Enable/Disable Windows Sounds

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
cableghost

Enable/Disable Windows Sounds

Post by cableghost » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:06 am

Any idea on creating an Action to disable Windows Sounds (No Sounds), not system mute? I've looked at NirCmd as well, but no option.

Thanks.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Enable/Disable Windows Sounds

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:11 am

in order to disable windows sounds you only have to stop the windows sound service.

so you would use a Run Application action to run the command

Code: Select all

net stop AudioSrv

and to restart it

Code: Select all

net start AudioSrv
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

cableghost

Post by cableghost » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:20 pm

Thanks, though that turns off all sound. I would like to simply turn off Windows Sounds (see screenshot).

Purpose...when watching media on my Plex Media Player or other media app, I would like to mute all other sounds. I can react to 'Task.Activated.PlexMediaPlayer', as an example.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:40 pm

Sorry for the Miss understanding. I took No Sound and Disable Windows Sound as actually turning off the Sound in Windows.

You need to be able to control the System Audio Endpoint. I have not tinkered with this bit of it as of yet. But I do not think that an Application can change the volume of another Applications audio endpoint. I think that only the owning application and the user (from the sound control panel) can do this.

But what we might be able to do using the windows API is we can possibly change the default sounds to an empty sound file. I am going to have to look into it to and see what we can do.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image