Chrome Browser Events

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
simonmason

Re: Chrome Browser Events

Post by simonmason » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:44 pm

Hi, it appears that the chrome plugin prevents the browser running in kiosk mode when using the "-- kiosk" command? Is there any way around this? Thanks.

Medy
Experienced User

Post by Medy » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:45 am

You can read about how to use Eventghost on the offical documentaion :
http://www.eventghost.net/docs/short_ma ... ng-plugins

Basicly there are 3 Steps :
1. You add the plugin
2. You create a Makro
2.1 You add the plugin action from "Chrome Browser Events" to the makro ( for example reload tab )
3. You Trigger that Makro with an event

You basicly drag and drop events that eventghost picks up into the macro ... (Events are those yellow thunder / lightning symbol )

if you added the plugin "keyboard" you can drag and drop the keyboard events into the makro and trigger your makro with a hotkey ( for example ctrl + r)

Idk anything about kiosk mode .. the plugin is only accessing tab info ... so idont see how it should interfere with anything.

Greetings

simonmason

Post by simonmason » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:52 pm

I did some testing. The chrome extension does prevent Chrome from running in kiosk mode. Not sure what is going on there but it starts running fine in kiosk mode when I remove the plugin. I will do some more research to see why this might be happening, but unfortunately that won't work for me. Thanks.

Yuriy

Post by Yuriy » Tue May 17, 2022 2:30 am

Thank you so much for your efforts.
Your plugin helps me to realize my plans.

But after switching from the EventGhost_0.4.1.r1722 version to EventGhost_0.5.0-rc6, your plugin constantly throws an error and skips the necessary events.
What should I do?

Yuriy
GoogleChrome - Errors.jpg