Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
DarkCinema

Re: Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Post by DarkCinema » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:10 pm

I am getting a lot of "JSON unrecogniced event type:"error messages like:

Raw event: {u'params': {u'data': {u'muted': False, u'volume': 74}, u'sender': u'xbmc'}, u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'method': u'Application.OnVolumeChanged'}

After that I get the correct event: XBMC2.Application.OnVolumeChanged {u'muted': False, u'volume': 74}

Why is this and how can I get rid of these error messages?

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:54 pm

First off what version are you using?
DarkCinema wrote:Raw event: {u'params': {u'data': {u'muted': False, u'volume': 74}, u'sender': u'xbmc'}, u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'method': u'Application.OnVolumeChanged'}
You will get the unrecognized warning for any events I have not put in specific support for.
After that I get the correct event: XBMC2.Application.OnVolumeChanged {u'muted': False, u'volume': 74}
And you are getting the event, that's good just ugly in the log. :|
Why is this and how can I get rid of these error messages?
Best way is to report it here, and when I release another test(or a proper) version I will (hopefully :lol: ) have added support for the unrecognized events.

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image

DarkCinema

Post by DarkCinema » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks for the info. I am using version 0.6.11.

Samme

Post by Samme » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi everyone!

I've updated to the latest version of EventGhost and it broke the XBMC plugin.

It says:
Error starting plugin: XBMC2
Application is not running!
Ideas anyone? Worked like a charm before update!

Any help appreciated!

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Samme wrote:I've updated to the latest version of EventGhost and it broke the XBMC plugin.

Ideas anyone? Worked like a charm before update!
Did you use a "Test" version of the XBMC2 plugin before updating? I got the same error but when I replaced it with the test version it works again.

Unfortunately the version in EventGhost install is an older version that saves the settings differently and I'm guessing that's the problem. Unfortunately I'm not done with the new version, so after install of EventGhost the test version needs to be put back.

Edit: Samme, I see you posted a problem to this thread before here, but you never posted back if you ware able to resolve the problem. Unfortunately there has been to many times people post about a problem and I try to help, then I don't get any response back so I don't know if it helped or not. This has a "BIG" effect on my motivation to help and to work on this plugin (and other stuff I do too). So anybody please post a reply if my reply helped or not (This probably applies to other threads too).

jonib

Samme

Post by Samme » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:03 am

Sorry for not replying last time! You've truly made an excellent plugin!

I had forgotten that I was using the "test" version, but now it works again! Thanks a lot!

Also, I understand your point, it's probably in other threads as well, and I feel a bit guilty, I now that I sometimes isn't that good at replying, I'll bear that in mind from now on!

Have a great weekend and thanks again for help and making this plugin!

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:34 pm

Samme wrote:You've truly made an excellent plugin!
Thanks.
I had forgotten that I was using the "test" version, but now it works again! Thanks a lot!
Great.
Also, I understand your point, it's probably in other threads as well, and I feel a bit guilty, I now that I sometimes isn't that good at replying, I'll bear that in mind from now on!
Sorry for singling you out, you ware just a easy target. :twisted: Unfortunately it has happened too many times and it effects me negatively. So hopefully this rant will have a positive effect on me at least. :D I know I'm guilty of not replying sometimes also.
Have a great weekend and thanks again for help and making this plugin!
Thanks again.

jonib

kenrad

Post by kenrad » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:01 am

I am a new user of eventghost and my main purpose for it it to control XBMC, I am running Frodo 12.2 and I keep getting errors when I attempt to update the JSONRPC interface. I found some posts about updating to the latest test version of _int_py but I still get the errors

Error while loading plugin-file C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\XBCDRC.
Traceback (most recent call last) (1640):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\PluginModuleInfo.py", line 70, in __init__
__import__(moduleName, None, None, [''])
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\XBCDRC\__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
from xbmcclient import *
ImportError: No module named xbmcclient
Error while loading plugin-file C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\XBCDRC.
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\PluginModuleInfo.py", line 70, in __init__
__import__(moduleName, None, None, [''])
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\XBCDRC\__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
from xbmcclient import *

Hoping some one can help

Thanks Ken

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:07 am

kenrad wrote:I am a new user of eventghost and my main purpose for it it to control XBMC, I am running Frodo 12.2 and I keep getting errors when I attempt to update the JSONRPC interface. I found some posts about updating to the latest test version of _int_py but I still get the errors

You need the "xbmcclient.py" in the same directory, it should be in the "Plugins\XBMCRepeat" dir.

jonib

kenrad

Post by kenrad » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Ok Jonib,
that did it I have the JSON interface working, but I am having trouble figuring out the parameters.

I found a post of your on the XBMC forum that showed this {"item":{"movieid":4419} as the parameter to play a movie from ID but it is giving me the following error

Error in Action: "XBMC2: JSONRPC: Player.Open"
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ActionBase.py", line 170, in CallWrapper
return self(*args)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\XBMCRepeat\__init__.py", line 896, in __call__
responce = self.plugin.JSON_RPC.send(method, ast.literal_eval(ParseString2(param)))
File "ast.pyc", line 49, in literal_eval
File "ast.pyc", line 37, in parse
File "<unknown>", line 1
{"item":{"movieid":437}
^
SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing

Im thinking that I am missing something in the parameter but not sure what it is

I am trying to setup eventghost so that my home automation system can trigger macros from the command line and play a movie based on voice recognition so I need to create a macro that will play that will play each movie from the id.

Please help

Thanks Ken

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:32 am

kenrad wrote: that did it I have the JSON interface working,
Great.
I found a post of your on the XBMC forum that showed this {"item":{"movieid":4419} as the parameter to play a movie from ID but it is giving me the following error
You just need to match the "curly brackets" ( {} ).

Code: Select all

{"item":{"movieid":4419}}
This should work. It played the movie "127 hours" for me, hmm I think I'll have to watch it at some point.

jonib

kenrad

Post by kenrad » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:44 am

Ok that was it thanks.

Is there any where that the parameters are documented?

also now that I have created the macro in eventghost how can I trigger it from the command line the macroi is named "play2fast2"

I tried sending -e 2fast2 and nothing happens and nothing appears in the event log?

Thanks Ken

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:50 am

kenrad wrote:Is there any where that the parameters are documented?
The XBMC JSON-RPC API is here, with parameters.
also now that I have created the macro in eventghost how can I trigger it from the command line the macroi is named "play2fast2"

I tried sending -e 2fast2 and nothing happens and nothing appears in the event log?
This should work to generate an event, you have set the option to show all events?

jonib

kenrad

Post by kenrad » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:07 pm

I tried sending -e play2fast2 and nothing happens and nothing appears in the event log?
This should work to generate an event, you have set the option to show all events?

jonib

I tried this and its not triggering the macro, I have the log box unchecked so it should be showing all events if I am correct?

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:18 pm

kenrad wrote:I tried this and its not triggering the macro, I have the log box unchecked so it should be showing all events if I am correct?
I just tried and I get an "Main.play2fast2" event, so don't know why you wouldn't get that, sorry.

I ran this from the commandline:

Code: Select all

EventGhost.exe -e play2fast2
Edit: You are running EventGhost with the same user/permissions? When you want to create the event and when you have started EvenGhost normally.

jonib