Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
vortexrotor

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Post by vortexrotor » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:46 pm

JustGav wrote:Thanks for this, I've been playing with this plugin as of late, with multiple XBMC systems and it does seem to work rather nicely.

Is there any real way of getting feedback through this plugin such as what is playing, that sort of thing.

I might be asking a bit too much of eventghost, but I plan on using it between multiple systems to effectively transfer running media. eg. Sat in the living room and want to head up to bed, I can simply get it to shutdown the main HTPC and then turn on the bedroom one and resume playing whatever it is I was watching downstairs.

Hello JustGav... you can use the XBMC Receiver plugin I just posted to get that info as an event which parses out the currently playing info out.

Regards,
VortexRotor

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:34 am

So I'm finally doing some work on this plugin specifically adding some XBMC HTTP API commands, right now I'm working on GetCurrentlyPlaying() and FileDelete() as those ware some of the commands I need.

So if you use my XBMCRepeat plugin and need any commands supported by the XBMC HTTP API, reply here and I'll see if I can add it (No guarantees).

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image

Livin
Experienced User

Post by Livin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:16 am

jonib wrote:So I'm finally doing some work on this plugin specifically adding some XBMC HTTP API commands, right now I'm working on GetCurrentlyPlaying() and FileDelete() as those ware some of the commands I need.

So if you use my XBMCRepeat plugin and need any commands supported by the XBMC HTTP API, reply here and I'll see if I can add it (No guarantees).

jonib
perfect timing. I was just thinking about this.

I could use these...

AddToPlayList
PlayListNext - or whatever starts playing the current Playlist. I often add videos to the playlist for my son an then want to play them
RemoveFromPlaylist
ClearPlayList

RestartApp

AddToSlideshow
ClearSlideshow
PlayNext
setup... XBMC, W7MC for DVR & Live OTA TV, JRMC for multi-zone audio, EG, MiCasaVerde Vera3, USB-UIRT IR receiver, Harmony remote, 5.2 home theater system

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:49 am

Livin wrote:AddToPlayList
PlayListNext - or whatever starts playing the current Playlist. I often add videos to the playlist for my son an then want to play them
RemoveFromPlaylist
ClearPlayList
AddToSlideshow
ClearSlideshow
PlayNext
Shouldn't be a problem but some of them need to be configurable and will take a bit longer.
RestartApp
XBMCRepeat\Actions\Shutdown related\Restart XBMC doesn't this command work for you? Seems the same command.

jonib

markc

Post by markc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:20 am

jonib, thanks for this plugin, am starting to play with it now.

I have posted re. an issue I have with my apple remote and the press hold function on a couple of buttons but was wondering how easy it would be for you to add the new aluminium apple remote to your plugin with the corresponding button hold functions?

Thanks!

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:46 am

markc wrote:I have posted re. an issue I have with my apple remote and the press hold function on a couple of buttons but was wondering how easy it would be for you to add the new aluminium apple remote to your plugin with the corresponding button hold functions?
My plugin doesn't do anything directly with a remote control, so any problem with a remote must be dealt with elsewhere, sorry.

jonib

markc

Post by markc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:03 am

I realise that and perhaps should not have mentioned my issue as you are right it is not connected.

My question/request was would it be possible for you to add an Aluminium Apple Remote folder under the Buttons Folder which would work with the joystick.AppleRemote.xml in XBMC.

Thanks again.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:20 am

markc wrote:My question/request was would it be possible for you to add an Aluminium Apple Remote folder under the Buttons Folder which would work with the joystick.AppleRemote.xml in XBMC.
My plugin uses xbmcclient.py to communicate with XBMC, and it haven't been updated in a while and don't seem to support the named joystick functionality that joystick.AppleRemote.xml needs, so it looks like I can't add it at this time.

jonib

markc

Post by markc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:24 am

Thanks jonib,

I am understanding how it all fits together now. Will play with the Gamepad settings as do not use one of them.

Mark.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:48 pm

markc wrote:I am understanding how it all fits together now. Will play with the Gamepad settings as do not use one of them.
If you are using a remote why not use XBMCRepeat\Buttons\Remote buttons?

jonib

markc

Post by markc » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:44 pm

jonib wrote:
markc wrote:I am understanding how it all fits together now. Will play with the Gamepad settings as do not use one of them.
If you are using a remote why not use XBMCRepeat\Buttons\Remote buttons?

jonib
I also use a normal remote and want to edit the .xml to custom actions (for apple remote) similar to what I had configured in Plex on the Mac and as I do not use a Gamepad it will not interfere with any of my other setings.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:53 pm

markc wrote:I also use a normal remote and want to edit the .xml to custom actions (for apple remote) similar to what I had configured in Plex on the Mac and as I do not use a Gamepad it will not interfere with any of my other setings.
The gamepad actions might not be optimal to use on a remote, and you could just copy the Remote button folder and configure those for your apple remote.

jonib

markc

Post by markc » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:30 am

OK, But I was under the impression that the the remote button folder used the Remote.xml and as I want custom actions per screen in XBMC then editing this to give me these actions would also effect my normal remote which uses this keymap. That is why I though it may be better to use the Gamepad one and edit the keymap in XBMC to do exactly what I want. Perhaps I do not understand exactly how the plugin works?

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:35 pm

markc wrote:OK, But I was under the impression that the the remote button folder used the Remote.xml and as I want custom actions per screen in XBMC then editing this to give me these actions would also effect my normal remote which uses this keymap. That is why I though it may be better to use the Gamepad one and edit the keymap in XBMC to do exactly what I want. Perhaps I do not understand exactly how the plugin works?
OK, I didn't know you were going to edit the gamepad.xml in that case using the Gamepad buttons in XBMCRemote should work fine, sorry for confusing you. :D

jonib

Fiasco
Plugin Developer

Post by Fiasco » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:22 am

Is there a "shuffle" function in XBMCRepeat?

*edit* It's called random :D