USB-UIRT IR code learning crashes EventGhost

Found a bug in EventGhost? Report it here.
jmsosullivan

USB-UIRT IR code learning crashes EventGhost

Post by jmsosullivan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi all,

This topic has been raised before, but I've found no solution so thought it best to raise the issue again. After an IR code is learnt, a lot of the time EventGhost crashes.

I'm developing a program to help quadriplegic patients control devices using voice control, and the easy learning of IR codes is crucial to its usability.

Any help is much appreciated.

EventGhost 0.4.1.r1534

Windows Vista Home Premium
6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001

polaris

Re: USB-UIRT IR code learning crashes EventGhost

Post by polaris » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:06 pm

Hello everybody.

I also have this problem : Before the end of the leraning process, Eventghost crash...

Any idea to help prevent this issue ?

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:29 am

I have found that the crash is being caused by the IR sensor being overloaded with signals. If you go close to the IR Recieve and click quickly it happens less often. Always save before learning IR.

-Flyingsubs

r33s2

Post by r33s2 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:32 am

I have had this same problem with Win7 64 bit with latest EG build and have found a workaround. I make all the blank Usb Uirt transmit macros I need and save them. Then go back into each to learn the code and save after each one succeeds. I manage to save 5 or 6 before it crashes.
If anyone has a permanent fix for this it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

imikanwar

Post by imikanwar » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:36 am

Did you ever find a solution to this?
faris

Javier
Experienced User

Post by Javier » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:08 pm

I noticed this problem years ago and it led me to find a program called Uirtj. I'm not sure where I got the program as it was many years ago but upon doing a google search I found it was available for download at http://sourceforge.net/projects/uirt-j/. I will also attach a copy of a zipped folder containing a copy of the program, I believe it is a simple java program that does not require installation onto your system and you only have to click the Executable_Jar_File to start the program . I always use Uirtj-bin when attempting to learn ir codes and then copy and paste them into eventghost so eventghost will not crash, Sometimes I have to restart my computer if uirtj is not working or starts to crash as it seems to have a similar issue as eventghost, so I believe this is a USB-Uirt driver problem and not an eventghost issue. When using Uirj at least I will not lose any of my eventghost setup if Uirtj crashes (as long as I save my eventghost file before I restart my computer).
Hope this helps,
Javier
Attachments
Uirtj (USB Uirt Java Program.zip
USB-UIRTJ
(117.1 KiB) Downloaded 328 times

paseant

Post by paseant » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:58 pm

This worked for me:
Download the LrnHelper app (http://www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_5.zip). The LrnHelper app has been designed so that it can be used *while* another program is also using the USB-UIRT... ...With LrnHelper open, you can start the LEARN process in Eventghost. You should see the LrnHelper app automatically switch to LEARN mode as well. Using the LrnHelper app, you can now use the 'Accept Busrt' button to finish the learning process for Eventghost.

Seen in:
http://65.36.202.170/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... ed37874bcb