MCE plugin won't install after newest windows 10 feature update

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
someguy1

MCE plugin won't install after newest windows 10 feature update

Post by someguy1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:35 am

So I had the MCE vista plugin up and running until windows 10 feature update 1903 got installed. Every time windows installs a new feature update it will make the MCE plugin useless as it installs its own HID plugin for the remote. So every command fires twice. Thus every time this happens I just reinstalled the MCE plugin to make the AlternatemcelrService force out the windows HID plugin. But now even though the plugin installs the alternate service it won't install itself for some reason.

I tried just saving and restarting as soon as the service was installed (even though the install button of the plugin never gets enabled), and the MCE plugin shows up as installed after restart. But the remote still does double commands.

Any ideas?

someguy1

Re: MCE plugin won't install after newest windows 10 feature update

Post by someguy1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:58 am

Okay I got it working by doing what I said I did with the forced restart, and then restart the PC. But holy hell that it gotta be so complicated to install, I blame microsoft!

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: MCE plugin won't install after newest windows 10 feature update

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:16 pm

I am moving this post to the plugin support section. It does not belong in the eventghost news section
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image