Radio?Sure!

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.

Radio?Sure!

Postby Pako » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:16 am

I have for those interested in internet radio broadcasting the new plugin - RadioSure.
I think that works in total satisfaction, but some deficiencies has.
The main problem is this:
Plugin receives some information needed for his activities, using parsing file RadioSure.xml.
File RadioSure.xml is not always completely up to date, Sometimes the delay is a few seconds.
I believe that with the support of the author RadioSure can be resolved in the future these shortcomings.

Download the new plugin you can here.

Of course I welcome all your comments (or thanks :) ).

Pako

EDIT 2011-04-06: download link changed to Sourceforge repository
Last edited by Pako on Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pako
Plugin Developer

Re: RadioSure

Postby jitterjames » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Hey Pako,

I've never used radiosure before. Does it have some advantage over mediaMonkey for listening to internet radio?
jitterjames
Experienced User

Postby Pako » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:55 pm

jitterjames wrote:Does it have some advantage over mediaMonkey for listening to internet radio?
I think definitely.
It's the same as if you had asked whether the advantage of using a standard mouse and keyboard or the touchpad and the notebook keyboard.
Both have advantages and disadvantages of course.
I will mention a few advantages:
1) More than 12,000 stations in the package and ease of searching them
2) Less consumption of system memory
3) The possibility of simultanious recording of multiple stations

Please - try it and then here give a report on how the test went. Whether it will experience positive or negative.

Pako
Pako
Plugin Developer

Postby jitterjames » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:29 pm

OK, thanks. I will put it on my to do list!
jitterjames
Experienced User

Re: Radio?Sure!

Postby Pako » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:40 am

It seems that Radio?Sure! plugin here Nobody cares.
Still, I worked on it and from this moment is part of the plugin also comfortable Scheduler.
New version of plugin is available for download only (hopefully temporarily) from the SVN repository.
Before starting work I was thinking that maybe Scheduler will use people who do not know EventGhost and will not be using any other functions EventGhost.
Therefore, the Scheduler behaves (with a few exceptions) so that it looks like a completely separate application.
On the other hand, it is also possible through integration into EventGhost remotely (from another computer) to disable, enable, delete, edit and even add the schedule!
Scheduler configuration is saved to a file Scheduler.xml. This file, users can also exchange between themselves.
Currently you can choose from four different types of schedules. If interested, I can add even more.
Because for me it is a big problem to write in English, will follow only pictures.
Please review it carefully and I think that everything important can be found in them.
I believe that at least someone will be interested and send us your experiences here.
Pako
Attachments
rsSheduler_0.jpg
rsSheduler_1+2.jpg
rsSheduler_3+4.jpg
Pako
Plugin Developer

Postby WinoOutWest » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Just wanted to add my thanks for this one. I've been using Evenghost for a while as a replacement to Girder and started using RadioSure from a different recommendation and was happy to see the EG plugin. Works great - don't have to touch my keyboard anymore for Radio.
THanks!
Darren
WinoOutWest

Postby Pako » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:46 am

I have conducted an extensive upgrade plugin RadioSure.
The most noticeable improvements are two:

1. Favorites Manager (has more features than the Import and Export. Also import from Screamer Radio !)
FavoritesManager.gif
2. Menu browser (using the remote control you can either browse the whole menu of RS or you can jump directly to any of the submenu)
RS-ShowMenu.gif
RS_MenuBrowser.gif
3. In connection with point 2 was canceled the whole folder Menu in folder Favorites and History. It is therefore necessary to remove the folder Menu (if you have it in your configuration).

In the current version of EventGhost (r1494) is in the plugin RadioSure sadly a bug.
You must download a current version.

Pako
Pako
Plugin Developer

Postby jitterjames » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:25 pm

Hey Pako,

I don't use radio-sure, but I just thought I would congratulate you. It looks like you have done some great work here. Hopefully others will be able to benefit from your efforts!
jitterjames
Experienced User

Postby Pako » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:04 am

jitterjames wrote:I don't use radio-sure ...
Perhaps just now is the time to try it. :D
jitterjames wrote:OK, thanks. I will put it on my to do list! (Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:29 pm)

Pako
Pako
Plugin Developer

Postby jitterjames » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:09 am

Ha Ha. Touche. I have my fingers in enough pies already. (in case that doesn't translate - I'm busy! - mostly with VoxCommando)

If I listen to radio I use mediaMonkey or use radio paradise on my ipod and that's all I need.
jitterjames
Experienced User

Postby piert » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:40 pm

Dear Pako,

I just wanted to say how very happy I am with your hard work on this (and many other!) plugin, which is working beautifully in my setup.
I began using RadioSure separately from Eventghost after seeing your recommendation on the Eventghost forum and I agree it is a very fast, efficient and user friendly program for listening and scheduling of internet radio (have not tried the recording function yet, but I will try that too).

I was a bit scared of trying your plugin because it looked like so many steps and possible points of failure. I started with some experimenting on a separate laptop first and I was able to find out what the different required steps and procedures entailed. I had some problems at first with administrative rights in my Eventghost program folder and therefore not being able to replace the __init__.py file in the plugin folder. I reinstalled Eventghost and have not had a problem afterwards.

I am controlling the various functions now through the webbrowser plugin of Eventghost and it works very good indeed, but I am still experimenting.
I have found many interesting-looking actions in your plugin. For instance, the preset action allows to use also Python script or information from events. I will be playing with that the coming days.

Thanks again and if I get stuck or find something else I will report back again.

Best regards,
Perry

Ps: I know you do not always get as much feedback and thanks from the forum users, but I am sure there are many people that are, like me, very grateful to you for putting so much effort in development of plugins and now also in keeping Eventghost alive for the community as well. Please keep doing your good work.
Ps2: also thanks to all others that have joined to keep Eventghost alive after Bitmonster stepped back.
piert
Experienced User

Postby piert » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Deleted double post.
Last edited by piert on Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
piert
Experienced User

Postby Pako » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:59 pm

Dear piert,
I greatly appreciate your contribution.
It's really a few people who write something like that.
They probably think I am getting a salary for that work.

Pako
Pako
Plugin Developer

Postby piert » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:09 pm

Pako,

I am curious as to what will be the final webserver.

Until the question is answered: can you tell me what codes I should use from your RadioSure plugin if I wanted to get the radio station and song playing titles displayed on the webpage dynamically?

I have been trying with a lot of different commands that I found by copy and paste of some of your plugin actions, but I usually get errors that I can't understand.
I am using the webserver plugin that came standard with 0.3.7 r 1494

I am using the webserver succesfully to send commands to EG, BTW, which is already allowing me to switch presets and select a random station. But when I select a random station, it would be nice to see the name of the station on the webpage (I am using a headless PC).

Thanks and best regards,
Perry
piert
Experienced User

Postby Pako » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:04 am

piert wrote:Until the question is answered: can you tell me what codes I should use from your RadioSure plugin if I wanted to get the radio station and song playing titles displayed on the webpage dynamically?
It is very simple:
RadioSure-Webserver.gif
RadioSure-Webserver.gif (5.14 KiB) Viewed 8865 times
Webpage (automatically refreshes every 5 seconds):
Code: Select all
<html>
    <title>Radio?Sure! - Currently playing track</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
    <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5">
</head>
    <body>
       Currently playing station/track: <b><font color="red">{{titlebar}}</b></font>
    </body>
</html>

Note: may not be turned on the option Always show station name in the window title

Pako
Pako
Plugin Developer

Next

Return to Plugin Support