Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
skat

Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by skat » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:47 am

This is a generic remote control available under multiple brands, often quoted as Vista MCE Remote Control VRC-1100: http://ortek.en.ec21.com/Vista_MCE_Remo ... 30192.html
  • A feature that sets it apart from other generic Windows MCE remotes is the addition of a mouse button that enables moving the mouse pointer in 16 directions. It is also solidly built and inexpensive, it has a good signal range and battery life. There is a standard plugin in EG called "auvisio VRC-1100 Ro" that works quite well. When installed, it suppresses the original HID mouse and HID keyboard drivers.
This thread is to share any comments or improvements to this plugin and any application code using this plugin.

<EDIT 5 August 2012> I attach a new config version (vrc1100_v20.xml) valid for EventGhost 0.4.1.r1572 and newer. It incorporates the new OnScreenMenu feature of not stealing the window focus for the SMS-like alphanumeric input.
vrc1100_v20.xml
New version 2.0 of the Eventghost config tree XML file for VRC-1100 remote control. Works with EG 0.4.1.r1572 or later.
(82.28 KiB) Downloaded 952 times
  • In case you would like to make the changes to your previous config version yourself, take the following steps:
    1) Open each of the following three action lines and untick the "Show a menu without stealing focus..." option for each:
    Configuration Tree/Ubiquitous/Power Menu/Show Power Menu/OS Menu: Show menu: ...
    Configuration Tree/Ubiquitous/Start Menu/Show Launch Menu/OS Menu: Show menu: ...
    Configuration Tree/Ubiquitous/Numpad Control/Alphanumpad Control/Emulate Alphanum/SpecialKeys Menu/Show Special Keys Menu/OS Menu: Show menu: ...

2) Replace all actions of macro Configuration Tree/Ubiquitous/Numpad Control/CanUseAlphaNumpadInstead by the following action code:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <EventGhost Version="1572">
        <Action Name="Return True">
            EventGhost.PythonScript(u'eg.result = True')
        </Action>
    </EventGhost>
<EDIT 4 August 2012> Deleted the __init__.py attachment as it has been obsolete for a year.
<EDIT 27 August 2011> I attach the first version (now outdated) of vrc1100.xml valid for EventGhost 0.4.1.r1540, until r1568 that contains a robust application support for this remote.
vrc1100.xml
Now outdated initial release of the Eventghost config tree XML file for VRC-1100 remote control. Works with EG 0.4.1.r1540 until r1568.
(82.69 KiB) Downloaded 755 times
The features include:

Supported apps control (exclusive switching):
+ WMCE, XBMC, WMP, VLC, MPC, PowerDVD, and sundry Win apps
Features:
+ Complete mouse control
+ Numpad SMS-like typing and 2abc/abc2 mode switching
+ Power menu on Power button; Launch menu when Start button double-clicked; Switch tasks on Explorer button
+ SpecialKeys submenu on Star button
+ Escape on Close button; Alt+F4 when double-clicked
+ LeftMouseClick on VolumeUp if mouse moved recently
+ Local Volume Up/Down if double-clicked
+ Monitor off if Mute button double-clicked
+ Channel Up/Down has special functions in some apps
+ Info button separated from RightClick in some apps
+ Directory Watcher-driven support for remote event invocation
Still To Do:
- Top eight buttons are not fully assigned in some apps
- Find out if one can revert to old drivers when logged-off

Enjoy.
Last edited by skat on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:46 am, edited 8 times in total.

skat

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by skat » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:10 am

Does anyone know how I can re-enable the original HID drivers for this remote control that got disabled automatically when I installed this plugin? I would like to be able to exit EG and use the RC with the original drivers.

tunayx

Post by tunayx » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Mouse left & right click buttons are working however Eventghost systray icon becomes constantly red until I press other buttons.

Mouse directions are also not recognized.

skat

Post by skat » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:27 pm

@tunayx, could you PM me your Eventghost tree XML file as plain text? I will test it here.

tunayx

Post by tunayx » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:49 pm

skat

Post by skat » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:39 pm

tunayx, that looks quite messy.

Delete your MouseButtonUp macro and paste the code I gave you in your other thread.

tunayx

Post by tunayx » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:09 pm

I deleted my xml, relaunch EG and re-add the plugin but still systray becomes red. Looks problem isn't related xml file.

skat

Post by skat » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:01 am

tunayx, please download the updated plugin version from above again. I have made a fix so that any mouse button up is not enduring anymore (no more red arrow).

tunayx

Post by tunayx » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:45 pm

It worked just fine, thank you very much for your help. I wonder if I could assign another function to (for example) down key to "MouseDir 180.0" So that I could gain four more easy to reach button.

skat

Post by skat » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:29 am

Yes, that should be possible through a Python script action checking the event payload value of 180. Do not forget that there are many more than just four directions possible.

tunayx

Post by tunayx » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:41 pm

Could you add this feature to your script, eight more buttons would be really nice.

skat

Post by skat » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:50 pm

I do not understand the purpose or use case of your request. The mouse pad on the remote control is there to control the mouse movement smoothly. The plugin generates MouseDir events with the payload containing direction. If you wish to remove the mouse direction control and turn it into some buttons, you can do it in your local EventGhost tree.

tunayx

Post by tunayx » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:05 pm

I add for example Auvisio.MouseDir 180.0 to my local EventGhost tree but nothing happens. I can add Auvisio.MouseButtonUp but this is for all directions. How can I achieve assign a function to each (at least) four main direction?

skat

Post by skat » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:55 am

tunayx wrote:I add for example Auvisio.MouseDir 180.0 to my local EventGhost tree but nothing happens
This would not work as the event is only Auvisio.MouseDir and the angle is provided as the event's payload. If you look at my code snippet that you pasted you will see how it is easily handled. I hope you have copied that bit correctly.
tunayx wrote: I can add Auvisio.MouseButtonUp but this is for all directions.
You should not be handling that event at all. It is there for a very advanced case (distinguishing between right mouse click and the Info click).
tunayx wrote:How can I achieve assign a function to each (at least) four main direction?
Hope you understand you will lose the mouse direction control that is nicely implemented in my example. You need a simple Python script handling the Auvisio.MouseDir event that will test the payload and trigger a new event for each of the directions you want.

tunayx

Post by tunayx » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:11 pm

Hope you understand you will lose the mouse direction control that is nicely implemented in my example. You need a simple Python script handling the Auvisio.MouseDir event that will test the payload and trigger a new event for each of the directions you want.
Loosing mouse direction control isn't problem for me, I use mouse all the time since much convenient than remote control's pad. But the problem I don't know how to write a script to assign functions. Can you write such script for the all the time mouse users?