Generic HID plugin not working after resume from standby

Found a bug in EventGhost? Report it here.

Generic HID plugin not working after resume from standby

Postby fidoboy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi,

I've noticed that there is a problem when i resume my computer from standby; after that, all events from my HID device are not being registered by Eventghost (i press keys but event doesn't appear on the log window). There is any way to solve this? This also happens when returning from hibernation.
fidoboy
Experienced User

Re: Generic HID plugin not working after resume from standby

Postby fidoboy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:14 pm

Well finally i've concluded that problem is windows related. With the help of devcon.exe app i've tried to remove the device from device manager and then reeable it, and this way it works fine. The problem is that EG doesn't find the egeneric HID device after device rescan. There is a error in EG log that says: "Error finding HID device:" and no text after that. The device is a multimedia keyboard and it shows 4 HID entries with identical names in EG, si i think that this is the source of this problem. Can anyone help me with this issue? How can i identify my device?

If i unplug and the plug the device to the usb port then EG stops finding it. What's the method to locate HID devices?
fidoboy
Experienced User

Postby Pako » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:53 pm

I do not know if it helps, but try this:
HID_Disable_Enable.png
HID_Disable_Enable.png (7.85 KiB) Viewed 9575 times
Pako
Pako
Plugin Developer

Postby fidoboy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks for the tip, but i've already tried this and it doesn't help. I'm trying with devcon to simulate device unplug but the problem is that when device is plugged again it's not being recogniced by EG because there is 4 HID devices with same name. I think that there is a problem with the generic HID plugin, but i don't know how to solve it and how it identifies each HID device to create a unique name.
fidoboy
Experienced User

Postby Joe » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi,
I have a similar problem using the MCE Remote Plugin. EventGhost does not recognize the Remote anymore after resume or reboot. Devcon the Remote as well as Deact/act the Plugin does not work. Was is working is to Terminate and restart Eventghost, then the MCE Remote is working again.

Seems to me that the support of the Plugin services for these conditions in EventGhost is faulty!

Hope this helps you to fix your problem, and hopefully someone of the development team is looking into this problem.

thanks, Joe
Joe

Postby fidoboy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Yes, i'm almost sure that the problem is with the Generic HID plugin that doesn't identify the right device when it's plugged again... let's hope that Bartman could read this and fixes it soon.
fidoboy
Experienced User

Postby fidoboy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:18 pm

There is no support or help from developers here?
fidoboy
Experienced User

Postby zian » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:12 pm

fidoboy wrote:There is no support or help from developers here?

Yes there is.
Sometimes it takes a while fido.

Have you tried here....
search.php?keywords=Resume+from+standby&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.
zian
Site Admin

Postby fidoboy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:49 am

Yes i've tried it all... that's the reason why i'm almost sure that there is a problem with Generic HID plugin. I would like to have the impressions from bartman or another EG developer
fidoboy
Experienced User

Postby fidoboy » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Up!
fidoboy
Experienced User

Postby fidoboy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:12 pm

No answers yet?? Cmon...
fidoboy
Experienced User

Postby ottoman » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:00 pm

I started with Pako's suggestion and got it working after adding a delay:
evgh.png
evgh.png (8.06 KiB) Viewed 2591 times

Hopefully someone will read this after 5 years ;)
ottoman

Postby kgschlosser » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:07 am

ok after 5 years. I added the ability to have the plugin disable it's self on suspend and re enable it's self after resume. this all can be set from the plugin configuration dialog.

you can enable or disable it and also set the amount of time to have it delay on startup. that way you can fine tune it with as little wait on start as possible.

I have not tested it i do not have a computer that i suspend. so if someone is willing to test it out for me and let me know if it works that would be great.

and if it does possibly the modifications can be added to the next release of eventghost

i also added a close method to the plugin there wasn't one and the plugin has running threads in it. so it may help the shutdown speed of eventghost.

the file is attached

you should be able to just drop this right in without having to do anything inside of EventGhost except for restart it. but just in case i would make a backup of the original and a backup of your tree as well..

K
Attachments
__init__.py
(14.57 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports