Keyboard shortcuts are inconsistent

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
Bush

Keyboard shortcuts are inconsistent

Post by Bush » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:50 pm

I use keyboard shortcuts but sometimes eventghost doesnt recognise them and I dont know why. They will always work if I have eventghost in focus but if I dont have it in focus they sometimes work and other times they dont. Anyone know what could be causing this?

j.dechlan@gmail.com

Re: Keyboard shortcuts are inconsistent

Post by j.dechlan@gmail.com » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:17 pm

have you ever found a solution to this. i cannot left click properly. one minute it worked and then it just stopped.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:10 pm

question, do you notice this problem only occurs if you have a program in fullscreen? or does it do it with programs that are windowed?
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Bush

Post by Bush » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi I still have this problem any I really dont know what is causing it. It doesnt matter if I have a full program open or I am at the desktop. It just stops recognising my keyboard inputs after not using my pc. If I open eventghost it will work again but eventually stops working again. Its so annoying im looking for other software instead but havent had any luck finding one so far.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:05 pm

Bush wrote:Its so annoying im looking for other software instead but havent had any luck finding one so far.
I use AutohotKey for keyboard hotkey or rebinding keys (or mouse buttons) for specific programs.
It's a free scripting language that has very robust keyboard support.

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image

blaher
Experienced User

Post by blaher » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:10 am

jonib wrote:
Bush wrote:Its so annoying im looking for other software instead but havent had any luck finding one so far.
I use AutohotKey for keyboard hotkey or rebinding keys (or mouse buttons) for specific programs.
It's a free scripting language that has very robust keyboard support.

jonib
My keyboard plugin stops detecting keys after a day, or so, until I restart EG too. Does Autohotkey allow you to send events to EG to save me redoing all my macros that use keyboard shortcuts?

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:21 am

blaher wrote:My keyboard plugin stops detecting keys after a day, or so, until I restart EG too. Does Autohotkey allow you to send events to EG to save me redoing all my macros that use keyboard shortcuts?
Sure, you can use EventGhost "-event" command line option, run it from Autohotkey when you need to create an event.

You might be able to do it via the network too, but I have not done anything like that so don't know the practicability with that :? .

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image