Notification Icon with 4 LEDS

Got a good idea? You can suggest new features here.

Re: Notification Icon with 4 LEDS

Postby kgschlosser » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:36 pm

I will be home in about 3 hours. If you are available then that would be great. Maybe to approve the icon images and some dialog ideas. I'll do the code you can come up with the design aspects. Even if just drawn out snap a photo with your phone.
A loved one and Time, The 2 things that can never be replaced.

Family, The only thing you don't get to choose in life.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby Snowbird » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 am

Hello there :)

just checking if there is any progress so far ? if you need me to test or do anything just let me know.

thanks.
Snowbird

Postby Snowbird » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:52 am

Hi,

just wondering if you have been working on this project ? I know you've been busy with many other projects lately, I read some of your posts on other topics :) it's nice to see your involvement in EG !! keep up the good work ;)

Thanks.
Snowbird

Postby kgschlosser » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:08 pm

I am working on it. there are things in which i didn't know how to do exactly or the best possible way. and some of the other projects i ended up doing have helped me formulate a way to go about getting this done.

but how about this instead of a task bar icons. a bar that will appear at some location of the screen that you choose. displaying the message that was generated in the log from the plugin or action of you choosing..

i have just finished up coding the means to have have the plugin grab all of the installed plugins names and all of the action names the plugin has to display. that was a hard piece of code to write i had to figure out how to go about doing it in a manner in which didn't upset EG.

now i know i could have just let the user enter the name but it would have had to have been in a coding style and not a uiser friendly name. so the user would have to know this or find it.. which is not the best way... the drop down lists would be better.

it will display an icon for the specific action or error if there is one.

I also had to learn how to "intercept" log entries and check them there is still one thing i have to see how it works otherwise i will have to do python stack traces on each and every single log entry... and that is not really the ay i want to go about doing it due to a speed impact. but when a message is made the calling function is passed along with the message to the bit of code that writes the message. i just have to figure out how that gets set and if it gets set for everything that is posted. and also making things work with 2 different versions of EG is a pain in the backside as well..

i thought maybe the infobar would be a better idea. that way it's not just a color but it's the actual message.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby kgschlosser » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:08 pm

i will get an example to show ya of what i am talking about today so you can see it.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Postby Snowbird » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Hi,

Well thanks for your feedback and your time on this.

The goal was to have something very small and discrete, hence the icon. We already have the OSD plugin that can do similar task as your suggesting, I guess. The other advantage to have it in the taskbar is that we have the "info" visible all the time, no other window will hide or bother the "LED icon".

I don't know what to say, I don't want to impose anything. :)

Thank you
Snowbird

Postby kgschlosser » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:54 am

no no that's fine. let me show you what i am talking about i was going to couple the 2 together being that they would share the same means of identification. I am learning how to attach to things like events. but also to an action. I would really love to make this thing a drag and drop from the log so i have to look at how EG currently does that.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Feature Requests