(FIXED) SYSTEM error with 0.50 beta versions

Found a bug in EventGhost? Report it here.
stisev
Experienced User

(FIXED) SYSTEM error with 0.50 beta versions

Post by stisev » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:37 am

EventGhost 0.4.1.r1722 does not show these error messages.

Code: Select all

---> Welcome to EventGhost <---
Traceback (most recent call last) (0.5.0-beta4):
  File "D:\Applications\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ActionThread.py", line 80, in StartSession
    pluginInfo.instance.__start__()
  File "D:\Applications\EventGhost\plugins\System\__init__.py", line 229, in __start__
    import VistaVolEvents as vistaVolumeDll
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
Autostart
   Plugin: Zoom Player
   Plugin: System Tray Menu
   Plugin: Winamp
   Plugin: X10: SnapStream FireFly
   Plugin: Task Monitor
   Plugin: Sound Mixer Ex
   Plugin: Multitap
   Plugin: Keyboard
Main.OnInit
   Startup Defaults for HTPC HDMI setup
      setdefaultsounddevice SPDIF Interface
         Plugin "System" is not activated
   Close MSI Afterburner after 3 seconds
      Wait: 1.5 sec(s)
      Find Window: MSIAfterburner.exe
   Enable/Disable X10 Driver
      Run Application: devcon64.exe
      Run Application: devcon64.exe
      Show OSD: X10 Reset!
   Enable NIGHTCRAWLER
      Enable: NIGHTCRAWLER

I tried the solution that was posted by kkl here: http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtop ... f=4&t=5665

but it didn't work :(. To note, I already had the file mentioned and my problem relates to Nircmd as well. Nircmd is a crucial app as it controls the control panel/sound/sources (headphones <> speakers <> bedroom headphones).

Again, this does not happen in r1722. Any ideas?
Last edited by stisev on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

stisev
Experienced User

Re: SYSTEM error with 0.50 beta versions

Post by stisev » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:43 am

UPDATE: OK, so I downloaded the installer again and used a clean copy of Eventghost Beta, and copied over my settings and found the problem is not happening anymore. I am at a loss as to why copying over the beta files into the existing folder is causing this issue.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:23 am

stisev wrote:UPDATE: OK, so I downloaded the installer again and used a clean copy of Eventghost Beta, and copied over my settings and found the problem is not happening anymore. I am at a loss as to why copying over the beta files into the existing folder is causing this issue.

There are several folders to EG. and the programfiles folder is just one of them.

it could be something different in the config.py file. or even in the xml file. when doing the install it makes any changes to these files to "update" them to conform to the newer version. so if you simply copy and paste the core files these changes are not made. There are also entries put into the registry that will not be correct.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

stisev
Experienced User

Post by stisev » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:29 am

kgschlosser wrote:
stisev wrote:UPDATE: OK, so I downloaded the installer again and used a clean copy of Eventghost Beta, and copied over my settings and found the problem is not happening anymore. I am at a loss as to why copying over the beta files into the existing folder is causing this issue.

There are several folders to EG. and the programfiles folder is just one of them.

it could be something different in the config.py file. or even in the xml file. when doing the install it makes any changes to these files to "update" them to conform to the newer version. so if you simply copy and paste the core files these changes are not made. There are also entries put into the registry that will not be correct.
I use the portable version using the command line:
D:\Applications\EventGhost\EventGhost.exe -h -configdir D:\Applications\EventGhost\Settings\

All of my settings should be compartmentalized into one location (Settings). I certainly hope there's very very few/no registry settings.

At any rate, I think it's working fine now. If I have trouble i'll come back and post. I really, really adore EventGhost!