Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
skat
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by skat » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:26 am

If you want to turn the mouse pad into a few buttons, then first Disable the "Start mouse movement" macro (should you have one already in the tree).

Then copy and paste the following two macros in your tree:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1534">
    <Macro Name="MousePad">
        <Event Name="Auvisio.MouseDir" id="137" />
        <Action>
            EventGhost.PythonCommand(u"eg.plugins.EventGhost.TriggerEvent(u'Auvisio.MouseDir.' + str(int(eg.event.payload)), 0)")
        </Action>
        <Action>
            EventGhost.DisableItem(XmlIdLink(137))
        </Action>
    </Macro>
    <Macro Name="MouseButtonUp">
        <Event Name="Auvisio.MouseButtonUp" />
        <Action>
            EventGhost.EnableItem(XmlIdLink(137))
        </Action>
    </Macro>
</EventGhost>
What it does is that it will generate a new event Auvisio.MouseDir.NNN for each direction. The enabling/disabling is there just to simply make sure you do not trigger multiple events from a single press, since the remote by default would keep generating the same event in series while you have the button pressed.

Finally, you will need to add macros for each direction you wish to react to (there are 16 available in total from 0 to 333) and assign the appropriate event (or more in a single macro), such as Auvisio.MouseDir.0, Auvisio.MouseDir.27, Auvisio.MouseDir.333 etc.

tunayx
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by tunayx » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Skat, you're wonderful. I believe this will help other Auvisio users as well. You know play & pause etc some buttons do the same job. Do they physically connected to same point in remote's plaque or could there be a trick to assign different functions?

skat
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by skat » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:49 am

I strongly believe that Play and Pause are sending the same codes. So I do not think they can be distinguished from each other. Quite a few software players have a toggle function for Play+Pause so it is not such a pain.

I managed to separate the Right Mouse Button from the Info button because one of them sends two MouseButtonUp events. Nevertheless, the logic introduces a bit of lag after you release the buttons to figure out which one is which. In a lot of applications the Info button has the same function as the right mouse click anyway.

I have put together quite a robust VRC-1100 EventGhost control tree that I am happy to share. I am planning to upload it here as soon as Pako releases a new EG version with my amendments to a few plugins. It hase been more than a month since r1534 so I hope the next release comes soon. Just to give you an idea of what I have managed to implement so far:

Supported apps control (exclusive switching):
+ WMCE, WMP, VLC, MPC, PowerDVD, Sundry Winapps
Features:
+ Complete mouse control
+ Numpad SMS-like typing and 2abc/abc2 mode switching
+ Power menu on Power button; Launch menu on double Start button; Switch tasks on Explorer button
+ Escape on Close button; Alt+F4 when double-clicked
+ LeftMouseClick on VolumeUp if mouse moved recently
+ Local Volume Up/Down if double-clicked
+ Monitor off if Mute button double-clicked
+ Channel Up/Down has special functions in some apps
+ Info button separated from RightClick in some apps
+ Directory Watcher-driven support for remote event invocation (to shut down or stand-by etc.)
Still To Do:
- Top eight buttons are not all assigned in some apps (sensible ideas welcome)
- Find out if one can revert to old drivers when logged-off

robof
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:57 am

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by robof » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:02 am

Is it possible to use the power button to wake up the computer? Now I could only hibernate. Not a big deal though but I wonder why the receiver couldn't receiver the signal when the computer is in hibernate/sleep mode.

BTW, You're amazing! Love your ideas and I'm looking forward your update.

bludovit
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by bludovit » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 pm

skat wrote:I strongly believe that Play and Pause are sending the same codes. So I do not think they can be distinguished from each other. Quite a few software players have a toggle function for Play+Pause so it is not such a pain.

I managed to separate the Right Mouse Button from the Info button because one of them sends two MouseButtonUp events. Nevertheless, the logic introduces a bit of lag after you release the buttons to figure out which one is which. In a lot of applications the Info button has the same function as the right mouse click anyway.

I have put together quite a robust VRC-1100 EventGhost control tree that I am happy to share. I am planning to upload it here as soon as Pako releases a new EG version with my amendments to a few plugins. It hase been more than a month since r1534 so I hope the next release comes soon. Just to give you an idea of what I have managed to implement so far:

Supported apps control (exclusive switching):
+ WMCE, WMP, VLC, MPC, PowerDVD, Sundry Winapps
Features:
+ Complete mouse control
+ Numpad SMS-like typing and 2abc/abc2 mode switching
+ Power menu on Power button; Launch menu on double Start button; Switch tasks on Explorer button
+ Escape on Close button; Alt+F4 when double-clicked
+ LeftMouseClick on VolumeUp if mouse moved recently
+ Local Volume Up/Down if double-clicked
+ Monitor off if Mute button double-clicked
+ Channel Up/Down has special functions in some apps
+ Info button separated from RightClick in some apps
+ Directory Watcher-driven support for remote event invocation (to shut down or stand-by etc.)
Still To Do:
- Top eight buttons are not all assigned in some apps (sensible ideas welcome)
- Find out if one can revert to old drivers when logged-off
Amazing work !!! What about XBMC support ?

skat
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by skat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:09 am

robof wrote:Is it possible to use the power button to wake up the computer? Now I could only hibernate. Not a big deal though but I wonder why the receiver couldn't receiver the signal when the computer is in hibernate/sleep mode.
I think that is close to impossible (would be happy to be proved wrong). I read somewhere that the Enter key might do it but I think that would be with the original driver and probably with some additional OS settings, etc. Never tried myself. If anyone gets it working, please report back.

skat
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by skat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:22 am

bludovit wrote: What about XBMC support ?
That is quite a good idea. I will try to add it next. I use WMCE for live TV but XBMC looks decent and if I could integrate it in WMCE (or vice versa), I could see myself switch to XBMC for all media playback.

skat
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by skat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:07 pm

So I got XBMC working as well. Just running some final testing and fine-tuning before I publish it.

On another note, I just noticed the mouse movement (the feature that sets this remote apart from other generic Win MCE remotes) has a lot of inertia after the mouse direction button has been released. I do not know what causes this lag, I assume the system is still processing some queued events. If anybody knows what could be causing this inertia, let me know. I thought it could be the Eventghost log window doing a lot of repainting but I turned most of the logging off and minimized EG and the mouse still has the same inertia. Then I enabled logging again and although EG stops logging actions immediately after I release the button, the mouse keeps going for another 1-2 seconds. I tried setting the process priority to High but that did not help.

The code is fairly simple:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1540">
    <Macro Name="Start mouse movement" Expanded="True">
        <Event Name="Auvisio.MouseDir" />
        <Action>
            EventGhost.PythonCommand(u'eg.plugins.Mouse.GoDirection(eg.event.payload)')
        </Action>
    </Macro>
</EventGhost>
The funny thing is that if I start Windows Media Center or XBMC, then the mouse control works correctly by halting the movement immediately after the button is released. Even if I just connect to this machine from a remote desktop, the mouse starts working properly and when I close the remote desktop, it goes back to sluggish. Also, when the TV recording service of Win MCE is active in the background the mouse works fine in Windows. I am running EG r1540 on Win7 Pro 32-bit on a dual core AMD Athlon Neo N36L 1.3GHz and I only run a single instance of EventGhost in memory.

skat
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by skat » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:47 am

I have now uploaded the first release of the EG tree xml (vrc1100.xml) to my original post. Let me know what you think.

I made a workaround for the mouse inertia issue by checking if the queue is empty before starting the mouse movement. It appears that in the situations I described above, the Mouse plugin queue gets processed faster and does not create a back-log.

skat
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by skat » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:36 am

The vrc1100.xml attached in the OP supports a remote call serving through a simple directory watcher.

The idea is that you have a network file share set up and everytime you create a specifically named file in that share from any computer (client), the EG machine (server) will detect it and will run the appropriate command.

Of course after loading vrc1100.xml you have to configure the Directory Watcher plugin first to watch the right shared directory. Then you put the UNC of the same share in the following sample code and save it in a Windows batch file called for example egremote.bat.

Code: Select all

@echo off
set egfile=<REPLACE THIS UNC \\server\share>\eg.RemoteEvent.%1
if exist %egfile% del %egfile%
if exist %egfile% echo Request will NOT be processed by the server (cannot remove %egfile%)
echo Request from %userdomain%\%username% on %date% at %time% > %egfile%
choice /c AB /D A /t 1 > NUL
if exist %egfile% del %egfile% & echo Request was NOT processed by the server!
And finally, you can run this new egremote.bat batch file with the following parameters:
egremote sleep
egremote hibernate
egremote shutdown
egremote reboot
egremote displayoff

You can also add your own commands in the Eventghost tree under the Ubiquitous/Remote Event Call folder.

fizz
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by fizz » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:42 pm

first, sorry for my bad english :)

is ther another plugin for the auvisio out here? after update to latest eventghost everytime the auvisio plugin start ask for driver install, i hit yes, driver installed ok. then again, and again....

just see in the logs...
Plugin: auvisio VRC-1100 Ro
Fehler beim Start des Plugins: auvisio VRC-1100 Ro
Treiber nicht gefunden!
GetUncPathOf Error: 1200 Der angegebene Gerätename ist unzulässig.

any idea?

skat
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by skat » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:05 pm

fizz, that happened to me as well. I may have plugged the receiver into a different USB port (not sure). I remember that I then had to run eventghost as administrator to install the driver correctly.

There was a plugin update in the latest eventghost but the updated plugin just adds a few events to the original plugin so I do not think that, by itself, should cause any trouble.

fizz
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by fizz » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:16 pm

ya, after some attempts i think not the plugin is the problem. think now eg make this troubles :( and obv ive testet all usbslots while runnin eg as admin. no chance :( maybe anything in the driver install take system reserved names.

just make an empty folder and rename it to con, then you know what i mean :) think anything like this is the problem :(

Rik
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by Rik » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:25 pm

skat wrote:
robof wrote:Is it possible to use the power button to wake up the computer? Now I could only hibernate. Not a big deal though but I wonder why the receiver couldn't receiver the signal when the computer is in hibernate/sleep mode.
I think that is close to impossible (would be happy to be proved wrong). I read somewhere that the Enter key might do it but I think that would be with the original driver and probably with some additional OS settings, etc. Never tried myself. If anyone gets it working, please report back.
Just installed this plugin on a HTPC (thank you skat), and it seems that every remote keys can resume the pc from hibernate.
Maybe you should properly set the 5VSB jumper on your motheboard to allow USB devices to wake up the PC from S3 and S4 sleep modes.

internicht
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin

Post by internicht » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:08 am

First, thanks to skat for the great work - you saved me a lot of time setting up my HTPC with this remote, and I thought it wasn't going to work at all until I found this page. Also, heartfelt thanks to whoever created the alt EG driver for the remote.

Which brings me to my point: Is there any chance that we can download this driver separately to EG?

I understand that in the past, the automatic installation through EG has failed (unsure why). I have also (on a previous HTPC) had a remote receiver supplier disappear on me, so that I could no longer obtain the driver. If I have built a whole system around using this remote, it makes me a bit nervous for it to rely on a driver that I may or may not be able to find in the future...

Post Reply