Google Voice

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
DanRoss

Re: Google Voice

Post by DanRoss » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:58 pm

kgschlosser wrote:I took a look at that code for ya, i see where the problem is. but i am sure it is not the only one. the plugin relies on a library called PyGoogleVoice which has not been updated since 2009. and it listed as defunct on google code pages.

so Unless i write a whole new plugin and api this one is not going to get fixed. and at the moment i do not have the time to do that.

No worries, you've more than enough just finding that info out. I'll see if I can work something else out for my needs otherwise I guess I'm going to give myself a crash course in learning how to rewrite this.

Thanks again for taking a look and for all the other things you've done for this community...

DanRoss

Post by DanRoss » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:26 pm

kgschlosser wrote:I took a look at that code for ya, i see where the problem is. but i am sure it is not the only one. the plugin relies on a library called PyGoogleVoice which has not been updated since 2009. and it listed as defunct on google code pages.

so Unless i write a whole new plugin and api this one is not going to get fixed. and at the moment i do not have the time to do that.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other places so forgive me if I'm not but armed with your info I did a bit of googling and found and updated library. Once i copied the files over and realized I shouldn't have changed the _init_.py file I got this plugin working. I can text my google voice number and about 7 seconds later it shows up in EG.

Here's is the link:
https://github.com/pettazz/pygooglevoice

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:43 pm

hey sweet that you found the fix. i will repackage the plugin and make a new thread for it stating it is fixed. and working. and I will also update anything that needs to be.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

justahotbag2
Experienced User

Post by justahotbag2 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:07 am

Anyone using this, is this still working, and if so, what files do you over write to bring it back to working order, it doesn't seem to be all of them, also assigning a unique password for this plugin alone would be prudent yes, but does it also work?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:23 am

ok I just fixed the plugin so it now works again. google updated their page once again. so it has been broken for a while...

But all set now

:D 8)
Attachments
GoogleVoice-0.1.2.egplugin
(33.27 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

justahotbag2
Experienced User

Post by justahotbag2 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Wondering... Can Kg Fly? (I've seen evidence and I've heard rumors)
Good Sir, I get this error, and creating a unique app 1-Step password is required if you use 2-Step Verification by default.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\GoogleVoice\__init__.py", line 179, in __start__
self.voice.login(username, password)
File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\GoogleVoice\voice.py", line 96, in login
raise LoginError
LoginError
OHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Starting SMS Observation
Exception in thread Thread-28038:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\GoogleVoice\__init__.py", line 45, in run
self.voice.login()
File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\GoogleVoice\voice.py", line 96, in login
raise LoginError
LoginError

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:40 pm

you have to enable google to allow less secure applications to connect...

https://support.google.com/accounts/ans ... 0255?hl=en

justahotbag2
Experienced User

Post by justahotbag2 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:12 pm

"An App password is a 16-digit passcode that gives an app or device permission to access your Google Account. If you use 2-Step-Verification and are seeing a “password incorrect” error when trying to access your Google Account, an App password may solve the problem. Most of the time, you’ll only have to enter an App password once per app or device, so don’t worry about memorizing it."

"If you're using an app not made by Google and can't sign in, that app's sign-in process might not be secure. If there's a corresponding Google app, we recommend using it instead. For example, if you can't sign in to an email app, use the Gmail app."

Is there any chance that this plugin is unable to handle 16-char passwords or transmitting insecure as google suggest?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:21 pm

you have to enable less secure apps in the google control panel.

then you have to enter your gmail address that is associated with google voice and then enter the password for that account into the plugin configuration dialog.

there is no app password that this plugin uses

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:52 pm

@ justahotbag2

did ya get it working???

justahotbag2
Experienced User

Post by justahotbag2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:16 pm

I've yet to pull the trigger on enabling less secure apps, because it requires disabling two step auth, and if I'm going to do that, I'm going to have to change a shorter password, into a longer one, kind of a big deal, since many things are tied up with this account. I will definitely post when I make the move.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:45 am

if ya have another cell/hard line handy with a different phone number you can simply set up another google voice account. and have that one be a relay of sorts. I think you can do forwarding. I am not sure if that works with sms as well tho.

loveleejohn
Experienced User

Post by loveleejohn » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Yep I bit the bullet and started testing this one for ya kg. I've removed and reinstalled this plugin several times and altered the phone number format from 444-444-4444 to 1-444-444-4444 to 4444444444 but so far I keep getting an error message that says No JSON object could be decoded and Number is not valid so perhaps google is blocking this one from working?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:08 pm

nope. it's an API thing. it's going to be a bit before i get to messing around with it. trying to get the new server configured the way we need it and document each and every single step of the process just in case i go on a vacation or fall over dead someone else will have the ability to follow the instructions and get the site back up and running.. and it take a while to write up each specific step. well mainly because I am also learning and each time i mess up and if it is bad enough it causes me to validate my directions LOL.

loveleejohn
Experienced User

Post by loveleejohn » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:49 pm

No hurries. And don't even talk about the possibility of kicking the bucket! I have a feeling that in the RARE chance that it ever happened you would still be coding on the other side and pumping it into the forums! Hahaha
Last edited by loveleejohn on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.