Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby jonib » Sun May 10, 2009 2:23 pm

byronl wrote:I think I've found something that doesn't work. CodecInfo. I mapped using the same keys as the original version and I can eventghost trigger it, bit I get nothing on screen. I'm using the same key as Title, but this combo worked ok before since Title is only good when browsing shares/files and CodecInfo is only good when playing videos.
CodecInfo with the Title remote button works for me, both on the XBOX and pc. :?

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image
jonib
Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby kricker » Sun May 10, 2009 3:16 pm

jonib wrote:
byronl wrote:I think I've found something that doesn't work. CodecInfo. I mapped using the same keys as the original version and I can eventghost trigger it, bit I get nothing on screen. I'm using the same key as Title, but this combo worked ok before since Title is only good when browsing shares/files and CodecInfo is only good when playing videos.
CodecInfo with the Title remote button works for me, both on the XBOX and pc. :?

jonib
Works for me too.
kricker
Experienced User
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:49 am

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby byronl » Mon May 11, 2009 1:16 am

Ok cool, I've defined the Title key to both the Title action and CodecInfo, perhaps I don't need to, and just have it defined to the Title key. I will test tonight.

It works fine on my Xboxen and did work on the PC.

Thanks for letting me know.

Byron
byronl
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:53 am

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby jonib » Mon May 11, 2009 1:33 am

byronl wrote:Ok cool, I've defined the Title key to both the Title action and CodecInfo, perhaps I don't need to, and just have it defined to the Title key. I will test tonight.
Yes you should only need to map the Title button, and mapping both they probably cancel each other out. :twisted:

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image
jonib
Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby kricker » Mon May 11, 2009 1:41 am

byronl wrote:Ok cool, I've defined the Title key to both the Title action and CodecInfo, perhaps I don't need to, and just have it defined to the Title key. I will test tonight.

It works fine on my Xboxen and did work on the PC.

Thanks for letting me know.

Byron
Also review the keymap.xml in the XBMC folder to see what the <title> button does per screen when you press it.
kricker
Experienced User
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:49 am

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby byronl » Mon May 11, 2009 12:57 pm

DOH! Removed the double mapping and all good!

Thanks

Byron
byronl
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:53 am

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby kikkegek » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am

what is the difference between this XBMCrepeat plugin and the original plugin?

and is there a preset configuration file available where all buttons are already connected/linked?

this would make it ready for use out of the box....
kikkegek
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:27 am

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby jonib » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:43 am

kikkegek wrote:what is the difference between this XBMCrepeat plugin and the original plugin?
My plugin has all remote and gamepad buttons that works best if you want to use a remote or gamepad to control XBMC, and all actions that XBMC supports if you need any extra actions.
The original plugin has most useful actions, but I felt they were not optimal when mapped to a remote control.
and is there a preset configuration file available where all buttons are already connected/linked?
I don't know of any, my remote don't us any standard buttons so my config would be useless to you, maybe someone else can provide their config.

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image
jonib
Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby kricker » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:01 pm

@jonib,
I was trying to use the sms jump to function. The one where if on the keyboard you hit "shift+letter" and the list jumps to the first item of that letter. The sms function is similar only it allows you to type on the remote 0-9 like sms keys to type the jump to letter. In order for this to happen the remote has to send the remote commands. I tried those and nothing is happening. Have you tried out this functionality?
kricker
Experienced User
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:49 am

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby jonib » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:27 am

kricker wrote:@jonib,
I was trying to use the sms jump to function. The one where if on the keyboard you hit "shift+letter" and the list jumps to the first item of that letter. The sms function is similar only it allows you to type on the remote 0-9 like sms keys to type the jump to letter. In order for this to happen the remote has to send the remote commands. I tried those and nothing is happening. Have you tried out this functionality?
SMS input works in the XBMC's on-screen-keyboard with my plugin.
And it looks like SMS input don't work by default in the file/library lists, but changing the keymap.xml with info from this post, SMS input works now in the sections(MyVideoFiles and MyVideoLibrary) I modified.

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image
jonib
Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby kricker » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:22 am

jonib wrote:
kricker wrote:@jonib,
I was trying to use the sms jump to function. The one where if on the keyboard you hit "shift+letter" and the list jumps to the first item of that letter. The sms function is similar only it allows you to type on the remote 0-9 like sms keys to type the jump to letter. In order for this to happen the remote has to send the remote commands. I tried those and nothing is happening. Have you tried out this functionality?
SMS input works in the XBMC's on-screen-keyboard with my plugin.
And it looks like SMS input don't work by default in the file/library lists, but changing the keymap.xml with info from this post, SMS input works now in the sections(MyVideoFiles and MyVideoLibrary) I modified.

jonib
ahhh....jumpSMS commands. Is it possible to add those as direct commands that EG can send? Not that I mind editing my keymap...I'm just asking.
kricker
Experienced User
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:49 am

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby jonib » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:24 am

kricker wrote:ahhh....jumpSMS commands. Is it possible to add those as direct commands that EG can send? Not that I mind editing my keymap...I'm just asking.
Sure I will add them and I'll check the current list of actions/buttons to add anything missing.

If you don't want to wait for my next version(That I don't know when I'll release) you can add this to the plugin:
Code: Select all
    ("JumpSMS2", "JumpSMS2", "", "JumpSMS2"),
    ("JumpSMS3", "JumpSMS3", "", "JumpSMS3"),
    ("JumpSMS4", "JumpSMS4", "", "JumpSMS4"),
    ("JumpSMS5", "JumpSMS5", "", "JumpSMS5"),
    ("JumpSMS6", "JumpSMS6", "", "JumpSMS6"),
    ("JumpSMS7", "JumpSMS7", "", "JumpSMS7"),
    ("JumpSMS8", "JumpSMS8", "", "JumpSMS8"),
    ("JumpSMS9", "JumpSMS9", "", "JumpSMS9"),

Just put it after the Number9 row in the GENERAL_ACTIONS section, it should look like this
Code: Select all
GENERAL_ACTIONS = (
(eg.ActionGroup, "General", "General", None, (
    ("Left", "Left", "Move left off a control.", "Left"),
    ("Right", "Right", "Move right off a control.", "Right"),
    ("Up", "Up", "Move up off a control.", "Up"),
    ("Down", "Down", "Move down off a control.", "Down"),
    ("PageUp", "Page Up", "Scroll up on page in a list, thumb, or text view.", "PageUp"),
    ("PageDown", "Page Down", "Scroll down on page in a list, thumb, or text view.", "PageDown"),
    ("Select", "Select", "Select a button, or an item from a list of thumb view.", "Select"),
    ("Highlight", "Highlight", "Highlight an item in a list or thumb view.", "highlight"),
    ("ParentDir", "ParentDir", "Go up a folder to the parent folder.", "parentdir"),
    ("PreviousMenu", "PreviousMenu", "Go back to the previous menu screen.", "previousmenu"),
    ("Info", "Info", "Show the information about the currently highlighted item, or currently playing item.", "info"),
    ("Screenshot", "Screenshot", "Take a screenshot of the current screen..", "Screenshot"),
    ("PowerOff", "PowerOff", "Shutdown and power off.", "PowerOff"),
    ("VolumeUp", "VolumeUp", "Increase the volume of playback..", "VolumeUp"),
    ("VolumeDown", "VolumeDown", "Decrease the volume of playback..", "VolumeDown"),
    ("Mute", "Mute", "Mute the volume..", "Mute"),
    ("ContextMenu", "ContextMenu", "Pops up a contextual menu.", "ContextMenu"),
    ("ScrollUp", "ScrollUp", "Variable speed scroll up for analog keys (stick or triggers).", "ScrollUp"),
    ("ScrollDown", "ScrollDown", "Variable speed scroll down for analog keys (stick or triggers).", "ScrollDown"),
    ("Close", "Close", "Used to close a dialog.", "Close"),
    ("Number0", "Number0", "Used to input the number 0.", "Number0"),
    ("Number1", "Number1", "Used to input the number 1.", "Number1"),
    ("Number2", "Number2", "Used to input the number 2.", "Number2"),
    ("Number3", "Number3", "Used to input the number 3.", "Number3"),
    ("Number4", "Number4", "Used to input the number 4.", "Number4"),
    ("Number5", "Number5", "Used to input the number 5.", "Number5"),
    ("Number6", "Number6", "Used to input the number 6.", "Number6"),
    ("Number7", "Number7", "Used to input the number 7.", "Number7"),
    ("Number8", "Number8", "Used to input the number 8.", "Number8"),
    ("Number9", "Number9", "Used to input the number 9.", "Number9"),
    ("JumpSMS2", "JumpSMS2", "", "JumpSMS2"),
    ("JumpSMS3", "JumpSMS3", "", "JumpSMS3"),
    ("JumpSMS4", "JumpSMS4", "", "JumpSMS4"),
    ("JumpSMS5", "JumpSMS5", "", "JumpSMS5"),
    ("JumpSMS6", "JumpSMS6", "", "JumpSMS6"),
    ("JumpSMS7", "JumpSMS7", "", "JumpSMS7"),
    ("JumpSMS8", "JumpSMS8", "", "JumpSMS8"),
    ("JumpSMS9", "JumpSMS9", "", "JumpSMS9"),
)),
)


jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image
jonib
Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby kricker » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:08 pm

You read my mind. Thanks.
kricker
Experienced User
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:49 am

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby jonib » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:16 pm

I have updated the plugin to 0.5 adding support to control one or more XBMC's, and I have added hopefully the last missing actions, download from the first post in this thread.

Before updating backup the old plugin and EventGhost config, just in case. :twisted:

Edit: I forgot to ask, does anybody know a way to scan for any XBMC's on the network? I would like to add an option in the config to find any XBMC's and not have to input the IP manually. 8)

jonib
Last edited by jonib on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image
jonib
Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: XBMCRepeat XBMC plugin based on the official plugin

Postby rausch101 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:43 am

I was JUST looking for an easy way to add JumpSMS when I saw this. This is perfect...VERY comprehensive. Thanks jonib!
rausch101
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests