Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
tjabas
Experienced User

Re: Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Post by tjabas » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:49 pm

hmmm, it was the version before you changed it to autoconnect better with kodi.

i havent really saved the older verisons.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Test this version, it seems XP needs stuff its own way.

jonib
Attachments
__init__.py
XBMC2 test ver 0.6.31 XP rebound edition
(123.38 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image

tjabas
Experienced User

Post by tjabas » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:52 pm

jonib wrote:Test this version, it seems XP needs stuff its own way.

jonib

thanks alot, that did the trick, everything works really good now, i have tried to reboot the minix android device and as soon as i start kodi again eventghost rekognizes it.

i did actually have some red strings in the log, but it doesnt really matter since everything works fine now, but i post the log anyway:

16:45:28 XBMC2: Raw event: '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Playlist.OnClear","params":{"data":{"playlistid":1},"sender":"xbmc"}}'
16:45:28 Raw event: {u'params': {u'data': {u'playlistid': 1}, u'sender': u'xbmc'}, u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'method': u'Playlist.OnClear'}
16:45:28 XBMC2: Raw event: '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Playlist.OnAdd","params":{"data":{"item":{"title","type":"movie"},"playlistid":1,"position":0},"sender":"xbmc"}}{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Playlist.OnAdd","params":{"data":{"item":{"title":"","type":"movie"},"playlistid":1,"position":1},"sender":"xbmc"}}'
16:45:28 Traceback (most recent call last):
16:45:28 File "C:\Program\EventGhost\plugins\XBMCRepeat\__init__.py", line 2162, in JSONRPCNotifications
16:45:28 messages = [json.loads(message)]
16:45:28 File "json\__init__.pyc", line 307, in loads
16:45:28 File "json\decoder.pyc", line 322, in decode
16:45:28 ValueError: Extra data: line 1 column 189 - line 1 column 385 (char 189 - 385)
16:45:28 Raw event: {u'params': {u'data': {u'item': {u'type': u'movie', u'title': '}, u'playlistid': 1, u'position': 0}, u'sender': u'xbmc'}, u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'method': u'Playlist.OnAdd'}
16:45:28 Raw event: {u'params': {u'data': {u'item': {u'type': u'movie', u'title':'}, u'playlistid': 1, u'position': 1}, u'sender': u'xbmc'}, u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'method': u'Playlist.OnAdd'}
16:45:28 XBMC2: Raw event: '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Playlist.OnAdd","params":{"data":{"item":{"title":"ETRG.mp4","type":"movie"},"playlistid":1,"position":2},"sender":"xbmc"}}'
16:45:28 Raw event: {u'params': {u'data': {u'item': {u'type': u'movie', u'title': u'ETRG.mp4'}, u'playlistid': 1, u'position': 2}, u'sender': u'xbmc'}, u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'method': u'Playlist.OnAdd'}
16:45:29 XBMC2: Raw event: '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.OnPlay","params":{"data":{"item":{"title":"-ETRG.mp4","type":"movie"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}},"sender":"xbmc"}}'
16:45:29 Raw event: {u'params': {u'data': {u'item': {u'type': u'movie', u'title': }, u'player': {u'playerid': 1, u'speed': 1}}, u'sender': u'xbmc'}, u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'method': u'Player.OnPlay'}
16:45:29 XBMC2.Player.OnPlay.movie {u'item': {u'title': r': {u'playerid': 1, u'speed': 1}}
16:45:29 Play

I cant thank you enough.

:)

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:12 pm

tjabas wrote:thanks alot, that did the trick, everything works really good now, i have tried to reboot the minix android device and as soon as i start kodi again eventghost rekognizes it.
Great news, when I knew you used Win XP my searches found the problem, before I wasn't even close.
i did actually have some red strings in the log, but it doesnt really matter since everything works fine now, but i post the log anyway:
Those seem normal if you have the debug options active, I need to change those errors, as they should be warnings because they are handled correctly. But please report any errors when not in debug mode as those should not happen.
I cant thank you enough.
Well thank you for testing countless test versions. :oops:

jonib

tjabas
Experienced User

Post by tjabas » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi!

i thought that i would write a small feedback on the latest update,

the last uppdate really did the trick, but unfortunately it wont always autoconnect after a reboot of the minix android player.

but this is 1 out of 4 restarts.

im also sorry to say that i dont get ant logs in eventghost when it doesnt detect kodi.

thanks

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:25 pm

tjabas wrote:i thought that i would write a small feedback on the latest update,
Very much appreciated. :D
the last uppdate really did the trick, but unfortunately it wont always autoconnect after a reboot of the minix android player.

but this is 1 out of 4 restarts.

im also sorry to say that i dont get ant logs in eventghost when it doesnt detect kodi.
Yup, that matches my experience when doing the development, it would work perfectly and then suddenly I wouldn't get any response at all.
I have an idea how to improve the detection but I would have to violate the SSDP spec to do it. :twisted:

jonib

tjabas
Experienced User

Post by tjabas » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:52 pm

I honestly dont know What that means, but just go ahead an violate :)

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:41 pm

tjabas wrote:I honestly dont know What that means, but just go ahead an violate :)
Officer I'm not to blame tjabas made me do it.

Try this version it should detect Kodi better, but it might try to connect to Kodi even if Kodi didn't start.

SSDP uses two types of messages searches and announcements, now I'm using the search that Kodi does when it starts to detect it as it contains the Kody name, it won't work for XBMC.

For some reason my code seems to always see the search messages but not always the announcement messages.

I'm not really happy doing it this way but until I figure out a better way it hopefully makes the detection more sensitive.

jonib
Attachments
__init__.py
XBMC2 test ver 0.6.32 "The violation"
(123.62 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

tjabas
Experienced User

Post by tjabas » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:07 pm

jonib wrote:
tjabas wrote:I honestly dont know What that means, but just go ahead an violate :)
Officer I'm not to blame tjabas made me do it.

Try this version it should detect Kodi better, but it might try to connect to Kodi even if Kodi didn't start.

SSDP uses two types of messages searches and announcements, now I'm using the search that Kodi does when it starts to detect it as it contains the Kody name, it won't work for XBMC.

For some reason my code seems to always see the search messages but not always the announcement messages.

I'm not really happy doing it this way but until I figure out a better way it hopefully makes the detection more sensitive.

jonib

nice, going to try it immediately.

tjabas
Experienced User

Post by tjabas » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:16 pm

i just need to ask, if i go into settings in kodi, the dafult name of kodi is set to (enhetsnamn) xbmc, should i change this to kodi?
just thought if the SSDP listens to the kodi name?

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:08 pm

tjabas wrote:i just need to ask, if i go into settings in kodi, the dafult name of kodi is set to (enhetsnamn) xbmc, should i change this to kodi?
just thought if the SSDP listens to the kodi name?
No need, as that's not used for identification.

jonib

Phil
Experienced User

Post by Phil » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:36 pm

Is there a way for me to stop this getting logged until its fixed? its taking up my whole log as it repeats every 10 seconds. The plug in seems to be a bit more reliable which is great, but this is making everything else a little more difficult.

15:27:08 XBMC2: Error: JSON-RPC responce, "result" missing {u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': 1, u'error': {u'message': u'Method not found.', u'code': -32601}}
15:27:18 XBMC2: Error: JSON-RPC responce, "result" missing {u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': 1, u'error': {u'message': u'Method not found.', u'code': -32601}}
15:27:28 XBMC2: Error: JSON-RPC responce, "result" missing {u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': 1, u'error': {u'message': u'Method not found.', u'code': -32601}}
15:27:38 XBMC2: Error: JSON-RPC responce, "result" missing {u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': 1, u'error': {u'message': u'Method not found.', u'code': -32601}}

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Phil wrote:Is there a way for me to stop this getting logged until its fixed?
Sure, the attached won't show that error unless "debug" is active.
The plug in seems to be a bit more reliable which is great
Does it still miss when Kodi is started? I was hoping the last test ver should be close to 100%.

jonib
Attachments
__init__.py
XBMC2 test ver 0.6.33 "Shut up" edition.
(123.65 KiB) Downloaded 436 times

Phil
Experienced User

Post by Phil » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:39 pm

Thats excellent, thanks.
The plug in seems to be a bit more reliable which is great
jonib wrote:
Does it still miss when Kodi is started? I was hoping the last test ver should be close to 100%.
To be honest, I havent watched much TV the past week so I have no basis for saying its unreliable in any way! I did have an issue but I think that's to do with a large mirror being stored next to my hue base station rather than KODI.
I've upgraded to the newest shut up edition and will report back any issues.

thanks again for all your work on this.

xhunter

Post by xhunter » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:46 pm

Hi,
How can I add
"subtitlesearch" (preferably in fullscreen only),
movie titles ( activatewindow(videos,movietitles) ),
or tv titles ( activatewindow(videos,movietitles)) ?
thanks