Ad blocker detected:
Our software and support is 100% free. This website is not.
You can donate in 2 ways, by turning off your ad blocker or by pressing the Donate button.
************ NOTICE ************
UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS!!!
We have an issue that there is no way around as of yet.
I have done all I can to try and prevent this from happening.
We are going to be losing the .com, .org and .de domains.
We have not been able to contact the original author of EventGhost
(the person that owns those domains) to redirect them to the new web server.
I set in motion when we first moved a redirection from the old server to the new server.
I also put in markers so that search engines would see this change and update any pointers
they have. We still have the .net domain for the production site. and the .rocks for the test site.
For the past few months you have been getting redirected to the .net site if you used one of the 3
domains mentioned above. I just wanted to tell everyone so they can make any changes needed.
kgschlosser wrote:i believe this issue needs to be fixed at the core for triggered events. i will make the repair and send the information over to the powers that be and see if it will get added... the reason why i think it needs to be fixed at the core is because it's really an issue related to the TriggerEvent and also having to go through all of the plugins to correct it a much larger undertaking and it will also take care of any possible problems that can arise from this issue...
but now others know what the issue is and how to fix it..
I assume you mean the Broadcaster issue, not the patch for the Web server. There's no ambiguity about the Web server issue; needs to be fixed in the Web server plug-in as using "latin1" to decode query string parameters is incorrect. Still no response on the GitHub pull request.
Not sure I agree on the Broadcaster issue either. Should be the responsibility of the plug-in to pass properly decoded strings to TriggerEvent. In this case, the characters are coming from UDP and should clearly be decoded with UTF-8. No idea what other plug-ins may pass to TriggerEvent and a central change may break some of them.
I'm getting this error on start with the last couple of versions of this plugin(3.13.1, 3.13.3). Most recent one that doesn't give this error for me is v3.12.1 that Pako posted. I'm running EG 0.4.1.r1172.
I am not sure what the webserver is doing when this happens. but.. if you create a firewall rule on any port doesn't matter what port it is and set it to block eventghost. the webserver plugin tries to access it. and this is causing me some grief. I figured I would try to save some time and maybe someone who knows the code would take a look see at what is going on.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to
The webserver works ok until I restart Eventghost. It stops responding and I have to reboot to get it working again. Running on Win7 .o4 r1722. I'm guessing the port is not shutting down on EG exit. Is there something I need to configure? Any help is appreciated.
I have exactly the same problem and it is really annoying as I'm tuning some plugins and I need to restart Eg several times a week.
To be more precise the port used until the reboot gets freezed, changing the port "solve" the problem. Switching back to the port don't solve it. I tried to kill all processes linked to the port using netstat kill pid blabla with no success.I tried a lot of things, the only way to get it back to normal is to restart the machine.
Really would be great if someone could figure this out. I've tried reinstalling versions from 0.4.1.r1710 through 0.5.0-rc4 and webserver versions 3.8 through 3.13 and somehow they all now have the same problem: Restarting EG breaks webserver - have to then restart computer. LITTLE HELP PLEASE!