Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
piipes

Re: Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Post by piipes » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:23 am

1. I use dvbviwer and xbmc combo. Is there anyway to send command "external player is finished"?
I use dvbviewer for .ts files and left dvbv no audio/video mode when back xbmc, now xbmc show allways that annoying "press ok when playback is finished" pop-up.

Edit: I find workaround, i conf eventghost to send xbmc stop signal same time, when i press dvbv stop.

2. Eventghost send to xbmc home and stop command, when i change dvbviewer with remote button. Is that right way to use two program? What command xbmc use when it start external player? Is there some no audio/video too?

Thanks, if somebody can help.
Last edited by piipes on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tom101

Post by tom101 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to use the JSON-RPC part of this plugin (specifically to change the audio output of XBMC to analog when music is playing and back to HDMI when anything else is) but as soon as I open it I get the error

Error opening: jsonrpc.dat

What is jsonrpc.dat and where should it be?

The send notification works so I guess my settings are good. Perhaps I'm doing something else wrong?

piipes

Post by piipes » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:43 pm

tom101

Post by tom101 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Thanks, but I thought it was enabled. Is this not right?
xbmcconfig.PNG
And here is a screenshot of the error
eventghost.PNG

tom101

Post by tom101 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:18 pm

Scratch that, it's started working now. jsonrpc.dat is in the xbmcrepeat plugin directory. The plugin doesn't quite do what I thought it would though. Is there any way to get it to catch events from XBMC and then get eventghost to perform an action according to the event?

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:44 pm

tom101 wrote:I'm trying to use the JSON-RPC part of this plugin (specifically to change the audio output of XBMC to analog when music is playing and back to HDMI when anything else is)
To change the audio output you can use XBMC2\Actions\Uncategorized actions\AudioToggleDigital it will cycle through your audio outputs.
If that don't work like you want I read about using two different profiles with different audio settings, and change between them.
What is jsonrpc.dat and where should it be?
The jsonrpc.dat file contains the JSON-RPC command information, and the error you got just meant that that file hasn't been created yet.
To create the jsonrpc.dat just press the update button in the JSON-RPC command config window. XBMC need to be running when you do.
I'll probably change that error and give an option to update instead.

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:56 pm

tom101 wrote:Scratch that, it's started working now. jsonrpc.dat is in the xbmcrepeat plugin directory.
What version of the XBMC2 plugin are you using? In the latest version the jsonrpc.dat should be in the username\application data\EventGhost dir.
The plugin doesn't quite do what I thought it would though. Is there any way to get it to catch events from XBMC and then get eventghost to perform an action according to the event?
I'm planning to add event notification to my plugin, but don't know when.
But in the mean time you can test this plugin XBMC Event Receiver. I haven't used it so don't know how useful it would be to you. Here is a slightly updated version that don't crash if XBMC is not running.

jonib

evlo

Post by evlo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:10 pm

Before i tried it - is there a action that will work same as backspace on keyboard?

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:01 am

evlo wrote:Before i tried it - is there a action that will work same as backspace on keyboard?
I haven't added the keyboard actions so there is no action that is exactly the same as backspace.

As pressing the backspace generates different actions based on which part of XBMC you are, I don't know if any button/action does what you want. XBMC2\Buttons\Remote\Back might come close.

If there is a need for me to add the keyboard actions I can, but I need a reason.

jonib

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:14 am

piipes wrote:1. I use dvbviwer and xbmc combo. Is there anyway to send command "external player is finished"?
I use dvbviewer for .ts files and left dvbv no audio/video mode when back xbmc, now xbmc show allways that annoying "press ok when playback is finished" pop-up.

Edit: I find workaround, i conf eventghost to send xbmc stop signal same time, when i press dvbv stop.
I haven't used the external player feature in XBMC but sounds like you could add a macro to EventGhost that detects when dvbviewer exits (with Task Create/Switch Events or Process Watcher plugin) and that does what you need it to do to XBMC.
2. Eventghost send to xbmc home and stop command, when i change dvbviewer with remote button. Is that right way to use two program? What command xbmc use when it start external player? Is there some no audio/video too?
I'm sorry but I don't understand any of this, would you mind rephrasing?

jonib

piipes

Post by piipes » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:35 am

1. That stop signal sending works ok. I don't exit dvbviewer, just change "no audio/video" mode when xbmc take focus.
There is no delay changing between liveTv and xbmc, when dvbviewer is running all time too.

2. Just want that xbmc stop all graphic, when i change to dvbviewer manually with remote.(Not playing .ts with external player, just watch TV). Maybe there is not any stop rendering/video command in xbmc? I find that sending screensaver window blank xbmc, but don't know if that is right way? And how to change to last used window from screensaver? What command advanced launcher use, when it launch example emulator?

Again, sorry my poor english.

zian
Site Admin

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Post by zian » Sat May 14, 2011 1:16 pm

This plug in IS AWESOME!!!

From page 4 of this topic...
(still searching through looking for remedy)
jonib wrote:
Fiasco wrote:nm that last post. I thought this plugin was going through the HTTP xbmc server. I see it's running off the event server and that solved my issue.
Do you still need an option to be able to configure the port?

jonib
I do... I think.

I'm looking to be able to control a few XBMCs from my main Win7 PC running x10 Firefly through EG.
I have a laptop running xbmc at ip address 192.168.1.144...works GREAT with this plugin.
I have an iPad running xbmc at port 192.168.1.112... works GREAT with this plugin.

but...
In order to control one or the other (not both at same time) I need to manually change the IP address in the XBMC2 plugin.
Is there an easy way to do this using the remote from afar and not from the main pc with keyboard (VNC will do it too).
but...
Looking for a macro or action that can configure the IP address on the fly and remotely.

(did I mention that?)
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Post by jonib » Sat May 14, 2011 4:55 pm

zian wrote:This plug in IS AWESOME!!!
:oops: :D
In order to control one or the other (not both at same time) I need to manually change the IP address in the XBMC2 plugin.
Is there an easy way to do this using the remote from afar and not from the main pc with keyboard (VNC will do it too).
You need to add one XBMC2 plugin per XBMC you want to control, did you do that?
(did I mention that?)
(You might have I have short memory :mrgreen:)

jonib

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Sat May 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Yup jonib,
I tried two... one for each. But I was new to this plugin then.
I'll try it again.

Thanks.
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri May 20, 2011 3:26 pm

zian wrote:I tried two... one for each. But I was new to this plugin then.
I'll try it again.
Did you get this working?

jonib