Pulse-Eight CEC +

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: Pulse-Eight CEC +

Post by ego18 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:29 pm

Thank you kgschlosser for the great and hard work you are doing. I just sent you a donation to show you my appreciation for the time and effort you have taken to help me out.

Kudos and great job.

Site Admin

Re: Pulse-Eight CEC +

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:49 pm

OK I wanted to give an update. I have fixed the devices not showing up the first time you edit an action's configuration.

I have found out that the Get Volume, Set Volume, Volume Up, Volume Down, Get Mote, Set Mute, and Toggle Mute and any volume/mute related actions will only work if you have an AVR attached and have set the AVR as the volume device in the plugin config. The remote codes appear to work But I am sill only able to send the power off command via the remote control. None of the others work for me. I am not sure if this is an issue or if this is what is supported by my TV and my projector. Unfortunately there is no documentation on what does and does not work for specific devices/models. Which really sucks. I do not own an AVR that supports CEC to be able to test that portion of it.

The random events for device power is something I do not know if I am going to be able to sort out. This is from the CEC adapter reporting incorrect information. or the order in which the information is being sent back gets out of alignment. I am going to have to ask the developer of the adapter software to see if there is a way to determine what the response from the adapter was for. everything else seems to work properly. Once i get an answer on the above issue from the pulse eight developer I will be able to repair that issue (hopefully) then i will release another version. I am also going to hammer out the installation process to see what is going on with that. this is going to be a tough nut to crack because of updating from the original plugin.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image