X10:Remote Wonder isn't working in Windows 10

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
iamgregor

X10:Remote Wonder isn't working in Windows 10

Post by iamgregor » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:58 pm

I've been doing research and tried lots of things, but I can't get it to work for some reason! I have Eventghost and Kodi working perfectly on Windows 7 and 8.1, but on my Win 10 machine, the same setup doesn't work. I can see the ATI Remote Wonder Driver in the list of devices in the Device Manager (same install, same driver as on 8.1). I have EventGhost installed and running with the same settings as 8.1 (I saved them on 8.1 and loaded them in EG on Win 10). I even manually switched the generic X10 driver plugin in EG to Remote Wonder via the configuration options.

No matter what I've tried, I can't get any button presses to register. Normally when I press a button on a different system, the keys would show up on the left panel of EG making it clear it's seeing the activity. No dice on Win 10.

Any ideas? Am I missing some special configuration or option?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: X10:Remote Wonder isn't working in Windows 10

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:05 pm

I missed you posting this question. for this I am really really sorry.

But to answer your question.
You need to install the EventGhost X-10 Drivers. but you are going to need to disable the driver signing in windows 10. Even tho Windows 10 will not show an error. and it shows everything is operation as usual. it is not. There is more in detail on how to deal with this issue located HERE

the X-10 EventGhost drivers can be found x64 and x86

You can also try the stock drivers but you will still have to disable the driver signing. Unless a Driver is specifically made for Windows 10 it will not work unless you disable the driver signing. and the Remote Wonders hayday was quite some time ago. and i do not think that ATI is ever going to release a Windows 10 signed driver for it.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image