issue with mouse movement and clicking

Found a bug in EventGhost? Report it here.

issue with mouse movement and clicking

Postby dmehling » Tue May 07, 2013 10:22 pm

I have a weird issue with EG regarding moving the mouse cursor and clicking. If my macro moves the mouse to specified coordinates and then clicks, it works as expected. However, if the macro tells the cursor to click and then move to a location, the click command does not occur. It's as if the first command is not there but the second one is. However the click action is in the event log as if it really happened, but nothing did actually. Is there a fix for this problem?
dmehling

Re: issue with mouse movement and clicking

Postby j.dechlan@gmail.com » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:17 pm

i have the same issue.. has no one replied
j.dechlan@gmail.com

Re: issue with mouse movement and clicking

Postby kgschlosser » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:29 am

you have to add a wait in between the different mouse commands. a wait of like 0.01. what is happening is EG is telling to mouse to do something. then before it gets a chance to do it EG tells it to do something else. which negates the last command. so by adding the wait it gives windows a chance to act out the mouse command.

All EventGhost does is pass the command to the windows Mouse API and windows takes over from there. So however long windows takes to enact the command is nothing we can "fix" but the wait is a very nice band-aid.

you may have to tinker with the time on the wait to get it to work perfect. every computer is a little bit different
Brain Test:
How much dirt is in a hole 2' X 2' X 2' ???
-----------------------------------------------------
Your in a house with an all southern view. You look out a window and see a bear....
What color is it? And why?
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports