Autoremote 16:59:34 Result from sending request: Your key is invalid. Please check your key and try again.

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Hax2021

Autoremote 16:59:34 Result from sending request: Your key is invalid. Please check your key and try again.

Post by Hax2021 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:07 pm

I am attempting to get Eventghost with Autostart up and running. However when I run the task "AutoRemote: Register EventGhost" action I get this error. "Result from sending request: Your key is invalid. Please check your key and try again." I have tried using the full URL provided in the app and I have tried just using the key at the end of the URL with no luck.

I googled the error and found, mostly in an older post, that the things I tried should have fixed it.

Also, I see a few times where people said that they were using the wrong key but I have no idea where to find another key.

Telorast

Re: Autoremote 16:59:34 Result from sending request: Your key is invalid. Please check your key and try again.

Post by Telorast » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:33 am

It's a problem with the new url format for keys not matching the original pattern matching used in the plugin. I have been able to sidestep the issue by registering EventGhost in Autoremote (send my device). It's easy since I can import the EventGhost device from my old phone, not sure how easy it is if you don't have any previous registrations.