Nuimo Bluetooth Low Energy Remote

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
Telorast

Nuimo Bluetooth Low Energy Remote

Post by Telorast » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:25 pm

Nuimo by Senic is a bluetooth remote for smart homes.

Edit: I'm working on an integration with EventGhost and have managed to connect to the Nuimo, listen to events and forward them to EventGhost. So it works.
I bought a couple Nuimo, planning to use them with EventGhost and got them almost 6 months ago. I had hoped someone would have made an EventGhost plugin by now but Senic haven't even released official Windows support. They have however released Universal Windows App and Linux SDKs.

I'm getting tired of using such fine hardware as paperweights so I'm considering creating my own integration. Anyone else waiting to connect their Nuimo to EventGhost? Is it possible to connect to BLE devices from EventGhost?
Last edited by Telorast on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telorast

Re: Nuimo Bluetooth Low Energy Remote

Post by Telorast » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:40 pm

In case anyone is interested I created a program that forwards Nuimo events to EventGhost. It's still alpha so I won't post it but let me know if you want a private copy.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:47 pm

all BT devices are serial devices. so with that knowledge then yes you can connect them. If you want to make the device discovery automatic you will have to leverage Windows WMI to check devices for a specific marker. To be honest I do not remember what it is off the top of my head. Once you have that done it should point you to the proper com ports for the devices. otherwise you will hav to have the user manually set it. But you are going to have to use something like realterm to be a go between to you can see the data going to and from the remote. this is if it is 2 way communication. if it is only one way communication then simply use realterm to attach to the port the BT remote is on. and start pressing the buttons and watch the data. you should be able to determine the identifiers for the various buttons. now you may need to view the data in hex. it depends on how the remote has been set up and if it uses characters outside of the ASCII range of 32-127 (human readable)
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Telorast

Post by Telorast » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:13 pm

Edited my first post to make it clear I've solved the problem.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:29 pm

cool. You should add it to the plugins support section. so others will be able to check it out. just provice instructions on how to install/use the plugin. when you're done with it.. if you want..

Telorast

Post by Telorast » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:51 pm

That's my plan, hopefully it will be ready enough for that soon.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:53 pm

cool if ya have any questions or ya want some tips let me know. I will be more then glad to help.