Pulse-Eight CEC +

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Pulse-Eight CEC +

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:13 am

Pulse-Eight CEC +
WARNING: NOT compatible with previous versions

version: 0.1.0b

I have changed the name, version and the GUID of this plugin. any release of this plugin gotten from any other thread is not compatible and will have to be removed.

This plugin has not been updated in any manner other then what is described above. I need to consolidate all support requests for the CEC plugin to a single location. There is information that has been spread out across a couple of forum topids. and fixes in one place being referenced in another is starting to get confusing. So from this point forward any inqueries about the Pulse-Eight plugin or this one or anything CEC for that matter please post it in here.

I have been in conversation with the person that maintains the code for libCEC. Once I finish up bug testing this plugin and make sure the functionality is proper It should be added into the next release of the libCEC software. I have already submitted the code to build a proper installation package for the plugin and the code to launch the installation the plugin. Soon it will be a Single package that will have all that is required to get the plugin going properly. But until then follow the instructions below.

If you have any issues with the libCEC driver package please report them to me and I will get them where they need to go. the attached driver package from Pulse-Eight is not an official release. It was done specifically to get this plugin going again. So if you ask Pulse-Eight support they will have no means to help you for a version of the driver package that is not an "Official" release.

Installation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure your FIRMWARE is up to date.
Uninstall any CEC packages you have installed.
Delete the CEC plugin from your EventGhost tree (This is going to require you to remove all actions.)
Delete the plugin from the plugins folder located in your EventGhost installation directory.

Install the libCEC drivers package that is attached to this post. DO NOT INSTALL the EventGhost plugin.
Restart your computer.
Grab the plugin attached to this post. double click on it to install.

There seems to be an issue with the devices populating properly when you open an action to configure it. I have been told that if you close the dialog and then reopen it, it will populate properly.

Bug Reporting
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very important. because if I do not have the following information it is going to make it very difficult to track down an issue.
This is the single most important thing if you want to have a problem fixed in a fast manner. You have to be able to reproduce the error/bug on demand. I will need those exact steps.

If there is an error I am going to need a copy of the error.
If it is some kind of a GUI anomaly it would be helpful to have a screen shot.
If it is a behavior issue then i need to know what is supposed to happen and what is happening.

The more information you are able to provide the quicker i can come up with a solution.

Features

Coming Soon
Attachments
firmware-v7.zip
Pulse-Eight USB CEC Firmware Version 7 released 01/01/2017
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 150 times
PulseEightPlus-0.1.0b.egplugin
Pulse-Eight EventGhost Plugin
(251.37 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
libCEC-4.0.2.zip
Unofficial Pulse-Eight USB CEC Windows drivers. Version 4.0.2 released 7/20/2017
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 110 times
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

ego18

Re: Pulse-Eight CEC +

Post by ego18 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:56 pm

I read your post, reread the instructions twice and followed the instructions step by step.
1. Removed previous CEClib using uninstaller. Went into EG deleted the Pulse-Eight Plugin
2. Restarted PC
3. Ran the Upgrade firmware update (attached the pic of the cmd output)
4. Extracted and Installed "libCEC-4.0.2.zip" unclicked install EG plugin
5. Double clicked on "PulseEightPlus-0.1.0b.egplugin" and installed the plugin
6. Restarted the computer after install and ran EG. It loads with no errors.
Displays "Current configuration:
-Pulse-Eight CEC+
"
7. Clicked on the Configuration Tree ad Plugin
8. Pulse-Eight CEC+" Version 0.10b" is on the list
9. I clicked OK and it takes me back to the Configuration Tree and then EG freezes and stops responding. The only way to closed it is thru Task manager

I ran the installation using RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR tried it and it froze. Then i installed everything just clicking on the exe files and it still freezes. I tried running EG using RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR and it still freezes. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what the problem maybe.
Attachments
3-hangs-indefinately.png
2-addPlugin.png
1-Loads.png
Firmware-update.jpg

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:31 am

ok here is that I want you to do.

open a command prompt navigate to your EG installation folder. run eventghost with -debug as a command line parameter
get EG to freeze again. then kill the task with task manager.
open the file explorer. in the address bar type in %appdata%\eventghost

start a new forum post in this thread and then drag and drop the file log.txt into the post.

ego18

Post by ego18 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Ran eventghost.exe -debug on command prompt and here is the log file.

Debug Log
Log.txt
(5.55 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

15:37:19: 0 MainThread: ----------------------------------------
15:37:19: 0 MainThread: EventGhost started
15:37:19: 0 MainThread: ----------------------------------------
15:37:19: 0 MainThread: Version: 0.4.1.r1722
15:37:19: 0 MainThread: missing guid in plugin: C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\GameVoice
15:37:19: 0 MainThread: missing guid in plugin: C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\Ping
15:37:19: 0 MainThread: PluginManager.ScanAllPlugins :0.31658298088533177
15:37:19: 0 MainThread: SendKeysParser.__init__()
15:37:19: 0 MainMessageReceiver: MainMessageReceiver.__MainLoop()
15:37:19: 0 MainMessageReceiver: MainMessageReceiver.Setup()
15:37:19: 0 MainThread: Document.ShowFrame()
15:37:19: 0 MainThread: Log.GetData()
15:37:19: 0 MainThread: Document.ShowFrame => None
15:37:19: 0 ActionThread: ActionThread.__MainLoop()
15:37:20: 0 EventThread: EventThread.__MainLoop()
15:37:21: 0 EventThread: EventThread.StartSession(filename=u'C:\\Users\\VM\\Desktop\\1.xml')
15:37:21: 0 ActionThread: ActionThread.StartSession(filename=u'C:\\Users\\VM\\Desktop\\1.xml')
15:37:21: 1 MainThread: OSDFrame.__init__(parent=None)
15:37:21: 0 ActionThread: Document.Load(filePath=u'C:\\Users\\VM\\Desktop\\1.xml')
15:37:21: 0 ActionThread: StartLoad(cls=<class 'eg.Classes.TreeLink.TreeLink'>)
15:37:21: 0 MouseThread: MouseThread.run()
15:37:21: 0 Thread-3: SessionChangeNotifier.Register()
15:37:21: 0 ActionThread: Document.SetExpandState(expanded=set([0, 1]))
15:37:21: 0 ActionThread: XML loaded in 0.076801 seconds.
15:37:21: 0 ActionThread: ActionThread.StartSession => None
15:37:28: 2 MainThread: GetModalResult(cls=<class 'eg.Classes.AddPluginDialog.AddPluginDialog'>)
15:37:28: 3 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.Configure(parent=<eg.Classes.MainFrame.MainFrame; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'wxFrame *' at 0x5a49ff8> >)
15:37:28: 3 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.__init__(style=536877120)
15:37:28: 3 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.__init__ => None
15:37:28: 3 MainThread: missing guid in plugin: C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\GameVoice
15:37:28: 3 MainThread: missing guid in plugin: C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\Ping
15:37:28: 3 MainThread: PluginManager.ScanAllPlugins :0.17687794485609132
15:37:28: 3 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.Affirmed()
15:37:37: 2 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.OnOK(event=<wx.CommandEvent>)
15:37:37: 2 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.DispatchEvent(event=<wx.CommandEvent>, eventId=5100)
15:37:37: 3 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.Affirmed => 5100
15:37:37: 3 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.SetResult()
15:37:37: 3 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.SetResult => None
15:37:37: 3 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.Affirmed()
15:37:37: 3 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.Affirmed => False
15:37:37: 3 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.Configure => None
15:37:37: 2 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.DispatchEvent => None
15:37:37: 2 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.OnOK => None
15:37:37: 2 MainThread: AddPluginDialog.Destroy()
15:37:37: 2 MainThread: GetModalResult => (<eg.Classes.PluginModuleInfo.PluginModuleInfo object at 0x05A10DF0>,)
15:37:37: 2 MainThread: NewPlugin.Do(pluginInfo=<eg.Classes.PluginModuleInfo.PluginModuleInfo object at 0x05A10DF0>)
Traceback (most recent call last) (1722):
File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\PulseEightPlus\__init__.py", line 79, in <module>
from cec_classes import UserControlCodes, CECAdapter, AdapterError # NOQA
File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\PulseEightPlus\cec_classes.py", line 53, in <module>
from . import cec
File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\PulseEightPlus\cec\__init__.py", line 35, in <module>
_cec = swig_import_helper()
File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\PulseEightPlus\cec\__init__.py", line 27, in swig_import_helper
import _cec
ImportError: No module named _cec
Traceback (most recent call last) (1722):
File "EventGhost.pyw", line 52, in <module>
eg.Main()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\__init__.py", line 80, in Main
eg.Tasklet(eg.app.MainLoop)().run()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\MainFrame\__init__.py", line 894, in OnCmdAddPlugin
self.document.CmdAddPlugin()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Utils.py", line 159, in AssertWrapper
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\Document.py", line 453, in CmdAddPlugin
eg.UndoHandler.NewPlugin(self).Do(result[0])
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Utils.py", line 159, in AssertWrapper
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Utils.py", line 129, in LogItWithReturnWrapper
result = func(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\UndoHandler\NewPlugin.py", line 35, in Do
file=pluginInfo.pluginName
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ThreadWorker.py", line 62, in __call__
self.returnValue = self.func(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Utils.py", line 171, in AssertWrapper
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\TreeItem.py", line 64, in Create
self = cls(parent, node)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Utils.py", line 171, in AssertWrapper
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\PluginItem.py", line 62, in __init__
self,
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\PluginManager.py", line 138, in OpenPlugin
info = clsInfo.CreateInstance(args, evalName, treeItem)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'CreateInstance'

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:08 pm

See if this solution fixes your problem. I believe i may have given bad install instructions. what you are going to need to do is reinstall the CEC drivers. but click on yes to install the EventGhost plugin. once that has been done then install the plugin i made. and see if it works.

ego18

Post by ego18 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:38 pm

I tried your solution using the libCEC-4.0.2.zip (Unofficial Pulse-Eight USB CEC Windows drivers. Version 4.0.2 released 7/20/2017) provided on your post above
b01.png
Installed driver and plugin from that .exe file
Then installed PulseEightPlus-0.1.0b.egplugin

I Ran EG and it gave me a list of errors in red on the EG GUI log.

(WORKING SOLUTION) So I ran a libCEC-4.0.2.exe that I had downloaded from http://libcec.pulse-eight.com/Downloads on 01-06-2018 and installed the drivers and plugin, then I installed your plugin PulseEightPlus-0.1.0b.egplugin and that WORKED! I have know idea why or how but it worked.

Then I tried reinstalling libCEC-4.0.2.zip (Unofficial Pulse-Eight USB CEC Windows drivers. Version 4.0.2 released 7/20/2017) and it again gave me list of errors on the EG GUI log

So I tried my steps in the working solution mentioned above again and it worked again. Here is a screenshot of the working plugin
I have included the liCEC-4.0.2 file that worked for me below in the attachments.
w1.png
Attachments
libCEC-4.0.2.zip
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 39 times

ego18

Post by ego18 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 pm

It is working perfect under my Administrator user account. When I try to run it on a Standard account it does not work. Here are the screenshots, these are all from the same session, first I added Pulse-Eight CEC adapter and it found adapters and libCEC version 4.0.2 fine. After that I tried Pulse-Eight CEC+ and it gave me gives me CEC Error: No CEC adapters found.

Thanks again for your help and quick response.

Shows Pulse-Eight CEC+
Pulse-Eight CEC adapter
Standard user _0000.jpg
Standard user _0001.jpg
Standard user _0002.jpg
Standard user _0003.jpg
Standard user _0004.jpg
Pulse-Eight CEC adapter finds adapters and LibCEC versions 4.0.2
Standard user _0005.jpg
Standard user _0006.jpg
Standard user _0007.jpg
Pulse-Eight CEC+ gives me CEC Error: No CEC adapters found
Standard user _0008.jpg
Standard user _0009.jpg

ego18

Post by ego18 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:09 pm

I ran it Under Standard user using eventghost.exe -debug on command prompt and have attached the log. Hopefully there is an easy solution to be able to run it under Standard user. Thanks.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:39 pm

OK I want to make sure you are fully aware os something first. only a single program (or plugin) can be attached to an adapter at any given time. It may list in the available devices section but when it tries to connect if another program/plugin is attached to it then it will fail and you will get the error message you see above.

Try running EG as a standard user with all CEC programs detached and closed. make sure you only have the CEC+ plugin installed. if you have the other installed. removed it and then restart EG before adding the CEC+ plugin. let me know if that works.

as far as the installer let me mess around with it for a bit and see if i can't make any headway with it.
I have changed a few things about to split off into a newer version and this may be causing some issues. There are a couple of hurdles i am trying to overcome with the libCEC package and plugin. and I may have to make some changes to the core of EG to make it all work properly. when you install libCEC and the plugin the plugin and necessary files get built when the installer is running. then it installs it into EG. the problem with this is trying to make an EG plugin installer. what happens is when you run the EG plugin installer it deletes the entire directory for the plugin being upgraded. including any files that were built during the libCEC install. I tried including those files into the EG plugin installer. but this did not work out properly. I am going to have to devise a method of being able to specify an upgrade so it will not delete any preexisting files.

ego18

Post by ego18 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:10 pm

Thank you I will try your steps and I'm crossing my fingers that that will do the trick. Thanks again for your time and continued work on the plugin, it has been very helpful, without your help I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:57 am

I will get it dialed in. You will have to be patient tho. I do have my hands full. I do my best to get to everyone. This plugin has been kicking around for a while not being 100% done so it's about time for me to finish it up.

arabesc

Post by arabesc » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:24 pm

Toggle mute, Volume up, Volume down actions are not working for me. There are no any error messages.
I've tried to replace Toggle mute action with Send "Mute" remote key and there is an error message:

Code: Select all

HID.Button.4
   Toggle Mute
      Pulse-Eight CEC+: Send "Mute" Remote Key to TV: Adapter: Pioneer on COM3
         C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\PulseEightPlus\__init__.py:736: RuntimeWarning: Parent module 'eg.UserPluginModule.PulseEightPlus' not found while handling absolute import
           import time

ego18

Post by ego18 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:23 am

kgschlosser wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:39 pm
OK I want to make sure you are fully aware os something first. only a single program (or plugin) can be attached to an adapter at any given time. It may list in the available devices section but when it tries to connect if another program/plugin is attached to it then it will fail and you will get the error message you see above.
Yes I assumed and now am aware about that. The reason I installed Pulse-Eight CEC adapter plugin Version: 0.3 was to show it loaded with no error under the Standard account and that it loaded the libCEC properly.

kgschlosser wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:39 pm
Try running EG as a standard user with all CEC programs detached and closed. make sure you only have the CEC+ plugin installed. if you have the other installed. removed it and then restart EG before adding the CEC+ plugin. let me know if that works.
I tried this suggestion and it yielded the same issue as before. So I deleted the Standard User 1 account and created a fresh new user account Standard user 2 account to eliminate any doubt that it was anything I had previously done. I made sure this time of only installing Pulse-Eight CEC + plugin and it gave me the same result.

My next step was to compare I checked the Administrator user APPDATA ROAMING EG config.py and I compared it to Standard user 2 APPDATA ROAMING EG config.py and there were various differences. I know this isn't the proper solution but I took Administrator user APPDATA ROAMING EG config.py and pasted it into EG Standard user 2 APPDATA ROAMING EG config.py and ran EG and was able to Run Pulse-Eight CEC + plugin successfully. It turned the TV On and Off with no errors. I kept a coppy of both config.py files incase they may help in any way. For the time being I am still running it only under Administrator user because I don't know if copying the config.py from the Administrator account to the Standard user will have any adverse/unwanted or conflicting effect. That's the progress I've made on that front.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:51 am

Do me a favor. zip up the administrator config.py and the standard user one (into the same zip is fine just rename the config files so i will know which is which) and PM them to me.

But if you try this as well. login as the standard user.
open EG.
click on file ->> new
then click on file ->> save as. and save the file. this made a blank EG tree file.

now close EG
move the config.py file to some other folder.
create a new text document in the same folder where the config.py was. rename this file to config.py (make sure you remove the .txt)

open EG
install the pulse eight plugin (make sure the new blank tree loaded)

It should work if you do this.

EG handles multiple users so they can have completely different settings. and this includes all settings. even the ones for plugins. so if you load a tree file that had a plugin added to it from some other user, and that plugin saves information to that config.py file that file was now written for that user. so if another goes to use the same tree file... low and behold there is no data in the config file for that user.

Never had this come up before. I am going to have to think of a way to handle this issue. I am not sure how to go about it without losing the core purpose if it... which is to have differing settings between users.

I do not remember what I saved into that file. I may have to write the information into the save file instead. or possibly have it write it's own config file.

ego18

Post by ego18 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:38 am

I was looking high and low to try to PM you, then I finally found somewhere to PM and it says the following "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature." Can you change this or who should I contact in reference to PM.