Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Postby egbaud » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:08 pm

How do I translate this: xbmc.VideoLibrary.RemoveMovie(movieid=1234) into XBMC2 form.

I know the first part is eg.plugins.XBMC2.JSONRPC(u'VideoLibrary.RemoveMovie', ????), but how do I encode the "movieid=1234" part?
egbaud

Postby jonib » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:59 pm

egbaud wrote:How do I translate this: xbmc.VideoLibrary.RemoveMovie(movieid=1234) into XBMC2 form.

I know the first part is eg.plugins.XBMC2.JSONRPC(u'VideoLibrary.RemoveMovie', ????), but how do I encode the "movieid=1234" part?

Code: Select all
eg.plugins.XBMC2.JSONRPC(u'VideoLibrary.RemoveMovie', [1234] )

or

eg.plugins.XBMC2.JSONRPC(u'VideoLibrary.RemoveMovie', {"movieid": 1234} )

I did not test but should work, post again if not.

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image
jonib
Plugin Developer

Postby egbaud » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Thank you! Worked perfectly.
egbaud

Postby MaxMan23 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:25 am

Hello. Can someone help me with a python script. I want to send clear signals for play pause (not toggle). If an Event comes for Pause a script should be executed. And if an Event comes for Play another script should be executed.

Someone wrote this as an example:
def getVideoPlaying():
videoPlaying = 0
activePlayer = eg.plugins.XBMC2.JSONRPC(u'Player.GetActivePlayers', u'', False)
if activePlayer:
if activePlayer[0]["type"] == "video":
mediaSpeed = eg.plugins.XBMC2.JSONRPC(u'Player.GetProperties', u'1,["speed"]', False)["speed"]
if mediaSpeed > 0:
videoPlaying = 1
return videoPlaying

I need something like this (for Pause):
def getVideoPlaying():
videoPlaying = 0
if activePlayer:
if activePlayer[0]["type"] == "video":
mediaSpeed = eg.plugins.XBMC2.JSONRPC(u'Player.GetProperties', u'1,["speed"]', False)["speed"]
if mediaSpeed > 1:
eg.plugins.XBMC2.JSONRPC(u'Player.PlayPause.....

Here is an Json Example:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.PlayPause", "params": { "playerid": 0 }, "id": 1}

Can someone help me with the right format for the script, please. And can anyone tell me if this could work?
MaxMan23

Postby jonib » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:16 pm

MaxMan23 wrote:Hello. Can someone help me with a python script. I want to send clear signals for play pause (not toggle). If an Event comes for Pause a script should be executed. And if an Event comes for Play another script should be executed.
[Code removed]
Can someone help me with the right format for the script, please. And can anyone tell me if this could work?
I would start with these actions:
XBMC2->Actions->Media playing->Play
XBMC2->Actions->Media playing->Pause
"Play" will only start playback and resume playback if paused, "Pause" will pause and resume playback if paused but not start.

As "Pause" works as a semi toggle, try this for a pure pause, something must be playing for it to work:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.PlayPause", "params": {"playerid": 1, "play": False}, "id": 1}

jonib
jonib
Plugin Developer

Postby MaxMan23 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:31 am

"Pause" will pause and resume playback if paused but not start.

If i press Pause two times, playback should not start again.

Can you help me with the right format:
eg.plugins.XBMC2.JSONRPC(u'Player.PlayPause
MaxMan23

Postby jonib » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:59 pm

MaxMan23 wrote:Can you help me with the right format:

Put this in a "Python script" action:
if activePlayer:
    eg.plugins.XBMC2.JSONRPC(u'Player.PlayPause', u'{0},False'.format(activePlayer[0]['playerid']), False)

jonib
jonib
Plugin Developer

Postby Foune » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:49 pm

jonib wrote:Plugin updated to 0.6.35, get it on Github, only the

Thank you for your work. I stopped using this xbmc plugin some years ago because of compatibility problems. I'll try your code ASAP.
Foune
Experienced User

Postby enobhsiw » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi,

I am very new to EG. Im trying to launch Kodi on my 'Always On' Windows 10 Enterprise x64 laptop, using the 'Wake on LAN' feature on Official Kodi Remote on my Iphone.
I tried using Broadcaster and XBMC Event Receiver aswell, and configured the UDP port to 9, but I recieve the following error:
error: uncaptured python exception, closing channel <eg.CorePluginModule.XBMCEventReceiver.Server connected :9 at 0x4a1ccb0> (<type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>:'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xff in position 0: unexpected code byte [asyncore.pyc|read|76] [asyncore.pyc|handle_read_event|414] [C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\XBMCEventReceiver\__init__.py|handle_read|110] [encodings\utf_8.pyc|decode|16])

Please help, and guide me on what I could do to achieve what I am trying to do.

Thanks in advance.
enobhsiw

Postby jonib » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:43 am

enobhsiw wrote:Hi,

I am very new to EG. Im trying to launch Kodi on my 'Always On' Windows 10 Enterprise x64 laptop, using the 'Wake on LAN' feature on Official Kodi Remote on my Iphone.
I tried using Broadcaster and XBMC Event Receiver aswell, and configured the UDP port to 9, but I recieve the following error:
error: uncaptured python exception, closing channel <eg.CorePluginModule.XBMCEventReceiver.Server connected :9 at 0x4a1ccb0> (<type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>:'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xff in position 0: unexpected code byte [asyncore.pyc|read|76] [asyncore.pyc|handle_read_event|414] [C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\XBMCEventReceiver\__init__.py|handle_read|110] [encodings\utf_8.pyc|decode|16])

Please help, and guide me on what I could do to achieve what I am trying to do.

Thanks in advance.

There is no "Wake on LAN" specific functionality in the XBMC2 plugin and I don't support the Official Kodi remote or IPhone so can't help with any of it.

Also I don't support the "XBMC Event Receiver" plugin (Support for it is here), I do support the XBMC broadcast events in the XBMC2 plugin but it probably is NOT supported in the version of Kodi/XBMC you are using.

I see that kgschlosser pointed you here, So start by removing the "XBMC Event Receiver" plugin and if you are using a very old version of XBMC (11 or older) activate broadcast events in the XBMC2 options. But I don't think WakeOnLAN is related to this.
So what is not working except for the error you are receiving?

jonib
jonib
Plugin Developer

Postby enobhsiw » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:11 pm

jonib wrote:There is no "Wake on LAN" specific functionality in the XBMC2 plugin and I don't support the Official Kodi remote or IPhone so can't help with any of it.

Also I don't support the "XBMC Event Receiver" plugin (Support for it is here), I do support the XBMC broadcast events in the XBMC2 plugin but it probably is NOT supported in the version of Kodi/XBMC you are using.

I see that kgschlosser pointed you here, So start by removing the "XBMC Event Receiver" plugin and if you are using a very old version of XBMC (11 or older) activate broadcast events in the XBMC2 options. But I don't think WakeOnLAN is related to this.
So what is not working except for the error you are receiving?

jonib

Hi Jonib,

I am using the Kodi Kryptop 17.4 version. So far I stopped with the launching of the application(Kodi) using the 'Wake on LAN' feature of the remote of the app.
Will ask for help for the rest if I run into any trouble.
Thanks for the help :)
enobhsiw

Postby jonib » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:37 am

enobhsiw wrote:Will ask for help for the rest if I run into any trouble.
Good

Thanks to you I finally looked into using WakeOnLan for my HTPC, and got it working when in sleep mode. Now I can have it go to sleep and be able to wake it up when I need to do some testing when I'm developing the XBMC2 plugin, cool 8)

jonib
jonib
Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Plugin Support