Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
jonib
Plugin Developer

Re: Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Post by jonib » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:01 pm

Biff wrote:
Hmm, What OSD? as When I start playing a video there is no OSD to hide. I need a screenshot and/or better description, sorry.
Very strange, sorry, I am not able to provide a better explanation, hope the screen shot will help.
So you pause the video, then press the menu button to show the OSD, now you press play and want to hide the OSD? without pressing the menu button again. I'm I understanding this correctly?

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Supersevereid wrote:Looks like I have the same issue connecting as Biff?
Thanks for reporting, what XBMC version are you using? I guess I have to look at this as a bigger problem. :cry:
Edit: And you are using this test version of the XBMC2 plugin?
Tried 8081 - Am I supposed to use the same port in both IP adress of Xbmc and JSON-RPC notification port?
JSON-RPC notification port is only for events so keep it 9090 unless there is a conflict with another program, but then it needs to be changed in XBMCs advancedsettings also.

jonib

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:37 am

Biff and Supersevereid please try the attached version as it seems to work, I don't remember changing anything JSON-RPC related other then the config dialog. But something changed.
Edit: Oops, looks like I linked to an older test version without Frodo support, that's why it didn't work for Biff and Supersevereid. :oops:

So here is another "Test" version of my XBMC2 plugin, I was so hoping not to have to release more test versions. :roll:
I don't think there is any changes to the events this time.
The big change is the JSON-RPC configuration dialog, I have added preliminary support for syntax checking for the JSON-RPC commands parameters, It's not pretty but works mostly. Now the parameters are less strict like the "Application.SetVolume" used to need to be "[50]" or "{"volume":50}" now it can be just "50" so basically the [] or {} should not be needed.

Edit: Now I've added a link to this test version in the first post of this thread so it's easier to find. I didn't do that before because I expected to make a proper release much sooner.

jonib

loggio

Post by loggio » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:31 am

Hi guys,

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, however i'm I don't have time to read through the whole thread.
I'm using the TEST version of this plugin, in order to receive broadcasted events from XBMC.

This seems to work fine. However, what I am trying to achieve is this :

When movie starts - send command to dim lights
when movie stops/ends - send command to turn lights up etc..

but the events I'm getting when playing a movie seem to be specific to the movie being watched and not just a general "play" event
This makes it impossible for me to do the above, because there is no "general" event generated for play, stop etc.

Also,
turning the options in the XBMC2 plugin on/off make no difference,
Enable broadcast events - Whether on or off, still receives events (provided the JSONRPCEventsConnect) action has been triggered.
Broadcast Event Workaround - Whether on or off, doesn't seem to do anything ( maybe it does and I don't notice??)
Log Raw Events - whether on or off, makes no difference to the events I receive from XBMC

Hope I'm not repeating anything here, but would be good to get some insight on this stuff as I really want to get my home automation working fine.

Cheers,
Thanks in advance.

Loggio.

Supersevereid

Post by Supersevereid » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:57 am

Here's with the latest file you attched. Running latest Frodo 12.1
I'm trying achieve the same thing as Loggio

Biff
Experienced User

Post by Biff » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:20 am

jonib wrote:Biff and Supersevereid please try the attached version as it seems to work, I don't remember changing anything JSON-RPC related other then the config dialog. But something changed.
Edit: Oops, looks like I linked to an older test version without Frodo support, that's why it didn't work for Biff and Supersevereid. :oops:

So here is another "Test" version of my XBMC2 plugin, I was so hoping not to have to release more test versions. :roll:
I don't think there is any changes to the events this time.
The big change is the JSON-RPC configuration dialog, I have added preliminary support for syntax checking for the JSON-RPC commands parameters, It's not pretty but works mostly. Now the parameters are less strict like the "Application.SetVolume" used to need to be "[50]" or "{"volume":50}" now it can be just "50" so basically the [] or {} should not be needed.

Edit: Now I've added a like to this test version in the first post of this thread so it's easier to find. I didn't do that before because I expected to make a proper release much sooner.

jonib
Many thanks for the new file, jonib,

I cannot get it to work on my system, anyway, I will just use another skip size, another key to jump forward.

Many thanks.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:44 am

loggio wrote:When movie starts - send command to dim lights
when movie stops/ends - send command to turn lights up etc..
Should be possible. What XBMC version are you using?
but the events I'm getting when playing a movie seem to be specific to the movie being watched and not just a general "play" event
This makes it impossible for me to do the above, because there is no "general" event generated for play, stop etc.
The events should be generic enough to do what you want. But I need to see what events you are getting maybe something has changed..
turning the options in the XBMC2 plugin on/off make no difference,
Well there are two types of events in XBMC "Broadcast" and the newer JSON-RPC "notifications".
Enable broadcast events - Whether on or off, still receives events (provided the JSONRPCEventsConnect) action has been triggered.
"Enable broadcast events" effects if the plugin is listening to broadcast events if they are enabled/supported in XBMC. "JSONRPCEventsConnect" is to connect to XBMC to receive JSON-RPC notifications.
Broadcast Event Workaround - Whether on or off, doesn't seem to do anything ( maybe it does and I don't notice??)
When I had Broadcast events enabled, I always got the event repeated three times so I added this workaround that shouldn't have any effect unless the events are repeated.
Log Raw Events - whether on or off, makes no difference to the events I receive from XBMC
This setting should print the raw event exactly as it has received it from XBMC in addition to generate an usable event for EventGhost.

jonib

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:54 am

Biff wrote:I cannot get it to work on my system
Did you get the same error as the last one? or something else. There might be a different problem in the new one.

Try this the proper older test version that has seemed to work for others at least. Before you give up on me. :)

jonib

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Supersevereid wrote:Here's with the latest file you attched. Running latest Frodo 12.1
I'm trying achieve the same thing as Loggio
Unfortunately I can't see the first error fully, did you get that trying to configure a JSON-RPC action?

What parameters are in "XBMC2:JSONRPC:." seems to be empty?

GetCurrentlyPlayingFilename is an old command that needs to be update to work and I'm not sure I'm going to keep it.

At least you got the events to work, you can disable the "Show Raw events" as it's not needed anymore.

jonib

Supersevereid

Post by Supersevereid » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:19 pm

The paramteres showing empty is when i try to update the JSON-RPC
But.. drumroll.. it's working :D
XBMC is broadcasting the events to EG and is triggering the lights on play,pause and stop only between 20:00-03:00!!

You're a star mate :)

Edit:
Not sure if this is related to XBMC, but I see now my log is filled with System.RemoteConnect and System.RemoteDisconnet, and very very frequently - Is this normal?

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Supersevereid wrote:But.. drumroll.. it's working :D
Finally somethings working, I was getting a bit desperate here. :shock:
You're a star mate :)
Cool, when I die I can become a black hole. :twisted:

Edit:
Not sure if this is related to XBMC, but I see now my log is filled with System.RemoteConnect and System.RemoteDisconnet, and very very frequently - Is this normal?
Don't know if it's normal or not but it's not related to XBMC. Seems to be related to remote desktop.

jonib

Supersevereid

Post by Supersevereid » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:46 pm

Don't know if it's normal or not but it's not related to XBMC. Seems to be related to remote desktop.
That makes sense, seeing I'm running everything from my server :)

Biff
Experienced User

Post by Biff » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Did you get the same error as the last one? or something else. There might be a different problem in the new one.
Actually, I do not know, I have lost the overview...repectivly I have never had it.
Try this the proper older test version that has seemed to work for others at least. Before you give up on me.
No, no probably it is me, who cannot cope with all of that. Thank you very much for the new link, alas, I cannot get it working either. So I will remain happy with the little step back I am able to trigger (If I am in luck).

Thanks again.

krantzet

Post by krantzet » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:26 am

I am trying to get JSON-RPC working with XBMC Frodo (12.1) in order to use the ExcecuteAddOn-feature.
However, I am having major problems.

The first problem is that when I configuring the JSON-RPC the Namespace and Method drop down lists are empty and I can't add anything to them (se attached pic1). I was playing along with another computer and somehow managed to get the dropdown-lists full of JSONRPC-commands, but i have no idea how I did. I cant repeat it on my XBMC-computer, but found out that the file %appdata%\Roaming\EventGhost\plugins\XBMC2\jsonrpc.dat was the key.

So i tried to move this file to my main computer and it is working. Suddenly the drop down lists for Namespace and Method are working. But I get new errors: (see attached pic 2)
JSON-RPC connection error http://127.0.0.1:80
Application is not running.

Of course XBMC is running, allowing connections on 127.0.0.1:80 and allowing programs to modify xbmc.
And it is working on my test computer, but when i am moving it to the main computer it gives me these errors.

I run the latest stable version of eventghost and the "working test version" of xbmc2 plugin (__init__.py file size 85391bytes). Please
Attachments
2.jpg
Pic 2
1.jpg
Pic 1

Supersevereid

Post by Supersevereid » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:59 am

Sorry to say, I've run into a new problem.
If my HTPC goes into sleep, is turned off or XBMC is quit and restarted the events wont reconnect.

I've setup an event with ping to run JSONRPCEventsconnect and disconnect, but it doesnt seem to work.
Any ideas?

Edit:
Only way I can get it to recieve xbmc events again is to restart EG it seems