Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
jonib
Plugin Developer

Re: Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Post by jonib » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:56 am

blaher wrote:Here are my Kodi settings and I've checked my IP/Port and login name in the EG plugin.
Those settings look correct.

OK, so the thing is I wont be trying to fix this problem right now, as I would have to fix it twice for the current version and for the new version in development, sorry about that.

You need to detect Kodi starting some other way (Task/Process monitoring) and then enable the XBMC2 plugin and disable it when it closes, it should work then.

@Everyone interested
So I have hinted (unintentionally) that I was working on a new/proper update to the XBMC2 plugin, most of last year I worked to rebuild the plugin from the ground up as the code is horrible in the current version.
Basically I started learning Python when doing this plugin, so I have wanted to redo it properly for the longest time, but lacked the motivation before.
I am probably about halfway finished and have fixed most problems and rebuilt most functionality, but not the ssdp code, and it will look very different from the current code and I need to finish it before it is usable.

I'm hoping I can finish the new version within the year(but no promises)

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:59 am

denbartman wrote:Seems an event activating the xbmc tree didn't fire anymore. So the problem had nothing to do with this plugin.
So its working for you now?
The new version however gives an error on startup (XBMC2: Error opening: actions.dat) but this doesn't seem to cause any problems.
You can ignore that error.

jonib

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:07 am

snack wrote:I can't get Kodi 17.1 to recognize any of my remote button presses. Kodi 16.x was fine. I upgraded to EventGhost 0.5.0-beta6 and also the __init__.py 0.6.33 but that didn't fix my problem.
Any ideas on what changed between Kodi 16 and 17 to cause EventGhost to not work?
As far as I can see there are no changes that affect Button actions in Kodi 17.x.
And EventGhost 0.5 don't seem to change anything but I'm using beta3 so I'll update and test with beta6.

All I can think of is to check the settings in Kodi and the XBMC2 plugin, so that they match and that there is no firewall/antivirus interfering.

jonib

blaher
Experienced User

Post by blaher » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:18 am

jonib wrote: You need to detect Kodi starting some other way (Task/Process monitoring) and then enable the XBMC2 plugin and disable it when it closes, it should work then.

Ah! That's a good idea. Thanks for the solution and for your hard work.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:30 pm

mywayfr wrote:It's difficult when I'm on a group with the full guide windows to change group channel.
I haven't used the current PVR stuff in Kodi so I had to configure it to find out what you are referring to.
Using the latest version 0.6.33 of the XBMC2 plugin you can add "NextChannelGroup" and "PreviousChannelGroup" actions that changes the channel group.

In the XBMC2 plugin settings press the "Update Actions" button, then restart EventGhost and now you have the actions available in "XBMC2\Actions\Manually updated".

Edit: You could also put the commands in Kodis config here's an example.

Hopefully this was what you wanted, if not ask again.

jonib

mywayfr

Post by mywayfr » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:13 am

Hello ,
First of all, many thanks for getting your time to help us :)
I will try your advice and come here to give a feedback.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:03 pm

snack wrote:Any ideas on what changed between Kodi 16 and 17 to cause EventGhost to not work?
So now I have tested Kodi 17.1 with EventGhost 0.5 beta 6 and XBMC2 plugin ver 0.6.33.
And I don't see any difference compared to Kodi 16 with button actions, so some setting or program is interfering for you.

All I can think of is to check the settings in Kodi and the XBMC2 plugin, so that they match and that there is no firewall/antivirus interfering.

jonib

WoLpH
Experienced User

Post by WoLpH » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:32 am

jonib wrote:I'm hoping I can finish the new version within the year(but no promises)
I know the feeling of having too little time... it can be quite a pain. But I would be interested to help out a bit if needed.

Would you be open to putting the code online (github) so others can help out as well?
Author of the book Mastering Python. Got Python questions? Perhaps I can help :)

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:32 am

WoLpH wrote:I know the feeling of having too little time... it can be quite a pain.
For me it's not lack of time but lack of focus, anything and everything makes me lose my focus and then I can't concentrate on anything complex like coding, I can lose weeks or even months before I can start working on something again.
But I would be interested to help out a bit if needed.
The way I code (and I'm trying to improve) the code is all over the place all half finished "Proof of concept" stuff that is not usable, with mostly no documentation, and I might redo the whole project several times.
So I'm not sure how anybody could contribute in a meaningful way.
But I have found it very useful to put ideas and stuff on the github issues tracker here
Would you be open to putting the code online (github) so others can help out as well?
Well the currently released code is on github here, the kodi-plugin branch has the latest code I committed. But most new code I have not committed yet until I feel it's stable enough.

jonib

Livin
Experienced User

Post by Livin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:22 pm

jonib wrote: Well the currently released code is on github here, the kodi-plugin branch has the latest code I committed. But most new code I have not committed yet until I feel it's stable enough.

jonib
Any updates soon?

Is this working with Kodi v18?
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Livin wrote:Any updates soon?
No updates since January, I have been working (slowly) on other projects. I'll probably start to work on this plugin again after I finish the current project.
Is this working with Kodi v18?
I haven't seen any big changes to Kodi 18 so the plugin should work.

jonib

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Plugin updated to 0.6.35, get it on Github, only the __init__.py file needs to be replaced.

Whats new:
  • actions.dat error is not shown if the (optional) actions.dat file is missing.
  • The "Update actions" button should now work again to get missing actions (actions included upto Kodi 16, later actions needs bigger changes)
  • BuiltInFunctions function list can be updated again.
  • Some debugging related changes
Most problems ware related to changes to Kodis website/source code.

jonib

blaher
Experienced User

Post by blaher » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:21 am

Thank you. All these things:

actions.dat error is not shown if the (optional) actions.dat file is missing.
The "Update actions" button should now work again to get missing actions (actions included upto Kodi 16, later actions needs bigger changes)
BuiltInFunctions function list can be updated again.

are working for me with Kodi 16.1 Jarvis.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:47 am

blaher wrote:Thank you. All these things:
are working for me with Kodi 16.1 Jarvis.
Thank you for the feedback. If no problems are reported I'll do a pull request to get it included in EventGhost.

jonib

iampaulh

Post by iampaulh » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:49 am

There have been a few changes in the latest Kodi - maybe I was using an outdated __init__.py, but I had to make the following changes to get certain video libraries to show.

For example: original

Code: Select all

("MyMovies", "Show Movies Screen", "Show Movies screen.", "Activatewindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles,return)"),
    ("MyTVShows", "Show TV Shows Screen", "Show TV Shows screen.", "Activatewindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles,return)"),
Corrected

("MyMovies", "Show Movies Screen", "Show Movies screen.", "ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)"),
    ("MyTVShows", "Show TV Shows Screen", "Show TV Shows screen.", "Activatewindow(Videos,TvShowTitles,return)"),
And for the guy asking about getting the subtitle downloader to open for selection, I added

("SubtitleSearch", "Search Subtitles", "Search Subtitles.", "ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)"),
In the Windows = ( section