Google Voice

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Google Voice

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Oh man you have no idea how much stuff I have gotten from that place that is worth a heap of money.

I got a Stanley Carter 1954 J5 Power Planer for 20 bucks. It is 100% complete. All parts and pieces including multiple spiral cutters. The grinding attachment to sharpen the cutters. All original documentation warranty cards exploded parts diagram (drafted) with original prices. The steel carrying case with no rust some wear not bad. I dismantled the planner cleaned out the insides and made sure the wiring brushes brush retainers and armature windings were all in tact. Cleaned out all the hardened grease from the bearings and the grease gun it came with. Greased everything up. And I planed 1300 linear feet of 60 year old 1.25" wide white oak flooring. The thing worked great!! I can't find a single existence on the net for one of these being complete. I called Stanley tools in Commecticut and they said it could possibly be the only one. I can find incomplete ones and even if you take the parts from the ones I have found they still would not make a complete one. I also have the matching router in the same condition.

I also got a 12' long solid cherry Thomasville furniture bookcase with curio ends for dirt cheap not a scratch on it.

I just recently picked up a front door lock set (deadbolt and handle/knob) and 8 interior hardware sets with 4 additional deadbolts for 60 bucks. The front door lockset is 1400 by it's self. All solid brass knobs included.

I maybe spent so far 150 and I have gotten enough insulation to reinsulate my whole house. Without keeping any of the original.

It amazes me at what people donate and if they didn't have this place to give it to they would probably throw it away.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

loveleejohn
Experienced User

Post by loveleejohn » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:06 pm

That is pretty freaking awesome! That would definitely never show up as a donation around here...

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:50 pm

the town I live in well the other side of town I call it Beverly Evergreen (the latter is the name of the town) multi million dollar homes. a whole development full of them some 200+ houses. The really bad thing is trying to hire a contractor to do anything. the people over there don't care and simply open up the wallets and the contractors think that everyone in this town has it like that. I got quotes 250,000 to build a garage. that is almost as much as i paid for my house. 200K to put an addition on my house 350 sqft. and there is already the floor and the roof. all they need to do is 3 walls. 100 grand to build a deck.

It amazes me how much these people are charging and the shit work they do on top of it. If I got paid 100K to build a deck they would get a deck that they would have for the rest of the time they are alive.. The previous owner of my house paid almost 20K for a portion of the deck to be built. it lasted 10 years. the framing underneath rotted out. the builder sandwiched a piece of Non pressure treated between 2 pieces of pressure treated to form the main support beam. so the thing rotted from the center out.

The guy that put in the sump pumps and curtain drain on the inside of my foundation ran the pipe for the pump up and out. and then back down and fed it into the curtain drain that is on the outside of the foundation. the same curtain drain that is not working because it is overfull and that is the reason why the water is coming in the foundation. so why not make it all kinds of worse and cause it to back up some more.. LOL... schmuchs! the ground under my deck had gravel on it up to the foundation wall. looked all nice and pitched away from the house... then i started digging and clearing the stone away to work on the deck.. and low and behold the ground is actually tilted to the foundation and the gravel was put there to make it look like it was tilted away.. so the gravel would slow the water down and the ground would push the water to the foundation wall. giving it plenty of time to find a way in. This is the kind of crap I have found. there are much worse things that I have had to fix.. my next major project is replacing a 30' wide 26' tall exterior wall, framing and all. I am still working out how I am going to support the ridge pole, the wall that needs to get replaced is the gable end of the house. when they attached the roof over my back porch to the house it was to close to the bottom of the very large wooden framed window. and because of splashing from rain the window frame has rotted and I am sure there is mold and rot in the wall. because the 12 foot wide 30 foot long porch roof is ripping off the exterior of my house. I drilled through the ledger for the roof into the inside of the house. put some 4" 1/8" thick plate steel square flat washers with 3\4" eye bolts and bolted the thing to the wall then on the inside of the house I have 3/8" steel cable that crosses the room and is attached to a beam I put in the house that has the weight of the second floor sitting on it. it's made of 2 2 x 12 x 10's and a 1/4" x 12 x 10 steel plate. the main support for the roof sits on top of it as well. so i do not think that is going to go anywhere. I need to figure out how to support that ridge pole and also support the porch roof in order to take the wall out. I may just take the porch roof down completely and frame it properly. dilitons that built that roof did 24" on center 12' long 2x6 framing with 5' snow loads. and the roof is only supported at the house and the outside edge. needless to say i do not go out there is there is any snow on the roof. LOL last owner paid 20K for that roof. lasted 14 years
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image