SmartThings and EventGhost/Webserver Plugin

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
dseg

SmartThings and EventGhost/Webserver Plugin

Post by dseg » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Having a really hard time getting EventGhost to receive correct information from SmartThings.
Basically having SmartThings send an event to EventGhost based on a sensor connected to SmartThings.
EG is mostly of the time either not receiving the events or reporting the incorrect binary value for open/close.
I have a thread here:
https://community.smartthings.com/t/sen ... t/22473/67
But not much luck in resolving the issue.

EventGhost 0.4.1.r1722.
Windows 10 v1703.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: SmartThings and EventGhost/Webserver Plugin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:33 pm

exactly what are you trying to send to EG?. give an example of the exact REST command.

It is hard to understand what is going on without knowing the whole setup. EG will do what you want it to do. as an example.

How i set things up is this. create a webroot folder that you will point the web server plugin to. in that folder create a an empty text file called index.html

The port you set it to you will need to include in your command. so say we set it up on port 5432

so if you wanted to trigger an event of Some.Event. with a payload of "Some Payload" this is what the command would be do this this

http://IP_OF_COMPUTER_RUNNING_EG:5432/index.html?Some.Event&Some Payload

I am not sure if this will help you out. But I am thinking that you are having an issue due to the command formatting.

On another Note. I would highly recommend that you upgrade to EG 0.5. I can see you are running on windows 10 and there are quite a few issues with 0.4 and windows 10 that have been fixed in 0.5
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

trickyrick

Post by trickyrick » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:43 pm

I'm having a similar issue.
EventGhost installed on Win10 will not receive any commands from ST.
I installed EG on a Win10 laptop and it worked fine
I have re-installed EG both the newer and the older version
When I install the Webserver all that I change is the event prefix to ST
What could be wrong with my install of Win10 (desktop)
I just recently installed Win10 (new install) and it worked fine for a couple of months. No other software was installed after EG
The only thing that changed was I got a message that I didn't have a valid Win10 license. That has been fixed with MS. EG stopped working around the same time I got that error. Not sure if it had anything to do with EG.
Any ideas
Rick

trickyrick

Post by trickyrick » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:26 pm

I figured it out.
Windows firewall
Thanks