Windows 10 issues (fixed)

Found a bug in EventGhost? Report it here.

Windows 10 issues (fixed)

Postby blaher » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:11 am

Since moving to Windows 10, I've noticed that keyboard emulation and the Move Window, Resize Window actions don't seem to work any more. I'm using EventGhost 0.4.1.r1722.

Is it just me, or is it because Windows 10 is relatively new?

Thanks.
Last edited by blaher on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
blaher
Experienced User

Re: Windows 10 issues

Postby kgschlosser » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:52 am

windows 10 has caused numerous errors and I have been trying to sort out some of the issues. I think it would be great if one of the forum moderators would make a sticky for windows 10 problems. because they are kind of getting posted all over the place. that way they can be worked through one at a time without forgetting anyone.

and possibly a list at the beginning of that thread with a current list of known problems and if a fix has been found.
A loved one and Time, The 2 things that can never be replaced.

Family, The only thing you don't get to choose in life.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby blackwind » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:42 am

Sounds like you're trying to operate on elevated windows from an unelevated EventGhost. Run EventGhost as Administrator or disable UAC. There's nothing we can do on our end.
/bw
blackwind
Experienced User

Postby blaher » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:38 am

blackwind wrote:Sounds like you're trying to operate on elevated windows from an unelevated EventGhost. Run EventGhost as Administrator or disable UAC. There's nothing we can do on our end.

Thank you! That did the trick. I did have UAC disabled, but I was not running EventGhost as Admin, even though I am.

Also you have to click on the right part of the 'find window' in some applications, eg. Windows 10 Photos, or the move/resize bit won't work, or it will, but the keyboard emulation won't.

Cheers.
blaher
Experienced User

Re: Windows 10 issues (fixed)

Postby blackwind » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:28 am

It should also work if you disable UAC completely. Most people who think they've disabled UAC only have UAC notifications disabled. Unless you've set `EnableLUA` to 0, UAC is still active -- it's just not bothering you anymore.
/bw
blackwind
Experienced User

Re: Windows 10 issues (fixed)

Postby blaher » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:22 am

blackwind wrote:It should also work if you disable UAC completely. Most people who think they've disabled UAC only have UAC notifications disabled. Unless you've set `EnableLUA` to 0, UAC is still active -- it's just not bothering you anymore.

Thanks again, this allows EventGhost to load on startup, when running as admin too. Before doing that, I had to use task scheduler to run a batch file on logon, which loaded EventGhost.

Edit: using the registry hack breaks some windows apps like photos, calculator, so the batch file method is a work around; here's mine, in case it helps others:

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\EventGhost.exe" -file "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\yourEGconfignameHERE.xml" -hide
exit
blaher
Experienced User

Return to Bug Reports