Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
eman457

Re: Support for XBMC2 plugin (formerly XBMCRepeat)

Post by eman457 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:36 pm

jonib wrote:
Try update2, it should fix and/or give more info about the problem.
Ok this is what I get when I reboot using the latest version.
XBMC2 (f) Reboot.png
Remote reboot (using XBMC Constellation)
This is for shutdown.
XBMC2 (g) Shutdown.png
Remote shutdown (using XBMC Constellation)
And this for volume change.
XBMC2 (h) Volume.png
Remote volume change (using XBMC Constellation)
I have to inform you that all the above steps the plugin stops responding that I have to restart Eventghost.

N.B I have not tried the above steps using an infrared remote. If anyone has please let us know.
Regards.

Eman457.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri May 24, 2013 12:09 am

Thanks for the testing.
eman457 wrote: Ok this is what I get when I reboot using the latest version.
OK, now the event is not crashing the plugin, I'll need to handle the event better though.
And this for volume change.
This is weird.
I have to inform you that all the above steps the plugin stops responding that I have to restart Eventghost.
Does EventGhost stop responding or only the XBMC2 plugin?
Anyway it looks like I need to put in a lot more debugging code to find out where and why it's locking up. :| But It'll have to wait till tomorrow.

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image

eman457

Post by eman457 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:58 am

jonib wrote:
Does EventGhost stop responding or only the XBMC2 plugin?
Anyway it looks like I need to put in a lot more debugging code to find out where and why it's locking up. :| But It'll have to wait till tomorrow.
Yes man, that's true the rest of the plugins continue working. I just disabled xPL plugin just for this testing. I also tested the new ver. 0.6.9 on the local XBMC and it was very sensitive with lots of logs but no errors, which is very good.
Thanks a lot for trying hard man.

Regards.

eman457.

eman457

Post by eman457 » Fri May 24, 2013 3:53 am

Hi jonib,

I did some extensive tests using an infrared events with the (shutdown related section) of the plugin. As you can see in the image. Where the green arrow is does not affect the bare metal install of XBMC. But the same command is similar to pressing the X on the XBMC window on Microsoft Windows machine thus closing the application and eventghost staying behind to process the events. The red arrows events will wrap up a Windows machine all together that you don't have to see what is going on in eventghost.
The same commands with the red arrows cause (a bare metal build) XBMC to immediately disengage from eventghost causing those errors. This also happens with the power options from with in XBMC itself. This may also explain why sometimes you have to restart the XBMC Constellation app for iPad in order JSONRPC Notifications to start working again.
XBMC2 (i).png
Remote JSON-RPC premature disengagement
Regards.

eman457.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri May 24, 2013 6:50 am

eman457 wrote: I did some extensive tests using an infrared events with the (shutdown related section) of the plugin.
Is this with Update2? as it don't seem to be and don't help me.

jonib

eman457

Post by eman457 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:46 pm

jonib wrote:
eman457 wrote: I did some extensive tests using an infrared events with the (shutdown related section) of the plugin.
Is this with Update2? as it don't seem to be and don't help me.

jonib
Sorry man, for missleding you with my recent post.
That test was used with the old file you posted before update2

Now I have recreated the same test with the new file and here is what I get:
In this image I used the infrared event by cutting and pasting it in the power options from bottom to the top.
XBMC2 (update 2 file) (a).png
Using infrared event

This image I used XBMC Constellation on the iPad.
XBMC2 (update 2 file) (b).png
Using XBMC Constellation
Thanks again man being patient with me.

Regards.

eman457.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri May 24, 2013 8:37 pm

eman457 wrote: Now I have recreated the same test with the new file and here is what I get:
In this image I used the infrared event by cutting and pasting it in the power options from bottom to the top.
I think I'm starting to figure out whats going on, but need a bit more data. Test the attached debug version of XBMC2, and post the log for the same test you did, it should print out much more info and hopefully show exactly where the plugin locks up.
Thanks again man being patient with me.
Likewise. :)

Edit: Removed debug attachment.

jonib
Last edited by jonib on Mon May 27, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eman457

Post by eman457 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi jonib,
This one is for the debug file you last posted. It doesn't even give me the chance to do the tests.

Continuous logs !
XBMC2 (debug ver.) (c).png
XBMC (using debug file)

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Fri May 24, 2013 10:33 pm

eman457 wrote:This one is for the debug file you last posted. It doesn't even give me the chance to do the tests.
What do you mean? Does it lock up right away? The log looks normal for the debug version as I need to know exactly where it locks up, so it prints out much more text.

jonib

EdgarAuto

Post by EdgarAuto » Sat May 25, 2013 12:50 am

Hi All,

I have been trying to figure out an EASY way to get the Now Playing song info from XBMC either using the XBMC2 plugin or not. The GetCurrentlyPlayingFilename does not work. I currently can get it using a python TCP script with a JSON request but trying to parse everything out into a usable payload variable is painful. Is there an easy way to get this to come back in a payload?

Thanks much in advance

Kevin

eman457

Post by eman457 » Sat May 25, 2013 1:55 am

jonib wrote:
eman457 wrote:This one is for the debug file you last posted. It doesn't even give me the chance to do the tests.
What do you mean? Does it lock up right away? The log looks normal for the debug version as I need to know exactly where it locks up, so it prints out much more text.

jonib
No man, the log continues scrolling down endlessly as you see in the image. This I think is not normal. So I did no tests. I restarted XBMC and still could not stop the log from scrolling. What you see there is just a small part after I have restarted Eventghost. XBMC is running but does not connect.
XBMC2 (debug file) (c).png
Trying to connect!
Regards.

eman457.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sat May 25, 2013 7:33 am

eman457 wrote:No man, the log continues scrolling down endlessly as you see in the image. This I think is not normal. So I did no tests. I restarted XBMC and still could not stop the log from scrolling. What you see there is just a small part after I have restarted Eventghost.
Well it is normal for the debug version, there is a loop in the plugin that asks XBMC "Hi, do you have an event for me?" and after tree seconds it timeouts and asks again. And as long as XBMC is running and events are enabled you see this.
XBMC is running but does not connect.
Based on you log you are connected to XBMC, so you should get events from XBMC.

Is there anything else I'm missing? As it should work exactly like Update2 just much more stuff in the log.

jonib

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sat May 25, 2013 8:46 am

EdgarAuto wrote:I have been trying to figure out an EASY way to get the Now Playing song info from XBMC either using the XBMC2 plugin or not.
I guess the Easy way is to ask here :D
The GetCurrentlyPlayingFilename does not work.
Jupp, it's been broken for a while, Have not decided what to do with it as I have been concentrating on finishing other stuff. I definitely want an easy way to get basic info from XBMC.
I currently can get it using a python TCP script with a JSON request but trying to parse everything out into a usable payload variable is painful.
Directly from XBMC, ush. That's why I added JSON-RPC support to make it easier. Unfortunately it has taken a bit longer for me to get it finished. :cry:
Is there an easy way to get this to come back in a payload?
Well that depends on your definition. :twisted:

Code: Select all

PlayerID = eg.plugins.XBMC2.JSONRPC(u'Player.GetActivePlayers', u'', False)[0]['playerid']
eg.result = eg.plugins.XBMC2.JSONRPC(u'Player.GetItem', u"["+str(PlayerID)+",['title','file']]", False)
Put this in a Python script, and when you have a song playing you should get a "title","file" and some other properties in the eg.result variable.

To get for example the "Title" use eg.result['item']['title']

To get other properties add/change the "['title','file']" part of the code, a list of fields are here(click the show link)

Just post again if it don't work or you want more info. If your using the recently posted "test" version you need to update to "update3" as it had a bug with JSON-RPC.

jonib

eman457

Post by eman457 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:38 pm

jonib wrote:
eman457 wrote:No man, the log continues scrolling down endlessly as you see in the image. This I think is not normal. So I did no tests. I restarted XBMC and still could not stop the log from scrolling. What you see there is just a small part after I have restarted Eventghost.
Well it is normal for the debug version, there is a loop in the plugin that asks XBMC "Hi, do you have an event for me?" and after tree seconds it timeouts and asks again. And as long as XBMC is running and events are enabled you see this.
XBMC is running but does not connect.
Based on you log you are connected to XBMC, so you should get events from XBMC.

Is there anything else I'm missing? As it should work exactly like Update2 just much more stuff in the log.

jonib
No man, it keeps scrolling down endlessly without connecting to XBMC again as you can see in the log.
XBMC2 (debug file) (c).png
Snap shot while still scrolling
That's just a snap shot from print screen.

eman457.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sat May 25, 2013 12:57 pm

eman457 wrote: No man, it keeps scrolling down endlessly without connecting to XBMC again as you can see in the log.
The log show it has connected to XBMC. Are you trying to connect to a different XBMC and that don't work? Sorry, I just don't see/understand the problem.

jonib