First Post, Gotta start somewhere

Post photos of your home automation. Have discussion about how you use EventGhost in your setup.

Re: First Post, Gotta start somewhere

Postby zian » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:11 pm

kgschlosser wrote:That projector has a front exhaust and intake. I believe the intake is on the left. But I don't remember. If you take a 3" aluminum vent pipe found in the HVAC isle at depot or Lowe's. Do not get the slinkeey style one that's like tinfoil or plastic. They cause to much air turbulence. Get the one that is rigid but does expand. Take 4 paper clips and bend them into hooks and pierce one end of the paper clip through one end of the pipe. Do that in 4 places around the end of the pipe. Hook the paperclips to the grill on the exhaust side. With this method the pipe is flexible so you can bend it over the top of the projector and back against the wall and down. And it will keep its shape. And you can also paint it up nice nice. Some of the hammered rustolium would look nice. It also allows for you to detach the pipe easily enough. Total cost.

15 for the pipe. 2 cents for the paperclips and 6 beans for the paint.

Good thing with this is you can install a helper fan in it if needed and hook the fan up to an adjustable wall wart so you can have control of the fan speed by lowering the voltage. Just remember to use a computer fan. And no higher than 12 volts. Every fan is different in its minimum startup voltage. But if you only want it to creep along you may be able to set it to 3 volts. But you will have to either spin it by hand to start it. Ir move the switch to 12 get it moving then move it back down. I do know 100 % this works for 5 volts. Don't know about 3. This is a really nice way to get the internal fan in the unit to stop going like a bandit. And you can put the pipe and fan some place to kill the sound. Like under the sofa.

As far as the buzzer. It's mounted on the main PCB. It's round could be plastic or metal. But usually plastic. Most times they are blue. But it will have a hole in the middle of it with a bit of metal under that hole. 3 - 4 bits of electrical tape over that hole will do the trick for ys

I know.

Blue chimney works great.
It is done and it was free. :)
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.
zian
Site Admin

Postby kgschlosser » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:04 am

LOL free is always the best.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby kgschlosser » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:33 am

Just lost a RAID controller. almost 8 years of operation 24/7. :shock:
Good thing I bought 2 for twice the price. I had a redundant. 15 minutes and back up and running. :wink:
Well the system never stopped. Just couldn't access my stored data.. OS is on a separate RAID. I just pulled the drives and moved them to the working controller :D
there goes almost 900 beans. now i have to go and find a replacement. I sent in to Tech Support on it because i am at 61K hours of the claimed 920K hours MTBF. ya never know maybe they will swap it. I am sure for a price, but It would be lower then purchasing one new I would imagine. I will song and dance em into doing something. The card does have an I2C / TWI port on it. so maybe the firmware got all screwed up and maybe they will give me the directions to flash it via direct connection. i pulled the lid on the server. fan is spinning and the LED on the lan port on the card is blinking. so it is alive but to what capacity i do not know
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby kgschlosser » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:00 pm

Well I have been working on my media room i ripped up the carpets, moved a wall. raised the back row of seats up 14.5". I built an enclosure to house some subs right under that second row down firing with the opening facing the back of the seats of the first row. 2 12" subs and 2 10" subs. tuning freq is going to be a bandpass on the 10's i want to capture that 80-140 ish area that most systems lack. But because I had to raise a pretty good size section of my media room and that raised section went in front of my rack. I had to make a removable piece just in case i needed to wheel the thing out of the wall. and then i thought hmmm.... i wonder...

mind you this is not yet complete and is a first draft proof of concept.

IMG_20170807_164733.jpg

IMG_20170807_164430.jpg
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Show Off Your Automation Setup