Screen Shots

Got a good idea? You can suggest new features here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Screen Shots

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:04 pm

I figured this would be the best place to post these. but here are some screen shots of a modified EG I have been working on.

let me know what you think and any ideas.
neweg1.jpg
neweg2.jpg
neweg3.jpg
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Screen Shots

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:35 am

OK so here is some more eye candy. it's getting better. I now have the ability to change out icon packs on the fly. update the Icon sizes and zoom in and out on the fly. it's got some bugs i am working through them as we speak. Oh and the icons are not limited to 16x16 and they also properly resize them and crop out any excess alpha background. and it does overlays onto a "blank" icon for icons included in plugins. so with these screen shots it will take the plugin icon and format it properly and overlay it onto a blank orb. during this process i also added the ability to pass a PIL Image, a wx.Bitmap, a wx.Image, the already done base 64 encoded string and also added putting in a png filename, or a .ico filename, and also just a directory name into the eg.register plugin. and the whole system auto scenes what type it is. if a directory is put in it will default to looking for a filename of plugin.png or plugin.ico in that folder. this is because i have added the ability to have separate action icons that can be loaded from this directory they have to have the same name as the actionclass. and with the action icons it will put the icon overlayed onto a "blank" and then add the plugin icon that has also been overlayed onto the blank and it will resize the plugin icon smaller and plop it in the lower left. and the lower right is reserved for the disabled X to be overlayed.

i also added open and closed icons for the folders and macros in the tree. this IconHandler i made is portable in such a way that it can be used for config dialogs for plugins. you just have to specify to it what you want to name it, the size for the icons and away you go. and it stores that info so that the next time EG loads it will automatically make the IconHandler at startup and set the icon size to whatever was the last size stord. this is nice for saving the sizing if your plugin has a dialog that allows for increasing or decreasing the sizes. and it automatically creates a notification handler with the provided name and a '.SetSize' so if someone clicked a zoom button in a dialog all that would have to be done is eg.Notify((NAMEPROVIDED.SetSize, NEWSIZETUPLE) and it will work the magic on the icons and the cache so on the dialog end a refresh does the trick.

i also have it make a wx.ImageIndex so all that has to be done is eg.IconHandler.ProvidedName.IconName.index and pow the image is added to the index and the index number is returned.

this is all attribute based that way the handler caches the image so it doesn't have to reload it so if someone is in and out of a dialog that has lots of "bling" it may take a sec the first time loading. but after that the images are cached so repeated in and out doesn't cause the reloading and re sizing of the icons.

and the overlaying works as follows.

eg.IconHandler.ProvidedName.SomeIcon.SomeIconOverlay

that creates the icon. and adding a .bitmap returns a wx.Bitmap or adding a .pil returns a PIL.Image .image is a wx.Image through the eg.IconHandler you can access the stored core icons easily as well. .Tree returns the core icons set for the tree size .EventLog, .EditToolBar, so on and so forth. as of this moment the icons for plugins are stored by using the data that was passed as the key. this i am going to change that way they have friendly names

but here are the photos
neweg4.jpg
newegtree.jpg
newesteg.jpg

eirik226
Experienced User

Post by eirik226 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:04 pm

Looks very interesting - got the same feeling as I did when I saw Eventghost for the first time, looks very advanced but after a few hours you can't stop playing with it.

Is this the release you've been working with with the new python editor? I've been reading around and see you post a lot of stuff about something new you are working on. Can't wait to test if you release it! :)

keep up the good work.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:50 pm

this version has to many bugs and glitches as of yet but you can build a copy of what i have been working on from sourcecode on github

https://github.com/kdschlosser/EventGhost

if you do not know how to build eg from source let me know in a pm i can get ya going if you are interested. I have never personally used it but there is a virtual env builder already included in the EG source. or you can download python and the different packages if you want.

the script editor i will begin work on integrating into the new UI, because of how EG handles dialogs they won't integrate the way i want. so i am going to have to build a second set config dialogs. the old ones work but they won't integrate with the UI they come up as the usual separate window. and I want to have them dock. but at the moment i am dealing with a couple of the menu buttons not working and i am not sure why as of yet. and the fact i am not getting an error makes it even more difficult to locate. and it's usually some dumb typo thats like trying to find a needle in a haystack.