Ad blocker detected:
Our software and support is 100% free. This website is not.
You can donate in 2 ways, by turning off your ad blocker or by pressing the Donate button.
************ NOTICE ************
UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS!!!
We have an issue that there is no way around as of yet.
I have done all I can to try and prevent this from happening.
We are going to be losing the .com, .org and .de domains.
We have not been able to contact the original author of EventGhost
(the person that owns those domains) to redirect them to the new web server.
I set in motion when we first moved a redirection from the old server to the new server.
I also put in markers so that search engines would see this change and update any pointers
they have. We still have the .net domain for the production site. and the .rocks for the test site.
For the past few months you have been getting redirected to the .net site if you used one of the 3
domains mentioned above. I just wanted to tell everyone so they can make any changes needed.
I've noticed that there is a problem when i resume my computer from standby; after that, all events from my HID device are not being registered by Eventghost (i press keys but event doesn't appear on the log window). There is any way to solve this? This also happens when returning from hibernation.
Well finally i've concluded that problem is windows related. With the help of devcon.exe app i've tried to remove the device from device manager and then reeable it, and this way it works fine. The problem is that EG doesn't find the egeneric HID device after device rescan. There is a error in EG log that says: "Error finding HID device:" and no text after that. The device is a multimedia keyboard and it shows 4 HID entries with identical names in EG, si i think that this is the source of this problem. Can anyone help me with this issue? How can i identify my device?
If i unplug and the plug the device to the usb port then EG stops finding it. What's the method to locate HID devices?
Thanks for the tip, but i've already tried this and it doesn't help. I'm trying with devcon to simulate device unplug but the problem is that when device is plugged again it's not being recogniced by EG because there is 4 HID devices with same name. I think that there is a problem with the generic HID plugin, but i don't know how to solve it and how it identifies each HID device to create a unique name.
I have a similar problem using the MCE Remote Plugin. EventGhost does not recognize the Remote anymore after resume or reboot. Devcon the Remote as well as Deact/act the Plugin does not work. Was is working is to Terminate and restart Eventghost, then the MCE Remote is working again.
Seems to me that the support of the Plugin services for these conditions in EventGhost is faulty!
Hope this helps you to fix your problem, and hopefully someone of the development team is looking into this problem.
ok after 5 years. I added the ability to have the plugin disable it's self on suspend and re enable it's self after resume. this all can be set from the plugin configuration dialog.
you can enable or disable it and also set the amount of time to have it delay on startup. that way you can fine tune it with as little wait on start as possible.
I have not tested it i do not have a computer that i suspend. so if someone is willing to test it out for me and let me know if it works that would be great.
and if it does possibly the modifications can be added to the next release of eventghost
i also added a close method to the plugin there wasn't one and the plugin has running threads in it. so it may help the shutdown speed of eventghost.
the file is attached
you should be able to just drop this right in without having to do anything inside of EventGhost except for restart it. but just in case i would make a backup of the original and a backup of your tree as well..