Program Version: WIP-2019.03.10-20.11.47, Build Time: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 20:11:47
Python Version: Stackless Python 2.7.15 final 0, wxPython Version: 22.214.171.124
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise SP1, 64-bit (build 7601)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz
RAM: 15.9 GB
Hmm, this seems to have been quite easy to fix. Let us hope i won't run into any more issues down the road with the new WIP EG.
troubleshooting detailed below.
troubleshooting process part 1:
1. clean install of EventGhost_WIP-2019.03.10-20.11.47_Setup.exe
3. tried starting WIP-2019.03.10-20.11.47 = no crash on startup
i have now isolated the non-factory plugins that i'm using:
troubleshooting process part 2:
1. add potplayer plugin to factory tree = no crash on startup
2. add Plugin: USB-UIRT to factory tree = no crash on startup
3. added Plugin: AudioEndpoint to factory tree = no crash on startup
4. added Plugin: Philips Hue to factory tree = no crash on startup
4. added Plugin: AutoRemote to factory tree = no crash on startup
5. added Plugin: LogRedirector to factory tree = no crash on startup
6. added ZWave-0.5.3b.egplugin to factory tree..........
when trying to save tree after adding Zwave, result is:
Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last) (WIP-2019.03.10-20.11.47):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\MainFrame\__init__.py", line 275, in FuncWrapper
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\MainFrame\__init__.py", line 871, in OnCmdSave
File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\ZWave\__init__.py", line 925, in save
eg.document.SaveAs = self._save_as
AttributeError: 'ZWave' object has no attribute '_save_as'
.... but then i exited EG without saving the tree and re-added ZWave-0.5.3b to tree, which resulted in:
"Z-Wave: Finished initializing new network."
..... and saving the tree afterwards gave no errors!
7. did a couple more restarts of EG to make sure it still works = no crash on startup
8. i will now do a "troubleshooter's leap of faith
" and load my regular .xml tree into EG WIP-2019.03.10-20.11.47 = no errors!!
9. restarting EG with my regular tree loaded = only error now is "Z-Wave: Room not found."
10. re-adding my backed-up Zwave settings into %programdata% and launching EG = no errors, but EG takes 20 seconds to initialize (my Zwave rooms have been re-added successfully)
11. rebooting Windows just to make sure = EG launches with no errors
something in %AppData% was haunting the new EventGhost (no pun intended, i swear)