Pulse-Eight CEC +

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
ego18

Re: Pulse-Eight CEC +

Post by ego18 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:29 pm

Thank you kgschlosser for the great and hard work you are doing. I just sent you a donation to show you my appreciation for the time and effort you have taken to help me out.

Kudos and great job.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:49 pm

OK I wanted to give an update. I have fixed the devices not showing up the first time you edit an action's configuration.

I have found out that the Get Volume, Set Volume, Volume Up, Volume Down, Get Mote, Set Mute, and Toggle Mute and any volume/mute related actions will only work if you have an AVR attached and have set the AVR as the volume device in the plugin config. The remote codes appear to work But I am sill only able to send the power off command via the remote control. None of the others work for me. I am not sure if this is an issue or if this is what is supported by my TV and my projector. Unfortunately there is no documentation on what does and does not work for specific devices/models. Which really sucks. I do not own an AVR that supports CEC to be able to test that portion of it.

The random events for device power is something I do not know if I am going to be able to sort out. This is from the CEC adapter reporting incorrect information. or the order in which the information is being sent back gets out of alignment. I am going to have to ask the developer of the adapter software to see if there is a way to determine what the response from the adapter was for. everything else seems to work properly. Once i get an answer on the above issue from the pulse eight developer I will be able to repair that issue (hopefully) then i will release another version. I am also going to hammer out the installation process to see what is going on with that. this is going to be a tough nut to crack because of updating from the original plugin.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:51 pm

Alright, I tested this, and it appears to work really well. I like how you can configure each command to go to different devices also!! My big problem right now is that I have to use an AVR, and I have never been able to get the AVR to turn off the TV via HDMI CEC. So it looks like this can do everything except power on all of my devices at once.

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Is there a way to get this thing to read every device in the signal chain all the up to the TV. Kind of like getting it to Ping my TV? Maybe I need to add a comm port or something to get messages to the TV.

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:06 pm

The plugin itself looks like it works great but I don't think my AV gear has implemented CEC to its full potential. My Yamaha RXV isn't responding to all of the commands. Volume controls for example aren't working. Also I have to Power On/Standby all devices in order to get the AVR to power on/off. It also looks like it can get device power succesfully but It doesn't return any value for power in the log. I.E. EG logs the adapter getting power status without errors but doesn't return a message to me about what the power status is. For the record, when I have had CEC working on my TV before, it didn't work correctly for about a week, then suddenly it did. I have a Mitsubishi DLP TV.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:26 am

try using the cec tray that comes with the libcec drivers. you will have to have EG shutdown to use the cec tray.

test out the various things using that. if your device does not work with the controls in there then they will not work in EG either.

anything audio related with the lib cec plugin requires you to have an AV receiver attached and set up in the plugin to be used.

nYce

Post by nYce » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:49 am

Hmmm..

I can't get the plugin to work. It always gets me this error if i want to add the Plugin:
error.PNG
It seems like its similar to ego18s problems, but i cant get it to work no matter what versions of libcec or any eventghostplugins i use. I even tried to install the old libcec plugin and i cant get it to work anymore.

I had it running before i thought i could try an update.. -.-

Maybe i have to try the eventghost 0.4.1 version?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:13 am

there was an error in one of the beta builds of EG 0.5 This has been fixed. I am not sure which version of EG 0.5 you are using. But you can update to the latest build if you like by clicking on the build button at the top of this forum.

nYce

Post by nYce » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:50 am

kgschlosser wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:13 am
there was an error in one of the beta builds of EG 0.5 This has been fixed. I am not sure which version of EG 0.5 you are using. But you can update to the latest build if you like by clicking on the build button at the top of this forum.
I used the last RC5 version of the website. Now I installed the last build of your link (WIO-2018.03.02 - 11.16.00) And it worked well.

TY very much! It worked!!

Now i ran into another problem. It seems like the Plugin fires the events fine, but i dont have any devices in the action.
I guess its what you mean by this:
There seems to be an issue with the devices populating properly when you open an action to configure it. I have been told that if you close the dialog and then reopen it, it will populate properly.
I cant fix it by cancel the dialog and reopen it.
Do i have to configure it somehow?

Screenshot of the Problem:
error3.PNG
thank you for your fast help!

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:00 pm

OK the attached version of the plugin fixes the issue with the missing devices.

Now I do not remember what i was tinkering with and i do not have my CEC adapter connected at the moment to see if this is fully working or not. but you can give it a go and see if it works. if not paste the error into a post for me to look at and i will fix it.

New version (test version) is attached to this post.
Attachments
PulseEightPlus-0.1.1b.egplugin
(251.65 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

nYce

Post by nYce » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:37 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:00 pm
OK the attached version of the plugin fixes the issue with the missing devices.

Now I do not remember what i was tinkering with and i do not have my CEC adapter connected at the moment to see if this is fully working or not. but you can give it a go and see if it works. if not paste the error into a post for me to look at and i will fix it.

New version (test version) is attached to this post.
Alright. Deleted the old plugin and installed your 0.1.1b version

On initiate the plugin gives me the "CEC Error: no CEC adapters found". But on the konfiguration (doubleclick on "plugin: Pulse-Eight CEC+) of the plugin it finds my adapter.

If i try to add the "power on" action i get the following error:

01:32:24 Traceback (most recent call last) (WIP-2018.03.02-11.16.00):
01:32:24 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\TaskletDialog.py", line 162, in ProcessingTask
01:32:24 self.Configure(*args, **kwargs)
01:32:24 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ConfigDialog.py", line 106, in Configure
01:32:24 treeItem.Configure(*args)
01:32:24 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ActionItem.py", line 80, in Configure
01:32:24 return self.executable.Configure(*args)
01:32:24 File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\PulseEightPlus\__init__.py", line 464, in Configure
01:32:24 self._find_adapter(*adapter_ctrl.GetValue())
01:32:24 File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\PulseEightPlus\controls.py", line 215, in get_value
01:32:24 a_name, c_port = value.split(' : ')
01:32:24 ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack
error4.PNG
Also all Dropdown-boxes seem empty on every action, i cant create any actions.

nYce

Post by nYce » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Any News on this?
i got my second adapter now, but i cant use them with eventghost anymore.. :(

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:05 pm

I'm not trying to be snarky here but are you SURE you deleted the old plugin? Are you sure nothing else is trying to grab your adapter? I have the prior version working on my system but I can grab this newer one if it helps out. You cannot have two pieces of software grab the adapter at once. I see you have Kodi, and something for NVIDEA in your tree. Is there anything in these two programs that utilize CEC. I can upgrade mine and see if it throws errors if need be.

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:44 pm

I deleted the old plugin and installed the new one. I'm getting the same error but I noticed EG remembered my configuration, or more specifically what I named my connection. Is there some configuration file we might also have to delete in the libcec folder itself?

nYce

Post by nYce » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:37 am

jachin99 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:05 pm
I'm not trying to be snarky here but are you SURE you deleted the old plugin? Are you sure nothing else is trying to grab your adapter? I have the prior version working on my system but I can grab this newer one if it helps out. You cannot have two pieces of software grab the adapter at once. I see you have Kodi, and something for NVIDEA in your tree. Is there anything in these two programs that utilize CEC. I can upgrade mine and see if it throws errors if need be.
Hey,

i dont know what that "no adapter found" meant. I got that error just once, although im quite sure there was nothing else already on it (no kodi or that libcec tray program running. but that is also not the problem, since it wasnt there on another initialize.

My problem is the big error after. Where i cant add any actions from the plugin. (with the traceback on all the lines.)

I also deleted all files from the plugin before.. but i have the original 4.2 libcec installed.. maybe i have to deinstall that also and use the one from the first post?..
Well.. i can give it a try.. else i have to use a very old version of the original plugin i guess..

It seems like the version before at least doesnt throw any errors.. although i cant specifiy any devices (blank drop down boxes).. :/