissapear. I understand that you guys want to use
time to make it properly. But you have had allot of time where it did not happen a shit. We do not ignore that!

It could be that I am not well educated, but the facts of what have happened the last years. Does not give you my vote on ignoring 1 person
that actually wants to do the shitty job on his free time. He is probably not Bitmonster, but he wants whats best for Eventghost!

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:22 pm

I request this tread to be deleted, it's just spam. (well, at least everything past the 1st page)
Here are no roadmaps, ambitions or goals - just a lot of hate and kindergarten talk.
Lots of nonsense, doesn't help anyone.

Here is how to improve EventGhost:
1. If you like something to change, do it.
2. If you can't do it alone, ask for help. (you will still need to do it)
3. Share your work with others.
If a lot of people like it, it will find it's way into the default

Btw. I like v0.5 so far, I think we should go on from there.

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:22 pm

I request this tread to be deleted
I think this is a good ambition and I like Sem;colon's input
My latest plugins
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Two men in front of a huge excavator...
- that beast steels work from 100 men with shovels
- well, a 1000 men could do the same using teaspoons

kalinkamaen
Experienced User

Post by kalinkamaen » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:31 pm

Sem;colon wrote:I request this tread to be deleted, it's just spam. (well, at least everything past the 1st page)
Here are no roadmaps, ambitions or goals - just a lot of hate and kindergarten talk.
Lots of nonsense, doesn't help anyone.

Here is how to improve EventGhost:
1. If you like something to change, do it.
2. If you can't do it alone, ask for help. (you will still need to do it)
3. Share your work with others.
If a lot of people like it, it will find it's way into the default

Btw. I like v0.5 so far, I think we should go on from there.
+1 from me!

dequi
Experienced User

Post by dequi » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:44 pm

HI, Pako,

Glad to see you're back! Sorry I made a mess of things while you were off. Just wanted to help and get some info on the community.
Maybe get some ducks in a row. Didn't know frustrations between some people where that deep.

At least got the website headers updated.
wanted to update the Wiki and phpBB as well as they are running older versions with documented security issues but zian kicked me back out.

+1 delete the thread
/dequi

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:00 pm

Delete the thread...
That will fix EVERYTHING!
lol

If somebody deletes this thread they should be ashamed.

This is life folks.
It's real and it's honest.

If you acted like a fool in this post you should also be ashamed.

Ambitions.... delete this post.
Not very ambitious.
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:43 pm

dequi wrote:I wanted to update the Wiki and phpBB as well ...
Me too DeQ ;)

The php is my main concern.
The wiki... whatever.
Up to you.

Wanna take it on?
Need some "keys"?

Just let me know.
Thanks
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

dequi
Experienced User

Post by dequi » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:27 pm

zian wrote:Wanna take it on?
Need some "keys"?
not without community agreement, not coming weekend (have ERP system upgrade going live at work) maybe next.
/dequi

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:04 pm

zian wrote:Delete the thread...
That will fix EVERYTHING!
lol

If somebody deletes this thread they should be ashamed.

This is life folks.
It's real and it's honest.

If you acted like a fool in this post you should also be ashamed.

Ambitions.... delete this post.
Not very ambitious.
Its probably a good idea to really think about what your saying here. With all due respect, the arguing back and forth makes the entire site look like a s*** show. I'm willing to bet that most users are here to solve problems, and will steer clear of all the drama. Good developers are probably hard to come by, and your giving those people up when your project is stalling because site owners at butting heads. A fresh start for the project would be a good thing, and airing dirty laundry won't do you any favors in winning over new people. Keeping your problems in house is just a common sense business practice. This a help forum, but lately its looked more like a soap opera. I can't help but believe that all the back and forth is just going to destroy this site, and keep forum participation, and development at a low.
Last edited by jachin99 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:08 pm

dequi wrote:
zian wrote:Wanna take it on?
Need some "keys"?
not without community agreement, not coming weekend (have ERP system upgrade going live at work) maybe next.
Sounds good.
Have a great ERP System Upgrade D.

Makin' Sausage. ;)
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:38 pm

This still applies btw.
Discuss and let me know.
zian wrote:
cfull1 wrote:.... you'll hand over admin access to him.
Okie doke.
Him, her, you... whoever.
I don't care.
Not just admin access... EVERYTHING.
Let me know how to transfer EVERYTHING EG.net related at GoDaddy from my account to somebody elses GoDaddy's account.
And I will.
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

dequi
Experienced User

Post by dequi » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:47 pm

leaving the bitching behind... re-focussing

I'm defining two main goals to be 'hammered out' by the end of the year (aside from some security related updates)
kgschlosser wrote:what have people been wanting for years: a plugin repository.
Run this site without ads for the next 5 years

who is up for it? lets discuss
/dequi

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:47 pm

dequi wrote:leaving the bitching behind... re-focussing

Run this site without ads for the next 5 years

who is up for it? lets discuss
Yeah,
The ads in the EG website/forums have been hindering EG's functionality for YEARS!
I'm sick of them too.
lol

Priorities. I guess.
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.