Clipboard issue with terminal server

Found a bug in EventGhost? Report it here.

Clipboard issue with terminal server

Postby eatmeimadanish » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:41 pm

ISSUE: Using Eventghost in a terminal server has a bug with the clipboard. When remoting into the terminal server instance that EG is running, the System.ClipboardChanged event fires repeatedly ad nauseum until something is added to the clipboard (copy some text from notepad). I removed the event so it didn't lock up the gui from the EG code, but I am not sure what to change to stop it looking for this event completely.

PROBLEM: It runs EG hot (consuming an entire CPU) which means other processes slow down. Also if I don't change the base code, the GUI is rendered useless due to the event firing so fast.

Can we move this code into a plugin, so if we don't want to monitor the clipboard we don't have to?
eatmeimadanish
Experienced User

Re: Clipboard issue with terminal server

Postby builderjer » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:53 pm

I am having the same issue, but I am accessing EG from a remote desktop. I don't know if logging in remotely is the problem, but I would sure like to find a way around that. Logging in remotely is the only way that I can access my HTPC.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated!!
builderjer

Postby georgemaster » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:49 am

To Solve this issue, which is still there with program version 0.4.1.r1700:

edit C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\MainFrame/__init__.py

Place # at the beginning of the line

# eg.Bind("ClipboardChange", self.OnClipboardChange)

# eg.Unbind("ClipboardChange", self.OnClipboardChange)

# @eg.LogIt
# def OnClipboardChange(self, dummyValue):
georgemaster

Postby georgemaster » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:01 pm

Sorry to say that my suggested editing of C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\MainFrame/__init__.py
is not the solution. The problem is still there.
I encounter this problem only with RDP on windows 2003 server.
georgemaster

Postby Snowbird » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:48 am

Hello,

does anyone have found a workaround for this issue ? I have the same problem and the only way to fix it is to restart Eventghost, not very handy !
Snowbird
Experienced User

Postby kgschlosser » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:42 pm

I will take a look see into disabling the clipboard monitor. But what I really want to know is the cause of the problem. It sounds like it is system specific and that something keeps on altering the clipboard data. If a little information can be provided.

Is windows RDP being used?
Is Hyper-V being used?

If using Windows RDP what version of the protocol is being used?

In the RDP client software is the clipboard data option checked or unchecked?

If using Windows Server are GPO's being used.

What are the GPO settings for the Server and the Client? You do not have to be running server I need the hosting end and the client end GPOs as well as RDP versions on both. The client software RDP version can be different from the RDP version that is being used to host the desktop

Are you opening a console session?

Just for a little information Microsoft Remote Desktop is
Terminal Services and also you logging into the computer when sitting at it is actually a local RDP session. Only if you turn off fast user switching or specifically tell windows to log into a console session will you actually log into a non terminal based session.

So need to know if event ghost also has clipboard problems if logged in "locally" or at the computer
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports