Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
blaher
Experienced User

Re: How to identify files associated with u'id'

Post by blaher » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:26 am

egbaud wrote:Iplaycount': 1
When you export your library to separate files, an .nfo file is created with the playcount, or perhaps http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL might be of use?
Kodi Krypton
Use the stable release of 'Jarvis' instead?

Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Re: Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Post by Luca Brasi » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:34 am

Hi jonib,

I am getting errors on using json currently. Unfortunately I don't for how long. But I do know that nothing has changed for a very long time on my system regarding eg and kodi and that it worked nicely before.
This is the error I get:
screenshot_mmnote_2016-10-08 11 25 38.jpg
As soon as I try to open the action in question eg will just stall and I will have to kill and restart it.
This is one of the macros out of the config:

Code: Select all

XBMC2.JSONRPC(u'Settings.GetSettingValue', u'{"setting": "audiooutput.passthrough"}', False, True)
It does happen for all other actions with SetSettingValue as well.

While checking the plugin I hit the update button and got this:
screenshot_mmnote_2016-10-08 11 26 13.jpg
Maybe it's related?
The test button worked fine though.
Win10 x64 Prof. / Eventghost latest / MCE Plugin / MCE RC6 Receiver / Logitech Harmony Hub / MediaPortal / kodi

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:59 am

Luca Brasi wrote:This is the error I get:
That's the error for updating actions not related to JSON-RPC, I have unfortunately not fixed that. It will be fixed in the next release, but I have no idea when.
As soon as I try to open the action in question eg will just stall and I will have to kill and restart it.
Are you using the last version 0.6.33? as that sounds like a problem I fixed a while ago.

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image

jonib
Plugin Developer

Re: How to identify files associated with u'id'

Post by jonib » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:08 am

egbaud wrote:XBMC2.VideoLibrary.OnUpdate.episode {u'item': {u'id': 88408}, u'playcount': 1}

Does anybody know how to associate the episode id in this event with filenames for the watched media?
You need to use JSON-RPC method "VideoLibrary.GetEpisodeDetails" some examples here and here

If you need more ask again.

jonib

egbaud

Post by egbaud » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:21 pm

Thank you! I actually got it to work using SQL, but I was concerned about not being able to identify the correct .db file and appdata folder. The json is far easier and more reliable than what I was doing.

I'll post the script when I get it working.

egbaud

Post by egbaud » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:15 pm

With the following parameter to VideoLibrary.GetEpisode

{ "filter": {"field": "playcount", "operator": "greaterthan", "value": "0"}}

I'm able to get a list of dicts containing the episodeid of all watched episodes. Now I'm trying to understand how to take that list of episodeids and trigger a VideoLibrary.GetEpisodeDetails for each one.

I know how to parse the json in that list in Python to get each episodeid, but I can't figure out how to pass that episodeid to a jsonrpc call to VideoLibrary.GetEpisodeDetails in Python.

UPDATE

Never mind. Looking at eg.plugins.XBMC2.jsonRPC calls now, as you pointed out in your original post.

Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Post by Luca Brasi » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:17 pm

Hi jonib,
Are you using the last version 0.6.33? as that sounds like a problem I fixed a while ago.
You're right! I redownloaded that version and installed it again. It is working as it should now as before. Don't know exactly what happened. I had installed the eg 5 beta quite some time ago and might have forgotten to bring back xbmc2 plugin back to the latest version when going back to stable eg version. So, sorry for the confusion!

Thanks for your help!
Win10 x64 Prof. / Eventghost latest / MCE Plugin / MCE RC6 Receiver / Logitech Harmony Hub / MediaPortal / kodi

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:11 am

Luca Brasi wrote:You're right! I redownloaded that version and installed it again. It is working as it should now as before.
Good.
So, sorry for the confusion!
Don't worry about it, It's mostly my fault as I haven't updated the version in EventGhost, as it's quite old now.

jonib

rivo

Post by rivo » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi!

Would it be possible to add a section for PVR Live Tv in XBMC2 plugin?
The latest versions of Kodi incorporate it yet in keyboard.xml.

For example it may be useful to separate actions between "ordinary" Fullscreen and FullscreenLiveTV.

Thanks!!

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:54 pm

rivo wrote:Would it be possible to add a section for PVR Live Tv in XBMC2 plugin?
Update to the latest ver 0.6.34 that fixed the "Update actions" button in the plugin config.
That will add any missing actions to "XBMC2\Actions\Manually Updated", is there anything else missing for PVR Live Tv?

jonib

jang430
Experienced User

xbmc2 trigger subtitle search with a keypress

Post by jang430 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:16 pm

Hello all. Anyone using xbmc2 plugin? I wonder how to enable subtitle search with a single key press. Any suggestions?

eirik226
Experienced User

Re: xbmc2 trigger subtitle search with a keypress

Post by eirik226 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:42 pm

I believe the easiest way is to let Kodi or XBMC do this, it should be able to automatically search for subtitles. Then you don't have to press anything at all ;)

jang430
Experienced User

Post by jang430 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:03 am

By doing that, I believe you don't have control whether it gets the right subtitle or not.

jang430
Experienced User

Using Original Sharp Remote for Kodi, reuse the same button

Post by jang430 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:28 am

Hi All. I'm sure a lot are using Kodi. I'm using the XBMC2 plugin. I'm also using my Sharp remote, which is perfect. Someone on this forum showed me how to do it.

The problem is, I wanted to use the D-pad of the remote to control directions, up, down, left, right in Kodi. At the same time, I want to use the same D-pad to jump forward on the scene, while in fullscreen video, or backward.

I have the same button mapped in 2 actions in Kodi, one on up, down, left, right, another on jump forward, backward, small forward, small backward.

When playback in fullscreen, I pulled up the menu, to access buttons such as bookmark, download subtitle, play, pause (OSD), while selecting between icons of play, pause, stop, bookmark, using the same D-pad, it obviously also jumps forward, or backward, at the same time, performing the moving of pointer from left icon, to the right icon. I hope I make sense and you readers understand.

So I want to be able to use the D-pad in different situations and give different output results. When in fullscreen playback, I want it to jump forward, backward. With OSD Menu pulled up, I want to be able to move the selection cursor left, right, etc. How do I accomplish this in Kodi?

BTW, I think this is what you call CONTEXT SENSITIVE.

eirik226
Experienced User

Post by eirik226 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:51 am

jang430 wrote:By doing that, I believe you don't have control whether it gets the right subtitle or not.
It should always try to get a subtitle in sync - so it should work. If not I imagine you have to bind the shortcut buttons kodi have to something in eventghost. EG: If you press right arrow on keyboard while on kodi it skips some seconds right? I imagine there would be a shortcut for subtitles as well, just bind that to something and do the same with up and down, then you can browse the subtitles.

If not there are a lot of automated downloaders for subtitles that does not depend on kodi or eventghost.