Execute EG Macros from a Desktop Shortcut

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.

Execute EG Macros from a Desktop Shortcut

Postby harpua1982 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:39 pm

I apologize if this seems simple and/or is already answered here on the site. I'm rather new at this amazing program and perhaps I may have worded it wrong in my past searches.

I know how to create Macros and Events in EventGhost. I also know how to have actions trigger those tasks (events, macros). In fact, I've used several triggers, such as HotKeys, AutoRemote Messages received, time, active/deactive profiles, ect, ect, ect.

What I haven't figured out yet (it's probably staring me in the face) is how to execute some EventGhost commands (Macros/Events) that I've created from a .bat script or Desktop shortcut.

For example, I have several instances of RocketDock installed on my Multi-Monitor Computer setup.
I also have many other "computers" around the house such as a Laptop, 2 Android boxes, 5 phones or tablets
I want a desktop shortcut for each that will, w/ the help of EventGhost, allow me to remote control each of those devices on my main computer (MainFrame).
I can then load 'em in the RocketDock and launch from there.
There are several tasks that need to be executed through EventGhost and on each device for this to work correctly.
If I'm trying to remote control one of my android boxes, here's the steps I'd have to go through to make this happen the way I'm planning:

- Send an AutoRemote message w/ EventGhost to my Android box - This will open VNC Viewer and TeamViewer Quickconnect apps on the Android box w/ the help of Tasker.
- Open TeamViewer on computer (MainFrame) - DisplayFusion should specify which monitor, but this might change if I'm able to get multiple android devices working...
- run a few Macros to automate connecting to specific device.

I can do this w/ a Hotkey, which I probably plan to do, anyway, but I'd love to execute it from the desktop.
Am I missing something extremely simple?

Thanks in advance for your help.
harpua1982

Re: Execute EG Macros from a Desktop Shortcut

Postby jonib » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:26 am

harpua1982 wrote:I can do this w/ a Hotkey, which I probably plan to do, anyway, but I'd love to execute it from the desktop.
The -event command line option maybe.

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image
jonib
Plugin Developer

Postby blaher » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:01 am

jonib wrote:
harpua1982 wrote:I can do this w/ a Hotkey, which I probably plan to do, anyway, but I'd love to execute it from the desktop.

jonib

Yeah, that's what I use, a batch file with:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\EventGhost.exe" -event YourEventNameHere
blaher
Experienced User

Postby harpua1982 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:34 pm

jonib wrote:

jonib

Yep. I probably shouldn't have posted this. As a matter of fact, I figured it out not even 10min later w/ a .bat file. I also forgot to mention my version # as per board rules. I tried to delete, but it was awaiting approval.

I guess I'll leave it up in case some newbie, like me, happens to search it.

Anyway, thanks for the input. What an amazing program!
harpua1982

Return to General Support