IM, send specific friend login/logoff/message events

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
Chaemelion

IM, send specific friend login/logoff/message events

Post by Chaemelion » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:17 am

I hope this is the proper place for this. Anyways, I know there are people who are looking to connect IM to EG and I've found a way. First off, I highly recommend using the Windows version of Pidgin. It lets you log into AIM, MSN, and all the IM protocols at once putting all your friends into one buddy list. It's open source and has many cool plugins. Now, what I like is the fact that it has a feature called "buddy pounce" which is basically a macro you can assign for specific things like when say, your buddy Josh logs into AIM (or sends you an IM, or logs out, or has a status change, or types, or anything), you could have it play a sound, send him a message, change your status, etc. but the best feature is the ability to run a command. Can you see where this is going? In that command box I type "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\EventGhost.exe -e Pidgin.SignOn.Josh" (or whatever) I have created buddy pounces for when my friends sign on, sign off, or send me a message. EG will then get an event and I have my system set up to use the speech plugin to tell me who is signing in/out or sending me a message. Also, i have it set up to send them automatic replies if I dont say anything within a certain amount of time. I just wanted to share that awesome tidbit with you guys in the hopes that it will help someone. BTW, dont use Microsoft Sam, check out the Cepstral demos, and pay $30 for your favorite voice (They have British Accents :wink: )