Can an AURC-002 MCE or HP MCE transmit IR codes?

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
DanO

Can an AURC-002 MCE or HP MCE transmit IR codes?

Post by DanO » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:15 am

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if a AURC-002 MCE pictured below can transmit IR codes to an external device like a stereo receiver?

https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_MCE_remo ... s#AURC-002

I believe this is a clone of the HP MCE pictured here:

https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_MCE_remo ... MCE_Remote

I've tried to add the plugin for MCE and transmit and IR. It seems to learn it, but I don't think anything is sent since nothing happens on the receiver (and I don't see an IR light come on, even in a digital camera, like I did when it was learning the code).

Thanks very much for any insight!

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Can an AURC-002 MCE or HP MCE transmit IR codes?

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:21 am

From that image it does look as tho it does have the capability of blasting. If you look at the image you will see a wire with a red thing attached to the end of the wire. That needs to be plugged into the back of the "receiver" and that little red thing on the end MUST be placed directly over the "eye" on the device you are wanting to control. Sometimes the eye can be hard to spot so you might need to use a flashlight to do it. Typically it looks like a small circle it will show up a different shade of the color of the device bezel when a flashlight is used. The flashlight makes it easier to locate the thing.

There are receivers where you will have an image like the one you have posted but do not include the blaster cable with the receiver. If this is the case then you can verify blasting capability of the receiver by looking at the back of it. You will see at least one headphone jack. some receivers support more then one blaster. If you do see the headphone jack then there is a good chance it does support blasting (most MCE transceivers do support both receiving and transmitting)

If you have the blaster and it is plugged in and positioned properly on the device but it is still not working, let me know what the device manufacturer is and also the model number of the device and I will get you a list of clean IR codes to paste into the transmit action..

You can also test to make sure the transmit is functioning properly if you use the camera on a phone. IPhones will not work for this test. Start the camera app and use that to look at the red end of the blaster cable when transmitting. You will see it flash. This is going to be fast. the speed of the code being transmitted will be between 45 milliseconds (.05 seconds or 1/20th of a second) and 150 milliseconds (.15 seconds or 3/20ths of a second) depending on the IR protocol. **TIP** Great way to test a remote to see if the batteries are good if there are no lights on the remote to let you know. You can also use this to see how strong the batteries are, dim flash = almost dead batteries..

blaster cables can be bought on Amazon.com just do a search for "IR Emitter", They are only 2-3 dollars USD
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:15 pm

I have the HP remote, and I think the receiver. I can tell you the HP remote itself cannot learn or transmit new codes, and it will only transmit the MCE codes. The other light gray remote I'm not sure about, and I have seen remotes like the gray one come with IR learning capabilities, where you can transmit MCE, and learned codes, and without that capability. The receiver is only able to receive codes on its own but there should be two outlets on the back that look like headphone jacks. LIke KG said, you have to get an external IR blaster and plug that into the HP receiver. You also need to make sure the the diode for the blaster is right up next to the receiver on your external equipment. It sounds like all you need to do is grab an IR blaster like this https://www.amazon.com/MAXZONE-Infrared ... 253&sr=8-6 I have never used that particular blaster but I think it will work and it should give you some idea about what you need.

DanO

Post by DanO » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:29 pm

Thanks very much for the replies and information guys! I'll update this thread when I get the emitter as to the results. Thanks again!