SpinIntCtrl Bug

Found a bug in EventGhost? Report it here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

SpinIntCtrl Bug

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:49 am

well i don't know if this should be filed under the bug section or the feature requests option,

but honestly i think the bug is more suitable.

passing a widget name to SpinIntCtrl didn't work.

after looking at the file it passes off the information to SpinNumCtrl. and SpinNumCtrl has been coded with the ability to pass the name parameter to the wx widget, but the SpinIntCtrl was not set up to pass the parameter to the SpinNumCtrl.

so i fixed this problem, i honestly think plugging that in had been forgotten.

so i went ahead and did it.

the file is attached.

put it into C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes

if that is where your install of EG is located

having the name feature is a good way to identify an event that happens from a widget.

if you have multiple widgets calling the same event function.

example. storing multimonitor information. i am using the name parameter to pass the monitor number as a string to the function.

and in the function i am able to convert it to int and use it as an index for a variable.

cutting down on an enormous amount of code.

K
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Re: SpinIntCtrl Bug

Post by krambriw » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:11 am

Dear kgschlosser,

I have seen & noticed that you seem to be rather well oriented in Python. This is good for the community and for EG. You have also made several modifications to the core elements of EG itself, this one as last example. In general, I think it is good if we can improve the core but I do believe we need to organize it better somehow. Instead of scattering various contributions randomly in different threads and topics, I think you should post them "as proposals for change" to this forum section:
http://eventghost.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

As you know, our key-contributor and maintainer of EG is Pako. I would like to have good suggestions added to the core but NOT BEFORE they have been reviewed and granted by Pako.

Appreciate your effort,
Kind regards, Walter

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:21 pm

kewl, don't know how to move a thread but at the very least i can copy and paste the thing

thank you for noticing, I have really just started programming, maybe a year now, started with c#, and c++

been tinkering with python for about 6 months, maybe a little more.

kinda sucks being 40 and finding the thing you were probably meant to do 1/2 way through your life.

i really do enjoy programming.

what i enjoy the most is going back through something i coded couple of months earlier and being like "what the hell was i thinking. and chopping out a whole mess of code and cleaning it up

K

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:25 pm

krambriw wrote:
As you know, our key-contributor and maintainer of EG is Pako. I would like to have good suggestions added to the core but NOT BEFORE they have been reviewed and granted by Pako.

i agree with you 100%

but i do have to be come more familiar with the github i can see that being a very useful tool for both me and EG. there i can make a fork and see if it gets added, i think that would probably be a better way than even posting something in the forum. there should be a topic on here for already coded modifications to EG and that's where the file can be added so that way if someone likes or needs the modification they can install it them selves if it has not been added to EG

K

Pako
Plugin Developer

Post by Pako » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:30 am

I see no problem in that. We can use it in the next version 4.X.X, if any, will be.
It is possible that the next version will 5.X.X. It is under the leadership of blackwind.

Pako

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:31 am

Any spoilers as what to expect in 5.0??

Pako
Plugin Developer

Post by Pako » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:21 am

You can watch (or join) https://github.com/EventGhost/EventGhost