Video of my automation

Post photos of your home automation. Have discussion about how you use EventGhost in your setup.

Video of my automation

Postby shayno » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:44 am

Hey guys.
Brandnewby here, Got to say I love Eventghost and would be lost without it. Here is just a quick demo of how I use eventghost in conjunction with Voxcommando and Autoremote to control my cinema room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUBX9cmMLu4

Any questions just fire away.
shayno

Re: Video of my automation

Postby kgschlosser » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:28 pm

ok there is just one statement for that

and please excuse the language. but there is no other expression for it...

Bad Ass!!! love it. i wanted to do the same as well. but on a per room basis. i am almost to the point of being able to do it. once I get this crazy computer case i am building done. and add a mic to each of those rooms. that will cover the bedrooms. and the rest of the rooms i can use an arduino to capture the audio and pass it to eg. but it wouldn't be as an audio file it would be raw data. and that is where i am hung up on how to get the data into a format that can be analyzed by something like voxcommando.

i can use raspberry pi's and virtualhere with a usb sound card in each of the raspberry's and do a usb redirect for the sound card to a VM for each of the rooms with a separate instance of EG and voxcommando running on each VM. but the expense goes way up from there. I want my setup to be "room aware" so there would be no need to state the room name. if i ever manager to get time to focus back on my automation project. i am just to busy doing other things to my home but at the same time i am doing those i am adding the means to do things like adding individually addressable led strip lights to 475' of deck railing. have to put in all the electrical for all the power supplies things like that. today is the day when i hook power back up to my work shed and generator. and also add the circuits for the exterior lighting.

but if you could provide a video tutorial of how you set up EG and voxcommando that would be a HUGE help to me and many others as well
A loved one and Time, The 2 things that can never be replaced.

Family, The only thing you don't get to choose in life.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby eirik226 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:52 pm

kgschlosser wrote:ok there is just one statement for that

Bad Ass!!!

but if you could provide a video tutorial of how you set up EG and voxcommando that would be a HUGE help to me and many others as well

Agreed, It's impressive! Is it voxcommando that responds to you with the jarvis voice? And what do you use as microphone?

A plugin exists between vox and EG right?
eirik226
Experienced User

Postby shayno » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:38 am

Thanks guys, I'll get On The tutorial soon.
It is vox that responds I'm using ivona tts for voice, the microphone I'm using is just an old Panasonic Skype mic that works really well at picking up my voice but ignoring say a nearby conversation. And there is no plugging needed between vox and eg, it is supported in vox already. :) Thanks to jitterjames.
shayno

Postby eirik226 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:32 pm

shayno wrote:Thanks guys, I'll get On The tutorial soon.
It is vox that responds I'm using ivona tts for voice, the microphone I'm using is just an old Panasonic Skype mic that works really well at picking up my voice but ignoring say a nearby conversation. And there is no plugging needed between vox and eg, it is supported in vox already. :) Thanks to jitterjames.

Premium is required, right? I feel that is important to inform. If not you have to restart every 50th command?

But this is definitively cool, I'll do something like this in the future. Sadly not with all the hardware you got.
eirik226
Experienced User

Postby skribb » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:44 pm

shayno wrote:Hey guys.
Brandnewby here, Got to say I love Eventghost and would be lost without it. Here is just a quick demo of how I use eventghost in conjunction with Voxcommando and Autoremote to control my cinema room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUBX9cmMLu4

Any questions just fire away.

Damn, that is one spankin house. Ah, to have a job :shock:

I like that you're home theater room is "serviced" by the "actual" Jarvis while the rest of your house is Alexa.
Automation is life.

Win7 64bit
EG: r1722
skribb
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:09 pm

Dude I love that painting on the wall to the right of your TV.

And whenever you decide to go projection let me know. I can build ya a Screen for it. There isn't anything that can compare but something close would be about 3-4 thousand USD.

There is more information posted in this forum thread.

It's actually cost me less to go projection then I usually spend on a TV

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby shayno » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:37 am

kgschlosser wrote:Dude I love that painting on the wall to the right of your TV.

And whenever you decide to go projection let me know. I can build ya a Screen for it. There isn't anything that can compare but something close would be about 3-4 thousand USD.

There is more information posted in this forum thread.

It's actually cost me less to go projection then I usually spend on a TV

Someone didn't watch the whole movie :) The second half takes place in my theatre room, 120" fixed screen with a Epson 5030UB, Bass shakers in every seat,
it is where as you can imagine i spend most of my time.
Jarvis has recently had a sex change and is now Alexa, The reason for this was with Alexa in the rest of the house I was always saying the wrong name in each room so just went with a standard name throughout the whole house.
shayno

Postby kgschlosser » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:12 am

ha! nah i didn't watch the whole thing. probably got sidetracked.

Nice setup tho.... If you are ever in the market for a screen lemme know.

I have been wanting to test out a version that automatically tensions it's self. the one i made for my home will probably never need to have the tension adjusted. but this other design i have would allow for the screen to be no more then a 1/2" thick framed or frame less. and maybe 3/4 " if set up with automatic masking.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby shayno » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:34 am

Made a few changes to the setup and kept the VId extra short just for you kgschlosser :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTHF0tZVtRo
shayno

Postby kgschlosser » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:35 pm

LOL i just tried to watch it and youtube threw an error. would figure

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby GeorgePaul » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:53 am

I tryed to watch the 2nd link but it didnt work. The first one did however. Good stuff man. Im looking into setting up something along those lines in my movie room. Thanks for the inspiration!
To infinity and beyond!
GeorgePaul

Return to Show Off Your Automation Setup