Ad blocker detected:
Our software and support is 100% free. This website is not.
You can donate in 2 ways, by turning off your ad blocker or by pressing the Donate button.
************ NOTICE ************
UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS!!!
We have an issue that there is no way around as of yet.
I have done all I can to try and prevent this from happening.
We are going to be losing the .com, .org and .de domains.
We have not been able to contact the original author of EventGhost
(the person that owns those domains) to redirect them to the new web server.
I set in motion when we first moved a redirection from the old server to the new server.
I also put in markers so that search engines would see this change and update any pointers
they have. We still have the .net domain for the production site. and the .rocks for the test site.
For the past few months you have been getting redirected to the .net site if you used one of the 3
domains mentioned above. I just wanted to tell everyone so they can make any changes needed.
We seem to be having an issue with Microsoft and their Windows 10 updates. It is causing problems with plugins that alter the registry. It is undoing what the plugin has done to make the plugin work properly.
I would like some suggestions as to a way to handle this issue. I can code into the core a method into the PluginBase class that would get called before the plugins __start__ gets called if the version of windows has changed. This would make it easier for you developers implement whatever mechanism to fix whatever is it that Microsoft broke. This way the user would be able to continue running EventGhost without the need to delete all the actions then remove the plugin from the tree. save and close EG and reinstall the plugin. and have to remake all of the actions. This could be a complete nightmare if the plugin has a slew of actions all nested about in their tree.
I know we can go and look at the code and extract the keys. and write a .reg file and upload it and tell them to run it. But I feel a more streamlined approach would be a far better solution.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to